Request: Please share with others. I, for example, can no longer share on Facebook, having been locked out of my account.
Summary: Once again a collection of shared good videos found this week on dealing with the flaws of the world we must live in and how to make it better. Main issues: corruption, COVID, schools & prisons, and People’s Party.
Stars & channels: Second Thought, Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work), The Jimmy Dore Show, The Real News Network, A⁺Students Abacus Maths, Steven Donziger & Marianne Williamson, The People’s Party
- “Centrals”/”Moderates” Always Serve the Right Wing
- Long Growing U.S. Homelessness
- Government vs Capitalism in Regard to Homelessness
- Economic Update: Corruption for Profits and Power
- The Establishment Burning Away Free Press
- How Truthful are COVID Death Numbers?
- COVID and Morality
- Cops wanted to arrest one for a red light infraction, but then…
- U.S. Terrible Schools (& Prisons) vs other Countries
- Friendly (Finnish) vs Fiendish (American) Schools
- Steven Donziger Update (The Human Rights Lawyer Chevron-Convicted Returned from the Prison into Home Confinement)
- People’s Party Conversation on Pushing for Single Payer Healthcare
- People’s Party’s End of Year Review 2021
|Best subscribe and share with others, so the efforts I make can serve enough people. (I lack time for social media) Thanks. 🙂|
1. “Centrals”/”Moderates” Always Serve the Right Wing
Not new to me (nor probably you), but perhaps you know someone who should watch this.
How “Moderates” Serve The Right ~ Second Thought (Dec 17, 2021)
2. Long Growing U.S. Homelessness
Ten Years Ago: Homelessness [10th Anniversary of Economic Update with Richard Wolff] ~ Democracy At Work (Dec 17, 2021)
3. Government vs Capitalism in Regard to Homelessness
Set to start where an important point is made.
Ask Prof Wolff: Affordable Housing and Homelessness ~ Democracy At Work (Dec 15, 2021)
4. Economic Update: Corruption for Profits and Power
Science manipulated by rich corporations bribing scientists, drug stores taken away from people to refine corporate profits, the Malcom X assassination (and imprisoning innocent alleged assassins) done to protect our corrupt system, the shrunk estate taxes, and – in the second half – talk about the harm from corporate profit-only-aiming vs more responsible goals in worker co-ops.
Economic Update: Ecology Co-Ops & Profit ~ Democracy At Work (Dec 13, 2021)
5. The Establishment Burning Away Free Press
Again set to start where it hits hard:
MSNBC’s Non-Stop Lying About Julian Assange ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Dec 12, 2021)
6. How Truthful are COVID Death Numbers?
I have long wondered (and surely mentioned) how much total death rates have risen after COVID-19 appeared, since that would give us a clear insight on how much danger this virus adds in our lives. But I have never come across such data. This video at least reveals some hints at improper public records such as marking all deaths as COVID-caused when a COVID infection test had been positive in disregard of what actually caused the death. It also hints at a big inconsistency of recording principles across the globe and even within our nation.
Are COVID Death Rates WILDLY Inflated? ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Dec 13, 2021)
7. COVID and Morality
Creeping COVID Fascism, Warns UK Host ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Dec 13, 2021)
Question: Can it be true that Finnish classes have 20students and three teachers regularly? Probably misunderstood or exaggerated, but smaller classes are likely since large classes always have much trouble unless filled only with eagerly learning and well behaved students.
8. Cops wanted to arrest one for a red light infraction, but then…
… the victim managed to protect himself.
Cops wanted to arrest him for a red light infraction, but they weren’t ready for what happened next ~ The Real News Network (Nov 18, 2021)
9. U.S. Terrible Schools (& Prisons) vs other Countries
Starting where there come some hints.
Teachers HUMILIATED in Cash Grab Stunt ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Dec 14, 2021)
10. Friendly (Finnish) vs Fiendish (American) Schools
Of course, as usual, only looked at how things go for students, not teachers who in the U.S. are always either ignored (when terribly mistreated) or blamed (for everything, so nobody else must be ethical or responsible). Still, a nice short video reminding us how our schools have gone down the drain for our American society:
A Documentary on Finland’s Schools ~ A⁺Students Abacus Maths (Jun 2, 2017)
A comment found on a related video: “As a public school teacher in the USA who had chance to take course on the Finnish Education System during Helsinki Summer School (HSS) at University of Helsinki in 2018, I know Finland does it sooo much better and that EVERYTHING we are doing in American Schools is so very wrong. However, when I tried to share what I learned in Finland, US schools are very closed minded about it all,…”
11. Steven Donziger Update (The Human Rights Lawyer Chevron-Convicted Returned from the Prison into Home Confinement)
Interesting conversation of Marianne Williamson with Steven Donziger about prison, prisoners, bureaucracy, justice, and so on.
Steven Donziger joins Marianne Williamson live after his release from prison to home confinement.- Marianne Williamson (Dec 9, 2021)
12. People’s Party Conversation on Pushing for Single Payer Healthcare
Starting where it gets important. Yes, it is unclear if state-wise attempts can help or conflict with federal Medicare for All. It makes sense to think and talk about it.
People’s Podcast | Red Berets & Whole Washington Chat Medicare for All ~ People’s Podcast | The People’s Party (Dec 11, 2021)
Below this video on YouTube, several negative comments came up (smart and reasonable comments worried about going forward, or snipes from status-quo paid trolls? stuff to think about):
- “The Peoples Party makes YouTube videos about all its platform positions. I love their platform positions, but that is not the same as concentrating on one concise message that resonates with the greatest number of people. Peoples Party members are not giving speeches on college campuses, union halls and to senior citizen organizations to recruit new members. They are making circle jerk/“preaching to the choir” videos on YouTube instead. Until that changes, I cannot take the party seriously and see it as the political party equivalent of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. All sound and fury, signifying nothing. The Peoples Party needs to show that it is serious about recruiting new members or it will be seen as an evil organization that profits by selling false hope. The view count of this video shows that they are not bringing in new members with their approach.”
- “I’m shocked to learn People’s Party isn’t endorsing socialized healthcare. State-based single-payer is the opposite. It’s a neoliberal strategy designed to halt a national health plan. In fact in 2017 Nancy Pelosi instructed party “activists” to stop demanding Medicare for All and fight instead for state policies. They say it’s the Canadian model, province by province. But in Canada in the 60s, ALL healthcare was left up to the provinces, they were building a system of socialized medicine. US healthcare in 2021 is a complex system captured by private corporations.”
13. People’s Party’s End of Year Review 2021
Set to start where it got interesting for me (striking, people movements not only politics, passed lives, and Ralph Nader planning to help the People’s Party rise):
End of Year Review 2021 | People’s Party Action Call | #FreeAssange | #Strikes ~ People’s Podcast | The People’s Party (Dec 15, 2021)
Ending Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to free updates and to share widely critical stuff you encounter here and elsewhere. Also, please lend support if you can. Together we are the change we have been waiting for.
– – –