Request: Please share with others. I, for example, can no longer share on Facebook, having been locked out of my account and search engines like Google hide posts like these.
Summary: Tough week to find good videos. None of the super-good ones found, but after much search some decently good ones.
Stars and channels: Democracy At Work (with Richard Wolff, Harriet Fraad, and Bob Hennelly), MagnatesMedia, The Real News Network (with Nolan Higdon and Mickey Huff), Second Thought, The Jimmy Dore Show, Ralph Nader Radio Hour (with James Kahn, Fred Hyde, and Kip Sullivan), Rumble
- Upsurge in the Labor Movement
- Wealth Levels from Poor to Ultra Rich
- The Artificial Split of the American People
- Accumulated Power (of a few) under Capitalism *
- National Infrastructure Banks
- Falling American Empire
- Our Military Industrial Complex is a Circle of Grift (example: Ukraine) *
- A Reminder of Powerful Small Needles in Parliaments
- How Much Cheaper and Better Universal Healthcare Would Be For Us
- British Doctors Demanding Suspension and Investigation of mRNA COVID Vaccines
|Best subscribe and share with others, so the efforts I make can serve enough people. (I lack time for social media) Thanks. 🙂|
1. Upsurge in the Labor Movement
Democracy At Work finally back in work. 😉 Interesting data again given by Richard Wolff. The potentially good interview of Bob Hennelly in the second half unfortunately not ideally understandable or audible.
Economic Update: Surging US Labor Activism ~ Democracy At Work (with Bob Hennelly, Jan 1, 2023)
2. Wealth Levels from Poor to Ultra Rich
Levels of Wealth: Inside The Secret Lives of The Ultra-Rich ~ MagnatesMedia (May 19, 2021)
3. The Artificial Split of the American People
Some talk about this (esp. from media).
Why Americans can’t debate politics anymore | The Chris Hedges Report ~ The Real News Network (with Nolan Higdon and Mickey Huff, Jan 6, 2023)
Comments from listeners:
- Often it is not until something is broken that we look back and see it’s strengths. There is something to be said for social cohesion, unity and empathy. We were pushed into abandoning all that to replace it with a competitive society. We traded human rights for consumer choice, workers unions replaced by labor hire agencies taking a 50% cut, job security replaced with casualisation of the workforce morphing into a precariat as we all aspire to be Ayn Rand heroic entrepreneurs.
- Reversing the tide of hate and belief in falsehoods. I came across the essay by Howard Zinn called “The Mysticism of the South”. In it he talks about the efforts he and his students took to desegregate Atlanta public libraries during the civil rights movement in the 1960s. The gist of the essay was that, once blacks and whites came into contact with each other (through acts of civil disobedience where by blacks ignored segregation mandates and entered into public places, such as libraries), it was only a matter of time until the Jim Crow segregation system collapsed. The reasoning Zinn observed for this was that the more people interact the more they see each other as what they really are: people!
4. Accumulated Power (of a few) under Capitalism *
… and their unaccountably. Not good enough for us even when little gifts and utterly incomplete solutions given. We need to wake up for mass power and proper advancements.
Why There’s No Such Thing As An Ethical Business Under Capitalism ~ Second Thought (Jan 6, 2023)
Comment from listener:
- A Dutch economist, Paul Schenderling, wrote a book about this. He basically states that the most important thing that needs to change, is the definition of success. Right now, success is synonymous with profit. Selling a lot of products that self-destruct is good for profit, but not for anything else. I’d rather have my washing machine last 25 years than need to replace it every 5 years or so. If the success of a company is defined by the durability of its products, its environmental impact, and the way they treat its personnel, the rules of the game will change and companies need to change along with it.
- Comment from me: This is why over 2 decades ago I developed the idea to arrange tax rates for companies based on their behavior. Lower taxes if good for workers, customers, communities, environment… Higher company taxes otherwise.
