Section 1: Our Troubles and Fighting for Change. Section 2: (Un)Affordable Housing.
Stars and Channels: The Jimmy Dore Show, Motivation Madness, Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work), DW News, Secular Talk, Chris Hedges (BC Student Government), The People’s Party
I. Our Troubles and Fighting for Change
- The Criminal Financial Capitalism Discussed
- Are “Smart” Phones & Social Media Crippling Us?
- COVID-19: Lung Attacks, Brain Attacks, and Different Kinds of Tests
- Spine-Showing Representatives Missing
- How to Deal with Escaping Corporations
- The Mental Disorder of Capitalism Insisting on Homelessness
- A Very Clarifying Discussion with Chris Hedges (esp. about Change)
- People’s Party National Call 2021-03-18 (esp. M4A and building movements)
II. (Un)Affordable Housing
- Real Estate Market Past and Possible Future
- Choosing Between getting a Newly Made Home Modular or Stick-Built
- Lack of Freedom and Ways of Getting Hit
- Avoiding Money Losses (Need for Survey, Placement of Septic Tank, Electricity…)
- How You Can BUY Raw Land And BUILD Your Own House
- 3 FATAL Mistakes when Buying Land
- How A Poor Man Can Buy Cheap Property
- One Way Poor People Can Buy Land With No Saved Money
- Homesteading Tips (Making Money)
- How to Find and Buy a Foreclosed Home
|Best subscribe and share with others, so the efforts I make can serve enough people. (I lack time for social media) Thanks. 🙂|
I. Our Troubles and Fighting for Change
1. The Criminal Financial Capitalism Discussed
… between Max Keiser and Jimmy Dore (but also bitcoin talk that I am much less trusting of):
“Bitcoin To Hit $220,000 This Year” predicts Max Keiser ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Mar 17, 2021)
2. Are “Smart” Phones & Social Media Crippling Us?
Not a perfect but interesting speech (accuracy uncertain, but I myself am no fan of “smart” phones nor all that much of our faulty social media; and I heard of many self harms and even suicides among students based on Internet trolling, and people stuck on their mobiles all day like having their heads tuck in a digital sand — of course I don’t expect employers to help; but if this guy should be correct about millennial employees’ yearning for social interaction, maybe the new worker generation can push for democratically run worker co-ops, thus undermining the neo-feudalism we are currently forced to waste our lives in):
This Is Why You Don’t Succeed | Simon Sinek on The Millennial Generation ~ Motivation Madness (Feb 15, 2021)
A nice comment made by someone: “Using social media too much is really WASTING YOUR OWN LIFE to watch another person’s life!”
3. COVID-19: Lung Attacks, Brain Attacks, and Different Kinds of Tests
A December report from Germany:
How does coronavirus attack your body? | COVID-19 Special ~ DW News (Dec 8, 2020)
4. Spine-Showing Representatives Missing
Kshama Sawant To AOC: Time For ‘Open Combat’ With The Dem Establishment ~ Secular Talk (Mar 16, 2021)
5. How to Deal with Escaping Corporations
My addition: This should not only been done with tax escaping corporations but also proper salary escaping corporations (like those who move their production to cheap labor countries).
AskProfWolff: Corporate Threats to Leave are Empty ~ Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work)
6. The Mental Disorder of Capitalism Insisting on Homelessness
The sorry state of housing in the US – Dr. Fraad & Julianna Forlano ~ Democracy At Work (Mar 19, 2021)
7. A Very Clarifying Discussion with Chris Hedges (esp. about Change)
Really worth listening to, even if one has already listened to him multiple times. Top point: how to fight for change and how not to.
Politics After Trump: A Conversation with Chris Hedges ~ BC Student Government (Mar 12, 2021)
8. People’s Party National Call 2021-03-18 (esp. M4A and building movements)
Pretty good. High point (Phil Ateto & Nick Brana on M4A) at 29:46.
The People’s Party National Call – 3.18.2021 ~ The People’s Party (Mar 19, 2021)
II. (Un)Affordable Housing
Once again, a collection of videos in an attempt to help people who lose their housing or have all their lives long not been able to get decent housing stability, something of growing importance when getting old. Of course, one reason I have been coming up with housing and home building video collections over the last few months is the looming mass eviction crisis thanks to the improper way the pandemic and latest economic crisis have been handled by our government, making them worse rather than better; in fact using the pandemic as an opportunity to steal even more wealth from below to the lords at the top.
