An amazing number of brilliant women made fantastic arguments and analyses this week. Don’t miss them nor the also insightful men in these 22 outstanding videos treating what’s wrong and how to make change.
Stars and channels: Krystal Ball, Naomi Klein, Jane Fonda, Jill Stein, Bernie, Richard Wolff, Taya Graham (The Real News Network), John Spritzler, The Rational National, The Michael Brooks Show, Jimmy Dore, Gayle McLaughlin (the California Progressive Alliance), Harriet Fraad, Politics and Prose, Aaron Glantz, Democracy Now!, Ralph Nader, Steven Greenhouse, Nick Hanauer, and more.
- #MfA: Universal Healthcare for Liberty
- Risks for All, Not Just Investors
- Police Crimes: Our Dungeon & Dragon Society
- Let’s Have No Government by and for Criminals
- Bernie (Reviews, Movement, Track Record, Market vs Society)
- Bernie & Tulsi Combo: Might it Landslide the Nation?
- Corporatists and Oligarchs Looking for Another “D” Puppet
- Organizing Outside of Political Parties
- The Source and Success of Racism
- Humor: The ‘Elites’ Crying When We Call Out their Corruption
- The Twin Party Tyranny Blocking Representation of the People
- Panel: Naomi Klein & Jane Fonda – Sunrise, Climate, & Humanity
- Banksters: The Then & Now Real Estate Raid
- Indigenous Dealing with California Wildfires
- Immigration & Border: Many Victims are Native Americans
- American Past, Present, & Future & Comparison w/ Other Nations
- SCOTUS, The Achilles Heal of Democracy
- A 0.1%er Getting Some of the Wrongness
1. #MfA: Universal Healthcare for Liberty
Krystal Ball: Why Andrew Yang is wrong on Medicare For All
2. Risks for All, Not Just Investors
… a.k.a. entrepreneurs, shareholders, business owners…:
Economic Update: The Capitalist Corporation
Democracy At Work
3. Police Crimes: Our Dungeon & Dragon Society
Innocent people shot in their homes by police. Our state’s addiction to incarceration holding half a million in jail before any trial, killing some of them there… (and that even without using the “legalization” of no due process and secretly disappearing people instituted in the Patriot Act of G.W. Booh & National Defense Authorization Acts of Obama in blatant violation of our Bill of Rights):
He Died in Jail From Dehydration. His Family Says a Leaked Video Shows it Was Murder.
The Real News Network
Powerful Quote: Have our political elites become nothing more than rapacious jail keepers passing tax cuts for the rich while selling ankle bracelets to the poor? … Is it just a profit motive or racism? Or is it something even more insidious: the notion that our bodies and our psyches do not belong to us but to the state? ” (in turn owned by the rich and power hungry)
Some weird vocab use, though, in the report:
- sully = smear, taint, tarnish
- omnivorous (if I heard the fast babble right) = eating food of every kind indiscriminately, taking in everything available, all-devouring (a biology term I’d not personally use to describe social issues like our prison system)
Comment: The total disregard for our Bill of Rihts has become such common practice that…
4. Let’s Have No Government by and for Criminals
A Misunderstanding about Democracy
5. Bernie (Reviews, Movement, Track Record, Market vs Society)
A Good Bernie Back Rally Review
Bernie Rally Draws Huge Crowd, Topping Every Candidate
The Rational National
Bernie Commentary: The Only Candidate with a Movement
… rather than an oligarchy-astroturphed fascist public brainwash operation (the far right “movement”):
Primer: The Bernie Rally
The Michael Brooks Show
Comment: And since another 2016-like primary cheat has been programmed, Bernie is likely to be cheated out of the race again and thus won’t be in the position or rallying across the country as president to boost the movement into power to overcome the current crooks in the legislature and a have a true people’s government. When that happens, the movement must boost itself.
Bernie: The Man who was Awake When so Many Slept
30 Years of Speeches
Comment: Who do you want in the oval office? One who has been standing up for us for decades while most of us were still asleep, or some usual corruptician who has only lately adopted some of Bernie’s motions to copycat him and talk the talk but not walk the walk? Did you notice how he put corrupt corporations like Amazon and Walmart under pressure to raise their workers’ dismal pay even WITHOUT being our president? What other candidate can compare with that?
Hear the Bern E11: Market-Driven vs Social Society
The alternative to the market’s invisible hand clutching at our throats:
Hear the Bern Episode 11 | Bogeyman: Democratic Socialism (w/ Greg Carr)
6. Bernie & Tulsi Combo: Might it Landslide the Nation?
This conversation can make you wonder if it would, what with signs of the corrupt establishment beginning to weaken, the public hate it is faced with, and challenging candidates being welcomed across the traditional political spectrum… … If, yes IF, the “D” Party doesn’t refuse to appoint the winning candidate as it did in the 2016 primaries that were actually won by Bernie (but officially “won” by $Hillary):
Even CNN Defends Tulsi & Condemns Hillary’s Unhinged Accusations
The Jimmy Dore Show
Comment: I do wonder if the rigging of the current “Democratic” Party primaries can be overcome this time, similarly to how Obama’s general election landslide in 2008 overwhelmed the massive GOP rigging of the general election that had previously put the Bush-Cheney regime in power for two terms when it actually lost both elections. The election count fraud our ‘elites’ commit is always the last card up their sleeve when all the preceding rigging (like media manipulation, voter suppression, and so on) fails.
