Request: Please share with others. I, for example, can no longer share on Facebook, having been locked out of my account and search engines like Google hide posts like these.
Summary: Numerous national and abroad issues, especially dealing with political and economic (incl. healthcare) corruption and need for change using compassion and resistance.
Stars and channels: CCCSpringfield, Sabby Sabs (with Kshama Sawant), Democracy At Work (Richard Wolff & Miguel Robles-Durán), The Jimmy Dore Show, Democracy Now! (incl. a Bernie Sanders speech segment) , Second Thought (JT Chapman), Sabby Sabs (reporting on Ralph Nader article), Revolutionary Blackout, Chris Hedges Fan Club (Ralph Nader speech segment)
- Anti-Compassion Example in Our Mafia-Like Society & Need for Resistance Communities **
- Beginning Attempt for U.S. Nationwide Grassroots Movement *
- Capitalism’s Immoral Consumption & Slavish Labor Instead of Healthy Society **
- 38% Americans Delay Medical Care Over Costs *
- Some Medical Trouble News on Democracy Now
- Some Hint on Mexico Damage by NAFTA *
- Patriotism Wielded Against Solidarity
- Bribery and Blockage in Congress
- Homelessness Accolade by Capitalism
- Some Hints on Corporate Escape from Lawfulness
- Richard Wolff Asking for Senior Activists
- Hint at the Scam by “Medicare Advantage”
- France: National Strike Against Raise of Retirement Age
- Peru: Mass Protests Against Coup In Peru
|Best subscribe and share with others, so the efforts I make can serve enough people. (I lack time for social media) Thanks. 🙂|
1. Anti-Compassion Example in Our Mafia-Like Society & Need for Resistance Communities **
Warning: The example story at the beginning is tough to hear about. But we ALL need to come to understand how evil our society has become (set up like a Monopoly, Slavery, and Mafia game by the robber barons, now largely working this way automatically). And as this speaker concludes, we MUST understand those patterns and transform them, begin to resist and eliminate this evil.
Claiming Space, Disrupting Structures: Communities of Resistance & Social Determinants of Health ~ CCCSpringfield (Jan 22, 2023)
Note: Tough example and GOOD propositions. If only he (or ANYBODY) could point me at an existing human-life-enabling community or secular monastery (or at least maybe an umbrella co-op) that could let me escape our money aristocracy feudalism. I not only need this help for myself, but I could possibly bring in a big money making project to boost this community (at least if it had other experts like accountant, book-keeper, online-payments-getting expert, registration-expert, lawyer… to do the things I can not do). *sigh* I don’t know where to even begin to search for one (my search so far having found none in past years!).
2. Beginning Attempt for U.S. Nationwide Grassroots Movement *
Important message. Unfortunately not a well run interview IMHO (a bit too lengthy and vague). But, yes Kshama Sawant has been a hopeful champion for us, the people, for many years by now.
Kshama Sawant HUGE Announcement (Interview Clip) ~ Sabby Sabs (Jan 20, 2023)
Given link: https://www.workersstrikeback.org/about
3. Capitalism’s Immoral Consumption & Slavish Labor Instead of Healthy Society **
… with meaningful relationships and worthwhile living. We really need to change our system to return to proper human lives rather than being abused ants. The first half of this video has nothing new, but the second one nicely explains the issue I just mentioned. Hence my video share starting where that starts (at 15:57; now if you would also like to hear some former mentionings (like an incomplete proposition that is often given to people nowadays to give them guilt and distract from deeper trouble causes) then you might want to spool back at least to 11:09):
Economic Update: Economics For A New Year ~ Democracy At Work (Jan 23, 2023)
4. 38% Americans Delay Medical Care Over Costs *
4 Out Of 10 Americans Delaying Medical Care Over Costs ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Jan 22, 2023)
Comments of listeners telling another sad and so American story:
- My sister was a single 35 year old healthy athlete when she left her teaching job to study to become a respiratory therapist. She couldn’t afford COBRA and thought that she could risk paying out of pocket for any medical care that she might need in the 2 years it would take to complete her education. She supported herself by cleaning or painting houses. As she turned 37, nearing the completion of her certification, she began complaining of discomfort in her abdomen and extreme fatigue,. She thought she had a hernia and was self treating because she didn’t want to see a doctor. My parents offered to pay for her care, but she refused. She was hired by a hospital that offered health insurance and immediately went to see a doctor for her pain. By that time she was stage 3 ovarian cancer. The health insurance company tried to deny her healthcare stating that she had to have developed the cancer before her employment, but her doctors fought them stating that no one could ever prove it. She passed away 13 months later. I have pretty much been a single issue voter since then, having voted for Obama twice – for nothing. Then I supported Bernie’s campaign and still here we are empty handed. I have two adult sons who work full time for a major delivery service as “private contractors”, meaning no health insurance. They can only afford the bare minimum ACA policy. They won’t even think about trying to start a family with the cost of healthcare, housing and what it would cost for childcare.
