Summary: Don’t miss at least the first two of nine excellent interviews and reports. The nine cool shared videos are followed by links to 6 fairly good ones. Plus two article links at the bottom.
Stars & channels: Nina Paley, Second Thought, The People’s Party, Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work), The Jimmy Dore Show, Gabor Maté & Russell Brand, Steven Donziger & Chris Hedges (On Contact), Ron Placone, Abby Martin, Secular Talk, Ralph Nader Radio Hour, The Real News Network, …
- Our World’s Criminal Lords Promoting Themselves
- Let’s Leave Meritocracy Behind
- Unemployment: Capitalism’s Obstacle To Human Lives
- $10 Billions of Our Tax Money Getting Gifted to the Richest Money Lord (Jeff Bezos)
- Israel/Zionism Well Criticized by a Jew
- Corporate Seizure of the American Judiciary
- Alternative Social Media: Open Source User-Focussed Panquake
- People’s Party National call
- Internet Law
- Leftovers (OK videos)
|Best subscribe and share with others, so the efforts I make can serve enough people. (I lack time for social media) Thanks. 🙂|
1. Our World’s Criminal Lords Promoting Themselves (amazing animated song video)
Israel/Palestine taken as the example, but clearly accurate of the entire globe that so desperately needs change away from the ruling evil at the top and stupid acceptance below it. Will you change your mindset away from the acceptance of evil (if you haven’t already) so your life will have had any sense?
This Land Is Mine ~ Nina Paley (Nov 21, 2012)
This land is mine
God gave this land to me
This brave and ancient land To me
And when the morning sun
Reveals her hills and plains
Then I see a land
Where children can run free
So take my hand
And walk this land with me
And walk this lovely land
Though I am just a man
When you are by my side
With the help of God
I know I can be strong
Though I am just a man
When you are by my side
With the help of God I know I can be strong
To make this land our home If I must fight,
I will fight To make this land our own
Until I die, this land is mine
2. Let’s Leave Meritocracy Behind
Well put: “Instead of encouraging winners and losers, why not structure society in such a way that everyone is afforded a decent quality of life, where life itself is not seen as a competition but collaboration?” Exactly my Good Life for All concept.
Is The US Really A Meritocracy? ~ Second Thought (May 28, 2021)
3. Unemployment: Capitalism’s Obstacle To Human Lives
So huge now and during the Infamous Great Depression (when it was addressed unlike now so far).
Ten Years Ago: Unemployment [10th Anniversary of Economic Update with Richard Wolff] ~ Democracy At Work
4. $10 Billions of Our Tax Money Getting Gifted to the Richest Money Lord (Jeff Bezos)
instead of used for our desperate needs. And never forget, while government money is made from thin air, we get taxed afterwards to pull it out of the economy again to restrict inflation.
World’s Richest Man Gets Bail Out From Government ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (May 29, 2021)
5. Israel/Zionism Well Criticized by a Jew
So, the common but silly accusation that anyone criticizing crimes of Israel is an antisemitist would be hard to make here.
Israel / Palestine – This Needs To Be Heard ~ Gabor Maté talking with Russell Brand (May 27, 2021)
6. Corporate Seizure of the American Judiciary
Chevron is running a kangaroo trial felonizing a people- and environment-defending human rights lawyer (a topic well presented here at least twice before, and today via an interview done by Chris Hedges).
Corporate Tyranny & Steven Donziger ~ Chris Hedges On Contact (RT America | May 30, 2021)
7. Alternative Social Media: Open Source User-Focussed Panquake
Not fully understood the descriptions of giving users what they really want (had to listen on the side of work and Australian dialect is often hard for me to understand (and honestly feels to me disrespectful of the human ear)), but interesting hints I caught. Sounding cool: ways of people funding each other on a non-free platform (not free of charges because free of anti-privacy money making) and especially the open source approach at 48:24 intending to keep funded development to be destroyed by greedy corporations or immoral governments. Stated goal: freedom of information
Panquake: A New Kind of Social Media w/Suzie Dawson & Sean O’Brien ~ The People’s Party (May 28, 2021)
8. People’s Party National call
Set to start where it gets properly interesting for the shared collection of top videos, namely the description of a regenerative culture. In case you soon need to skip forward for lack of time, the next point where very cool stuff comes along is at 47:11 (namely now the time to break the corrupt politics).
