From back in 2016 and nearly one and a half million views by now. A must-see if you missed it or forgot much of it by now with all that is going on all the time. (and there is a follow-up to be shared this coming Video Weekend)
Marxism 101: How Capitalism is Killing Itself with Dr. Richard Wolff
If you allow a very small number of people to control the very goods and services we all need to survive (and/or live well), they are going to use that control to make that system work for them (regardless of if these controllers are members of a government or private market bosses or both of them in cahoots with one another). And they are not going to worry about the rest of us. It’s a recipe for a society that produces wealth for the top 5 to 10 percent but not for everybody else, that gives power … to those at the top and not to everybody else.
The premature deaths from bad diet and hardship, from starvation, from the denial of even the cheapest and simplest healthcare — the suffering of the bottom half is unspeakable. It is a high crime committed at the top, and a responsibility for us all to cure and not wait another moment more!
- ~20 min in a very telling remark: “one share, one vote”
- What is unfettered capitalism’s modus operandi? To exploit. Ripping off the many for the obscene wealth of a few.
- The job of us working people in this corrupt system is to produce a lot more than we get, so that others get a lot more than they ever produce (many of the richest produce absolute zilch).
- Rosa Luxemburg: “There is either socialism or barbarism.”
- Richard Wolff: ‘The 62 richest people in the world together have more wealth than the bottom half of the population of this planet, roughtly 3.5 billion people.’
- Richard Wolff: ‘The argument that was heard when Occupy Wall Street emerged in 2011 was: “This is a tiny group of people who don’t represent anything.” All that’s gone because Mr. Sanders has said, “Well let’s see how many people are critical of the 1% vs. the 99%? How many people will support a candidate who says that every day and who even accepts the label socialist?” And the answer is millions!’
- “The philosophers have only interpreted the world… The point, however, is to change it.” – Karl Marx
|And, btw, yesterday, The Revolution Continues came out with a fantastic mind-clearing article and very nifty memes: Why Do We Let Them Do This To Us?
Highly recommendable! (and followed by remarkable news!)
Ending Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to free updates and to share widely critical stuff you encounter here and elsewhere. Also, please lend support if you can. Together we are the change we have been waiting for.