5. National Infrastructure Banks
Government-made cheaper loans for infrastructure builds.
Ask Prof Wolff: Why are National Infrastructure Banks Necessary? ~ Democracy At Work (Jan 6, 2023)
6. Falling American Empire
Lost jobs, lost job stability, lost retirements, shrunk and shrinking wages, and failing global empire attempts. Plus our lost trust in our government.
Capitalism Hits Home: Waking Up to the Falling American Empire ~ Democracy At Work (Jan 5, 2023)
7. Our Military Industrial Complex is a Circle of Grift (example: Ukraine) *
- Take from taxpayer.
- Identify profitable fake cause for justice.
- Give the money for the cause.
- Money spent and given to US Corporations.
- Corporations lobby politicians and give them a kick back percentage.
- Go to step 1.
$110 BILLION For Ukraine War Is 100% Corruption ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Jan 3, 2023)
Comments from listeners:
- Don’t forget the 25 billion we spent arming Ukraine between 2014 and 2021.
- This is beyond ridiculous. It’s all about money no matter how many people die.
- The military profit complex is alive and well. To much profiting off of terrible war. People in this country are hurting and homelessness is out of control. Iraq and Afghanistan were catastrophes as well.
- Time to replace the system and finding homes for people who risked their lives for the system that betrayed them.
- Jobs in the military don’t really increase our collective wealth. The products created by the MIC are disposable. Building houses for people increases our collective wealth. We need to understand basic economics to improve our collective lives.
- There will be no justice unless citizens make it happen themselves.
8. A Reminder of Powerful Small Needles in Parliaments
… like the Force the Vote of Medicare for All that Jimmy Dore proposed in December of 2020.
GOP Rebels REFUSE To Crown Kevin McCarthy Speaker! ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Jan 5, 2023)
9. How Much Cheaper and Better Universal Healthcare Would Be For Us
Costs analyzed and effectiveness looked into (like so many of us not covered enough by insurances we waste our money on). And some Americans desperate enough to commit minor crimes to get into jail so they can get healthcare. Knowing about us, much of the world would laugh or weep about us. Also Medicare “Advantage” reported on again, among other things: in our nation 4000 Medicare “Advantage” plans (typically with authorization business blocking what we need) and one traditional Medicare plan (sadly too costly for poor people since not fully tax-financed).
What M4A Saves You! Ralph Nader Radio Hour Ep 450 ~ Ralph Nader Radio Hour (with James Kahn, Fred Hyde, and Kip Sullivan; Dec 31, 2022)
Link given (site of infos): http://healthjusticemonitor.org/
Another link hinted at (with search suggestions rather than the URL unfortunately) may perhaps be this: https://pnhp.org/news/single-payer-household-cost-calculator/
10. British Doctors Demanding Suspension and Investigation of mRNA COVID Vaccines
Lots of problems and malfeasance with the COVID mRNA Vaccines discerned and announced by medical workers.
UK Doctors Call For The Government to Immediately Suspend & Investigate mRNA Covid-19 Vaccines – Rumble (Dec 22, 2022)
The Internet grabbed over by evil lords (but this video isn’t perfect: 2:09 hours long and going back and forth time-wise a lot, some things not well enough explained, and the speaker a little hard to hear (treating speaking a little like singing) – but quite a bit of information). A reminder that in the WWW early years many of us hoped to improve democracy by exchange of informations and ideas. But the money lords and their corrupticians and mafia-like deep state institutions captured government (and politics) instead and built this up to – even more than ever before – spy, propagandize, and control us: How the Internet was Stolen ~ Then & Now (Dec 20, 2022)
|And don’t forget to regularly look into The Revolution Continues for good reads.|
|Stay notified despite social media censorship! Get timely Updates (and spread the word)|
Ending Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to free updates and to share widely critical stuff you encounter here and elsewhere. Also, please lend support if you can. Together we are the change we have been waiting for.