7. Corporatists and Oligarchs Looking for Another “D” Puppet
…having their “R” puppet already in place, but all their “D” puppets (except Warren, perhaps, who for some of them isn’t corporatist enough) are dismally failing in the primary race. And of all these establishment shills they are searching among, they actually consider the very “D” shill who already lost the last presidential election against the “R” shill?
Hillary Clinton Seriously Considering 2020 Run
The Young Turks
8. Organizing Outside of Political Parties
Growing strong together in opposition of the establishment, side-stepping the political party barriers:
Bernie Gets ANOTHER Big Endorsement
9. The Source and Success of Racism
No matter if you are Italian, Irish, Native American, Black, Hispanic, or an immigrant, the ruling class will smear you to justify exploiting you and making the other exploited people hate you instead of the exploiters, all based on the primitive dark side instinct of “othering” and the infantile instinct of authoritarianism still well alive in numerous adults who were raised in authoritarian households and schools:
Capitalism Hits Home: Bringing Race into the Mix
Democracy At Work (Harriet Fraad)
10. Humor: The ‘Elites’ Crying When We Call Out their Corruption
Hunter Biden’s blather completed by Jimmy Dore: “I was raised to respect that [presidential] office… and to get $50,000 a month for doing nothing. — And you know why he gets emotional? Because he’s no longer getting [those] 50 grand a month.”
Hunter Biden Cries When Asked About Ukraine Corruption
The Jimmy Dore Show
Great quote from Jimmy Dore responding to Hunter Biden’s whining: “Everybody goes through stuff, Hunter. And guess what, we don’t have 50 grand a month to cushion the blow.”
Other quotes by YouTube watchers:
- “Boo hoo, the poor gilded tears of a child of political nepotism.”
- “Cant we just go back to turning a blind eye to me earning 50k a month off my dad’s office for nothing? 50k a month over 5 years is 3 million dollars!”
- “He actually got paid $80,000 a month. He’s probably crying because people keep saying $50,000.”
- “He’s just like his dad. He stutters and struggles to form a sentence. It runs in the family.” — Yeah! Indeed! Isn’t that our modern qualification for becoming our nation’s president? (I recall the stuttering genocidal fascist dictator G.W. Bush and the people’s traitor Ronald Reagan who was reading his scripts off some index cards because his brain was gone. It’s nothing new that the ruling class you were born into or at least are connected and loyal to is the ONLY qualification to get into the highest office in our toppled democracy.)
11. The Twin Party Tyranny Blocking Representation of the People
… making sure that people will only vote for their corrupticians by keeping the split-vote mechanism in place and smearing true people’s candidates, by rigging voting machine’s vote count, by rigging party conventions, and so on:
Jill Stein Smashes Hillary & Defends Julian Assange
The Jimmy Dore Show
12. Panel: Naomi Klein & Jane Fonda – Sunrise, Climate, & Humanity
Naomi Klein quote: “We need to advance to agree that human beings have value by right of their being human.” And we need to push for “renewable energy with justice at the center”. The video is set to start where it begins to cut to the chase:
Naomi Klein, “On Fire” (with Jane Fonda)
Politics and Prose
Jane Fonda quote: “We are facing a climate crisis, but we’re also facing an empathy crisis. The fabric of society is unraveling. And since we have to redo it, why not do it right? First of all, we’ll get more support doing it that way. Secondly, it’s the right thing to do. But also, as a Naomi points out, so much warming is already baked in [that] things are going to get a lot worse even if we do everything right. We’re going to be so much better able to deal with it if we feel respected, if we’re earning a decent wage, if we care for each other. … We have to march in unprecedented numbers and stick together and love each other and and make this happen. And we can’t stop until we do.”
13. Banksters: The Then & Now Real Estate Raid
You almost certainly don’t know what happened after the 2008 crash and what huge crime has been continued since. The predatory mortgage loans were only the BEGINNING of the massive clawing away of our homes by the 1%. The predatory loaning got going under Clinton, bloomed during the Bush-Cheney regime, led to the crash of the world economy in 2008 and THEN, under Obama, our government massively financed foreclosures to rob millions of Americans of their homes and make the 1% so much richer with the stolen homes and billions of our tax dollars, killing the American Dream in the process:
Homewreckers: How Wall Street, Banks & Trump’s Inner Circle Used the 2008 Housing Crash to Get Rich
14. Indigenous Dealing with California Wildfires
This California Tribe Is Fighting Wildfires With Fire
15. Immigration & Border: Many Victims are Native Americans
… never wishing to leave their motherland. Columbus’ conquest continues:
Why Are Indigenous People Dying At The Border?
Comment: How can we justify terror committed by ICE and our border patrol and presidential orders on people already mauled by forced migration?
16. American Past, Present, & Future & Comparison w/ Other Nations
The Future of American Labor
Ralph Nader Radio Hour
17. SCOTUS, The Achilles Heal of Democracy
How The Supreme Court Ended Democracy
Thom Hartmann Program
Our Supreme Court Broke Politics – BOOM!
Thom Hartmann Program
18. 0.1%er Getting Some of the Wrongness
Impressive, but of course not enough. And besides his talking, what is his walk? Imagine if someone like him would finance something like my idea of the World Progress Inc. …
The dirty secret of capitalism – and a new way forward | Nick Hanauer
Ending Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to free updates and to share widely critical stuff you encounter here and elsewhere. Also, please lend support if you can. Together we are the change we have been waiting for.