If you lack time to discover many top level meaningful videos about major events, problems, and solutions, here is a weekly share for you to check and share onward. Major issues this time: the need for and development of a people’s party and dealing with the housing crisis, now and in the future.
Stars & channels: TheMiddleBlitz, The Intercept, Jimmy Dore, Ralph Nader Radio Hour, The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow, Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work), Secular Talk , Movement for a People’s Party, BuzzFeedVideo, Living Big In A Tiny House, Bushradical, The Outsider, Jack of All Master of None, Kristina Smallhorn, MINDS EYE DESIGN
- Edward Snowden talking to Joe Rogan about Julian Assange
- Joe Rogan vs Propagandist Mass Media of the Oligarchy
- Trump’s Judges Approved by the Oh-So-Opposite “Democrats”
- Selfish Oligarchy: MSNBC Host Complains that Park Avenue LIVES MATTER!
- A little Joe Biden Review
- Trying to Justify Anti-Democratic Actions of the D Party with a GOP Smear
- Non-Persecuted Voter Suppression & Family Farms Killed by Capitalist Oligarchs
- Uniting Left & Right with Fake (Trick by both Hitler and Trump)
- Economic Update: Degrading U.S., Financial Capital Cheats, & How to Change
- UBI in the View of the Pandemic
- MPP: Forget About the General Election, Do Vote, But then People’s Movement
- Alternative Affordable Housing, Part 2
|Best subscribe and share with others, so the efforts I make can serve enough people. (I lack time for social media) Thanks. 🙂|
Politics & Life
1. Edward Snowden talking to Joe Rogan about Julian Assange
Edward Snowden talking to Joe Rogan about Julian Assange ~ TheMiddleBlitz (Sep 16, 2020)
2. Joe Rogan vs Propagandist Mass Media of the Oligarchy
What explains elite contempt for Joe Rogan? – System Update with Glenn Greenwald ~ The Intercept (Sep 22, 2020)
3. Trump’s Judges Approved by the Oh-So-Opposite “Democrats”
BREAKING! Ruth Ginsburg R.I.P. Democrats Posturing Begins! ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Sep 18, 2020)
4. Selfish Oligarchy: MSNBC Host Complains that Park Avenue LIVES MATTER!
MSNBC Host complains: Park Avenue LIVES MATTER! ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Sep 20, 2020)
5. A little Joe Biden Review
“Secret” CIA Report Claims BIDEN is a Victim Of RUSSIA! ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Sep 23, 2020)
6. Trying to Justify Anti-Democratic Actions of the D Party with a GOP Smear
Here we are again with our “good cop/bad cop” game in our fake democracy:
Green Party HIT PIECE by the New York Times! ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Sep 25, 2020)
7. Non-Persecuted Voter Suppression & Family Farms Killed by Capitalist Oligarchs
Notes: Don’t think only the R-Party cheats in elections this way. The D-Party merely focuses its cheats on its primaries (so it can block anti-oligarchy candidates from our ballots, stopping leftism and people power being the D-Party’s task in our fake-democratic oligarchy).
How the Right is Shredding the Vote ~ Ralph Nader Radio Hour (Sep 19, 2020)
8. Uniting Left & Right with Fake (Trick by both Hitler and Trump)
Prof. Richard Wolff on Trump, the Generals, and the Nazis ~ The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow (Sep 11, 2020)
9. Economic Update: Degrading U.S., Financial Capital Cheats, & How to Change
The second half explains the transition from feudalism to capitalism, and what this means for a transition from our corrupting and destructive capitalism to something better. (almost humorous the look at the bubonic plague from the COVID pandemic)
Eonomic Update: How We Get Beyond Capitalism ~ Democracy At Work (Sep 21, 2020)
10. UBI in the View of the Pandemic
Germany Experimenting With $1,400/ Month Universal Basic Income ~ Secular Talk (Sep 9, 2020)
11. MPP: Forget About the General Election, Do Vote, But then People’s Movement
… strike, protest, pressure officials… (rather than rely on the corrupticians’ nonsense and feel dismal when they cheat us all agaaaiiin)… The entire west coast (plus Hawaii) are getting ready to move, and growth is happening already also in Michigan, Wisconsin, Arkansas, Ohio, Tennessee, Indiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Kansas, Colorado, Missouri, Iowa, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Maine, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, New Mexico, Texas, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands… and first sprouting in North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming… Also, a UBI street demonstration(s) were announced for Saturday…
MPP National Call 9.17.2020 ~ Movement for a People’s Party (Sep 17, 2020)
12. Affordable New Homes & Homesteads, Part 2
Variable affordability, of course. My hope for no more than $10-20K for everybody is my search goal along the journey of which I come across all sorts of prices below, let’s say, $40K or at least below $70K.