The People’s Party National Call – 5.27.2021 ~ The People’s Party (May 28, 2021)
9. Internet Law
Some good hints in the direction of new Internet laws giving more trouble when pretending to help. A look into the draconian anti-free-speech, anti small businesses, and anti common folks design of the European Internet law (GDPR) in process since 2018 could really take insights further. Some hints: GDPR does not make governments help against data insecurity, privacy violation and such (say, by building online tools/APIs usable to avoid punishable mistakes like copyright violations, for example). Instead it makes them declare innocent people and organizations guilty for the violations done by others and sets up to instantly hit these well-intentioned Internet content creators with huge penalties (like a minimum of $20 million) for supposed or alleged little mistakes made rather than telling them first what should be changed and only punish them when they don’t react in a timely manner. If in the U.S. we go down that route, many of us working in the online industry will be crushed and ruined for having done nothing bad, just trying to work for a living or share information with our fellow human beings (like you do, for example, when you have social media links on your website). I have tried to contact Ron Placone on this issue from his website conatact form, but weeks later I see no success from it. Pity.
Repealing Section 230 Is NOT The Answer – Time For A Digital Bill Of Rights? ~ Ron Placone (Apr 22, 2021)
#DigitalRights #Section230 #GetYourNewsOnWithRon
10. Leftovers (OK videos)
If you have plenty of time you can also watch or listen to these interview and report videos I did not pick as the very top:
- The Carbohydrate Economy! ~ Ralph Nader Radio Hour (May 29, 2021), set to start actually after the carbohydrate economy conversation (not uninteresting but lengthy and with folks who don’t speak very well), namely when other issues get dealt with: our flawed healthcare system, corporate tax evasions, and creating a proper media system.
- Silly Media & President ~ Biden Threatens To Run Over Reporters For Asking About Israel ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (May 19, 2021)
- Fake Helpful Biden, Fake “Left” Dems, and Prolly Coming Fake-Christian ISIS-Style GOP Candidates ~ Stunner: Biden Retracts EVERY Campaign Promise ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (May 22, 2021)
- Wage Slavery Becoming More Evident ~ Ice Cream Parlor Raises Wage To $15 – Gets 1,000 Applications ~ Secular Talk (May 21, 2021)
- Israels’ Treatment of Demonstrators (mass murder) ~ Abby Martin’s Gut Wrenching Story From ‘Gaza Fights For Freedom’ ~ Abby Martin on Secular Talk (May 21, 2021)
- Moving From a Culture of Indifference to a Culture of Honor ~ Can the Market Save the Planet?/Long Haul Heroes ~ Ralph Nader Radio Hour incl. Pete Davis interview (May 22, 2021). Judgement is what keeps communities going, and – if done right – can have them be healty rather than sick. Set to start where it got a bit worthy to mull over.
- Superficial Reports by MassMedia ~ What corporate media got wrong about this brutal arrest caught on bodycam ~ The Real News Network (May 28, 2021) Note: The event itself was reported here already.
|Some things to read from non-alternative media:|
1.) Covid-19 has cost global workers $3.7tn in lost earnings, says ILO (The Guardian)
2.) The richest 1 percent dodge taxes on more than one-fifth of their income, study shows (Washington Post) Note: I am sure the $175 billion a year tax evasion by the rich is a vast under-estimate.
And don’t forget to regularly look into The Revolution Continues.
|Stay notified despite social media censorship! Get timely Updates (and spread the word)|
Ending Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to free updates and to share widely critical stuff you encounter here and elsewhere. Also, please lend support if you can. Together we are the change we have been waiting for.