For others short on time, here is another weekly share of cool videos dealing with our issues. Major ones handled this time: unethical cultural & systemic flaws hurting us and building mentality and a people’s movement to fix these issues. Also part 5 of the series on making affordable housing possible (more critical than ever due to the looming mass evictions).
Stars & channels: “Honest Government Ad” (thejuicemedia), The Nomad Economist, Chris Hedges, Jimmy Dore, mediasanctuary, Second Thought, Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work), Movement for a People’s Party, Ralph Nader Radio Hour, and more.
- Government Ads: Brainwashing the Public
- Current Economy (and Civil War Fear) Summarized
- Being Ethical (Hear, hear, liberals and cons!)
- Chris Hedges: The Politics of Cultural Despair
- Growing Awareness vs Stubborn Blinders in the U.S.
- Summary of Media Oligarchy
- Minor Reforms Don’t Make Capitalism Good and Safe
- The People’s Party Talks Are Much Better than the Twin Party Debates
- Talk with Rep. of Patriotic Millionaires | Trump’s Coup-Style Law Breaking
- Latest National Call of the People’s Party
- The Process of Foreclosure Sales
- Bank-Owned Foreclosures Can be More Affordable
- Evaluating Prices
- Lots of Troubles & Risks with Foreclosures & Tax Deed Sales
- How to Find a Good Realtor (usually paid for by the seller, I heard, btw!)
- Another Risk when Buying a House
|Best subscribe and share with others, so the efforts I make can serve enough people. (I lack time for social media) Thanks. 🙂|
Politics & Economics (and how to deal with them)
1. Government Ads: Brainwashing the Public
A humor attempt dealing with our brainwash from the criminal overlords:
Honest Government Ad | Q ~ thejuicemedia (Oct 23, 2020)
2. Current Economy (and Civil War Fear) Summarized
Current problems and worries:
Economic Collapse , Tsunami of Layoffs , Bankruptcies And Business Closures ~ The Nomad Economist (Oct 22, 2020)
3. Being Ethical (Hear, hear, liberals and cons!)
And as Chris Hedges accurately points out at the end of this short clip, cynicism is not enough.
Chris Hedges on The Reason He Lost His Job At The New York Times ~ Julianna Forlano & Chris Hedges (act.tv, Oct 29, 2020)
4. Chris Hedges: The Politics of Cultural Despair
If only someone like him were our president.
Chris Hedges “The Politics of Cultural Despair” ~ mediasanctuary (Oct 18, 2020)
- The corporatist root of the fake-Christian right (like of the Nazis back in former Germany) and the anti-Christ ideology of declaring the poor and abused people failed Christians who allegedly suffer not by violence from above but by lack of religious spirit: https://youtu.be/GxSN4ip_F6M?t=3160
- One quick thought inspired by a segment: Mega Pastors prey rather than pray.
- The need to stand up and the class decidedness of the people: https://youtu.be/GxSN4ip_F6M?t=5680
5. Growing Awareness vs Stubborn Blinders in the U.S.
Jimmy’s Prophecy of TRUMP and OBAMA Comes TRUE! ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Oct 23, 2020)
6. Summary of Media Oligarchy
Capitalism And Monopolies: How Five Companies Control All US Media ~ Second Thought (Aug 28, 2020)
7. Minor Reforms Don’t Make Capitalism Good and Safe
Reforms like the New Deal always get rolled back as long as the corrupt power of hoarded big wealth and large inequality is not removed.
AskProfWolff: A Critique of Robert Reich ~ Democracy At Work (Premiered Oct 9, 2020)
8. The People’s Party Talks Are Much Better than the Twin Party Debates
Forcing change the two criminally comfortable corrupt major parties see no reason to make for us, the suffering people. Understanding that voting outside the twin party tyranny is not wasting one’s vote; voting for the corrupt is. And other insights:
The People’s Party Debate Response #2 – Rose McGowan, Ryan Knight, Amaya Wangeshi, Nick Brana ~ Movement for a People’s Party (Oct 22, 2020)
9. Talk with Rep. of Patriotic Millionaires | Trump’s Coup-Style Law Breaking
Traitors to Their Class ~ Ralph Nader Radio Hour (Oct 31, 2020)
Diff. btwn. basic democracy and a republic democracy well explained in a few words at this spot: https://youtu.be/MAQGWnD0hFE?t=4594
10. Latest National Call of the People’s Party
Not one of the most outstanding ones (kind of diluted, still here it is not to be left out of the weekend compilation for any who want to keep updated on the Political Party’s National Calls… and people have been waiting for Mike Gravel’s showing up). High points: Former senator Mike Gravel – nationally famous for his attempts to end the Vietnam War draft and for putting the Pentagon Papers into the public record in 1971 – showed up at this national call and promoted both this party and his proposal of ground level law making. Also hints about how to start talks with people not yet familiar with the People’s Party.
The People’s Party National Call – 10.29.2020 – With Senator Mike Gravel! ~ Movement for a People’s Party (Oct 29, 2020)
Affordable New Homes & Homesteads, Part 5
Reminder: While this blog mostly deals with societal (political and economic) issues, this series researches what we all can do individually (and in groups) to deal with our housing issues that tend to constrict our lives so much nowadays. While previous segments mostly dealt with more affordable (and even better) construction, the current look goes at wasting less money (that we working people lack) on already built houses. And, yes, listening to real estate profiteers can be painful, but learning their tricks may help you or me getting a reliable or even good roof over our heads.
11. The Process of Foreclosure Sales
Three different places to enter: pre-foreclosure (deal with the foreclosure-threatened person), foreclosure auction at the courthouse, post-foreclosure (e.g.: buying from the bank that wants to get rid of maintenance costs). I couldn’t understand the bit on “Subject-To” (how does the original mortgage person stay stuck in the mortgage when you bought the house from him?). OTOH, the hinted at HUD thing could be interesting (a research key word: “hud homestore”).
Exactly How to Find and Buy Foreclosed Homes in 2020 ~ Ryan Ingram (May 3, 2020)
12. Bank-Owned Foreclosures Can be More Affordable
This money maker is a bit hard to understand. And only some of his tips and insights may help home-seekers. But there are some cost reducing hints: such as cash payments rather than loans and certain “closure” timing.
Tips For Getting Bank Owned Properties Cheap ~ Flipping Mastery TV (Mar 3, 2019)
13. Evaluating Prices
(and remember: when offering cash, or for various other reasons, you can negotiate down prices… best always offer a price below what you feel willing to pay, so that up-negotiation on the other end doesn’t exceed your budget)
How To Find Cheap Houses In Seconds ~ Flipping Mastery TV (Oct 2, 2019)
14. Lots of Troubles & Risks with Foreclosures & Tax Deed Sales
Secrets to Foreclosure Auctions and Tax Deed Sales ~ Phil Pustejovsky (Jun 17, 2016)
15. How to Find a Good Realtor (usually paid for by the seller, I heard, btw!)
How To Choose A Realtor – Hiring A Buyers Agent ~ Lance Mohr (May 4, 2016)
10 Questions to Ask Your Real Estate Agent When Buying a House | Hiring a Realtor Interview ~ Matt Leighton (Nov 16, 2017)
16. Another Risk when Buying a House
Blackmailed by an insurance. (no need to keep listening after that revelation):
5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Buying a House for the First Time ~ MJ Gordon (Apr 20, 2020)
|Stay notified despite social media censorship! Get timely Updates (and spread the word)|
Ending Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to free updates and to share widely critical stuff you encounter here and elsewhere. Also, please lend support if you can. Together we are the change we have been waiting for.