An Over-Expensive ($65,000) Yurt (but helpful in learning yurt design aspects)
Amazing Modern Yurt Is A Design Marvel ~ Living Big In A Tiny House (Sep 21, 2019)
$65k which included all the building materials, furniture and appliances (but also had a weekend of construction help from friends – not paid, I guess)
(and the leased plot it stands on probably not included in the official costs either)
Here is what on their yurt construction website they published about their compost toilet: “Without access to city sewer lines or even a septic tank, how we manage our fecal waste becomes an important aspect to consider. Luckily, developments over the last couple of decades have introduced the compost toilet to the world. True to their name, these toilets turn human waste into usable compost through the act of decomposition. The crème de la crème of this bathroom necessity is manufactured in Sweden by the Seperatt company (Seperatt USA in the states). Their unique design separates a person’s liquid waste from their solid waste.
The liquid waste (urine) mixes with your grey water line; the dilution that occurs makes the liquid safe to be dispersed in a dry well. The solid waste (poop) stays inside a container within the toilet. A constantly running fan inside the toilet draws any remaining odor outside. Every 2-3 weeks the container is emptied into a composting bin outside. In 4-6 months you’ll have compost that can be utilized for any non-edible plants (flowers, bushes, trees, etc). The installation of the Seperatt toilet is straightforward and quick.”
And here is another link found there to learn more about the benefits from composting toilets: https://rainieroutdoor.com/blog/yurt-living/composting-toilets/
Interestingly, this website also hints at a possibility to earn income from campers if one lives in a beautiful countryside environment: https://www.hipcamp.com/
Community-Based instead of Corporate-Billionaire-Greed-Based Home Building
We Built A $34 Tiny House In 3.5 Days ~ BuzzFeedVideo (Jun 1, 2020)
It would be great if I knew a community interested in building me a cheap home, thus bringing me into the community and getting community contributions from me that I can offer (like teaching, tutoring, web development work, computer work… or side incomes from some of these, (or even music if I got healthy enough again))… People across the world must rebuild thriving communities crushed over generations by capitalism. And they must take the entire human life cycle in consideration (yes, children and elderly, too, because that is our entire life course when we don’t die too early)
$30-35K, 9 Months Self-Built “Tiny Home”
Astounding Tiny House With Downstairs Master Bedroom ~ Living Big In A Tiny House (Jul 13, 2017)
But what about the land it stands on? Yes, it seems to be fairly mobile (if the height isn’t a problem), so at least one may be able to relocate with it when needed. A commenter on YouTube asked my question (also being bothered that the land issue is so often left out), and the video maker actually replied:
Q: “Bryce, one thing I keep seeing missing from some of your vids is how did they acquire the land?”
A: “Most people simply find a bit of available land to rent. In the case of this family they are renting only a short drive out of downtown Asheville in an area which is a bit more rural and has lots of available land. Most people just ask around, find a place to park up, negotiate rent and then it’s all good.” — Well, so… mobile tiny homes can stay a bit nomadic.
There are some further informative communications in that discussion thread:
- “They build them on wheels even if they own the land, because that way you save a lot of money on building regulation expenses, taxes and so on.” — Aha! Cheaper land cost issues (incl. property taxes!) apparently when building or using homes on wheels!