9. Real Estate Market Past and Possible Future
*Sigh* If only the rich and wealthy wouldn’t possess so much of our planet that they get to make us pay rent through our nose for the ground we stand on.
The TRUTH About The 2021 Housing Market Crash ~ Minority Mindset (Oct 15, 2020)
10. Choosing Between getting a Newly Made Home Modular or Stick-Built
MODULAR VS STICK BUILT COST … WHY WE CHOSE A MODULAR HOME ~ Christine Michelle (Oct 23, 2018)
An important comment made on Youtube: “Before anything else, please always go to local Dept. of Building & Safety & know the codes, ordinances & setbacks & limitations either prefab modular or stick.” (Added comment by me here: Yes, because we no longer live free lives!)
Note: And again, a reminder: “modular homes” are not mobile homes, with “mobile homes” confusingly being called “manufactured homes”. Again: Modular (Non-Mobile) Homes are not Manufactured (Mobile) Homes.
11. Lack of Freedom and Ways of Getting Hit
… when you dare to (buy or) build a home:
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE BUYING LAND ~ Living Free Forever – Melody & Ric Schafer (Nov 8, 2016)
An important comment made on Youtube: “When going to county and state departments, get a copy of the laws, requirements, etc. Then go home, get yourself a dictionary and look up not only their words/definitions, but definitions of words like easement, distance, etc. Sometimes words we think we know the meaning of mean something quite different in different subjects like real estate and law. Don’t trust anyone’s verbal data. They could be wrong.”
Another comment: “Land that winds up in a “Development” zone or in the path of development can go up in value drastically in a short period of time. Suddenly you find yourself paying HUGE property taxes and zoning ordinances up the wazoo. This country does not really want ordinary folk to own land anymore and they like to punish (spelled Taxes) people for that ambition.”
12. Avoiding Money Losses (Need for Survey, Placement of Septic Tank, Electricity…)
Yes, these people strike me as financially well off and therefore largely ignorant of troubles poor people must fight with, but half way through the video come important clues:
FOUR Expensive Mistakes to AVOID When Buying Land ** for OFF-GRID Living ** ~ One Foot Off the Grid (Aug 26, 2020)
13. How You Can BUY Raw Land And BUILD Your Own House
How to find lands, and the need to find and question the “building department” (of city or county) and (Help!!!) an HOA or Vampire (less horrible than an HOA) that may be there, and issues with physical access (and “legal access”* whatever that is?!?!?), something else I didn’t understand, and public utilities, septic systems, etc… And what on Earth is a “perc test”*? And a county environmental health department must also be questioned. Holy moly! Could this be made any more complex?!? Is there anybody who can help with all this?
How You Can BUY Land And BUILD Your Own House ~ Gokce Capital (Apr 15, 2020)
- Hmpf. A perc test is short slang for a “percolation test”, which is a test to determine the water absorption rate of soil in preparation for the building of a septic drain field or infiltration basin.
- Elsewhere I came across a hint that landlocked properties are properties not accessible by a “public thoroughfare” (which seems to mean public road or path), and that such properties do not have “legal access”. (so, there may be a dirt road leading to it, but that dirt road isn’t public)
14. 3 FATAL Mistakes when Buying Land
3 FATAL Mistakes You are Making in Buying Land That You Need To STOP NOW! ~ Gokce Capital (Apr 12, 2020)
So, important to:
- ensure physical and legal access
- check restrictions (zoning and HOA)
- Check for wetland (generally not allowed to build on them)
15. How A Poor Man Can Buy Cheap Property
How A Poor Man Can Buy Cheap Property (Version A) ~ PINE MEADOWS HOBBY FARM A Frugal Homestead (Oct 12, 2017)
16. One Way Poor People Can Buy Land With No Saved Money
… esp. a homestead (2-3 flat and dry acres of land):
One Way Poor People Can Buy Land With No Money ~ Becky’s Homestead (Jan 10, 2016)
17. Homesteading Tips (Making Money)
Making Money on a Homestead | How a Hobby Farm Can Help Pay For Itself | Roots and Refuge Farm ~ Roots and Refuge Farm (Jul 23, 2018)
18. How to Find and Buy a Foreclosed Home
Lots of finding tips but sadly only a bleak hint at how to evaluate the value:
How to Find and Buy a Foreclosed Home ~ BiggerPockets (Jul 11, 2018)
|Stay notified despite social media censorship! Get timely Updates (and spread the word)|
Ending Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to free updates and to share widely critical stuff you encounter here and elsewhere. Also, please lend support if you can. Together we are the change we have been waiting for.f