- “Land is surprisingly cheap if theres no pre-existing structures on it. Out here in KY I got my house and 1.5 acre lot for $82,000 yet down the road theres a 45acre lot (with no house) that only costs $87,000.” — Barrier-type high costs for me, still, but a good hint! (not just for single homes but family & friends communities one might arrange)
- More indications about the land-cheap trailer homes: “In the USA a lot of people rent were they put there trailer which is the legal term for most tiny houses that are built on top of a trailer but some places like surrounding Asheville North Carolina there isn’t a building code so you can take your trailer on a lot you buy and it’s considered a structure that you can live in full time where is like in the city where I live in in Northern Virginia here accessory dwellings like that would not be allowed under current code law and certainly not buying a lot and putting a trailer on it.”
- And more: “right now in different parts of Asheville you can buy acreage that is in the rural and unrestricted areas and place a tiny home. They would require that you put it on a foundation in other areas. Inside the city the city limits it is a must that you put it on a foundation with a septic system and that you have a separate sink for the bathroom and kitchen…”
A good, important point made by someone else expresses my own frustration in researching affordable housing and running constantly into the outputs made by people well established in our dungheap wealth and power pyramid: “The focus should include the complications of zoning and renting land. It is incredibly frustrating answer: ‘Most people just find a bit of land…’ how annoying!!! You never mention it’s practically impossible in most US states. Also, if u happen to just stumble on some freaking miracle of just ‘finding land,’ you should tell viewers that the cost of renting land can be the same or more that the cost of a cheap rental unit in any urban area.” — Exactly. Let’s get realistic and put the housing for non-rich, non-upper-“middle”-class at the top of our priorities! We need a healthy human society for crying out loud.
A “Tiny Home” built in Parent’s Backyard for ~US$12,000 (In Australia)
The exact amount is mentioned in the written description as just over US$12,000 — self-built, though, why in the video they refer to a year’s rent costs, fairly good affordability IF one doesn’t have to struggle with the land ownership, property rent, or land lease. The next step for poor people NOT having fairly wealthy parents (who own a big housing lot) is to find an affordable lot that isn’t hit from behind the curtains with horrible regulations and taxes. OTOH, bringing back together the families that were atomized by our radical capitalism is definitely a desirable thing to do reconstructing healthier communities (where, for instance, the elderly that most of us will become aren’t simply tossed into a ditch).
Uni Grad’s $US12,000 Eco Tiny House ~ Living Big In A Tiny House (Dec 7, 2018)
From Homeless to a $5000 Tiny “House” ( ~= Mobile Bedroom Dependent on a Shared Kitchen & Shower Community)
Jay Shafer’s Stunning $5,000 Tiny House ~ Living Big In A Tiny House (Nov 8, 2018)
Researching a little about Jay Shafer, I came across Tumbleweed Tiny House Company (that he originally was part of) in Sonoma (California) — way expensive what it produces — , the Small House Society in Iowa City (it may be this: https://smallhousesociety.net) that he co-founded but left by now, and his apparently most recent-founded Four Lights Tiny House Company (no link to find?).
Tiny Home Builders sadly refers to prices saying “a 24’ tiny house might average around $65,000” — way too costly IMHO.
England: 17 Year Old Builds Tiny House For Only £6,000 (~ US$7600)
UNFORTUNATELY big expenses avoided again by 3 things moth of us don’t have: land inherited for free, the time and ability to do all the construction work oneself, and obtaining lots of second hand stuff like materials and kitchen (clearly no option when the rest of us non-home-owners want to liberate ourselves from the rent slavery we are stuck in on top of our wage slavery).
17 Year Old Builds Tiny House For Only £6,000! ~ Living Big In A Tiny House (Jan 16, 2020)
|Stay notified despite social media censorship! Get timely Updates (and spread the word)|
Ending Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to free updates and to share widely critical stuff you encounter here and elsewhere. Also, please lend support if you can. Together we are the change we have been waiting for.