- Condolences to you and your family and thank you for sharing. Your stories illustrate so clearly why we need M4A. The German universal healthcare system saved my nephew’s life twenty years ago when he was a small child. He was in ICU for weeks and the family never received a single bill. If they had lived in the US , it would have bankrupted them, even with private insurance. This is the major reason the family never moved back to the US and never will. I am also a single issue voter on this and am more than tired of politicians’ excuses. The US is so behind other developed countries on so many issues including universal healthcare, medical outcomes, education, workers rights, vacation and sick time, retirement, infrastructure and so much more. The overall quality of life for the vast majority in other industrialized countries is FAR higher than in the US. In the US, too many people have been brain washed to believe that if you are not wealthy and/or do not have health coverage it is because you haven’t worked hard enough. This country is a failed state.
- When you can barely pay for eggs, medicine is a luxury.
- I’m one of those people. I just declared bankruptcy over medical bills and can’t afford the care my doctor recommends and I have insurance.
- I can relate to your video since I just finished radiation treatments and am being pushed toward bankruptcy, and I have insurance? Co-pays alone are killing me faster than the cancer I have.
Note: Lots of other vital comments given there. (alt-click on the video will let you get to the YouTube post of this video where you can read more)
5. Some Medical Trouble News on Democracy Now
“The growing problem of crushing medical debt was raised by Senator Bernie Sanders in a national address Tuesday on the American working class.” — Bernie Sanders there made some good mentions again (on health insurance lack for so many of us, but not the medical system’s corrupted overcharging; and surely as always so far only talking but never walking). Afterwards some more insights given but not well explained for regular people (the money lovers at the top of our inequality pyramid not guessing how little vocabs and details most of the rest of us know about the money mafia we live in). Anyway, possibly interesting for at least some of us.
End Medical Debt: The Fight to Stop Hospitals from Suing Patients, Garnishing Wages, Ruining Credit ~ Democracy Now! (Jan 18, 2023)
6. Some Hint on Mexico Damage by NAFTA *
A reminder what I shared here before: Not only did the U.S. working class loose a lot of jobs (and get other jobs reduced in stability and benefits and incomes), but lots of Mexicans (I think millions, not just thousands as this guy chirps) were driven out of their multi-generational agricultural lives when U.S. corporations bought away their lands (not previously privately owned, I think) and government-finance-assisted agricultural mass production corporation flooded Mexico with cheapened harvests, thus turning the kicked out agricultural folks of Mexico essentially into refugees who could not find enough replacement jobs in Mexico and therefore had to march into the U.S. for cheap agricultural and other jobs. Without NAFTA we would never have gotten this massive immigration that has created an anti-Hispanic racism in the U.S. — This guy reveals some of this from his youth experience in Mexico, adding to information shared here in the past. So, yes, people suffering from our country’s drain and American Dream loss, please don’t blame other victims but the money lord gangsters and our corrupted society culture (given names like capitalism, neoliberalism, fascism, … whatever). We must all learn what is really wrong and how we humans must really live to actually live human lives: loving and caring for all and together being strong to handle our tough world of diseases, aging, crippling, and deaths.
Reading Tijuana: One Manifestation of Capitalism in Urbanization – Cities After… ~ Democracy At Work (Miguel Robles-Durán, Jan 25, 2023)
Comment from a listener:
- A point that never gets addressed is the damage NAFTA has done to the US and Mexico. I remember vividly Ross Perot hammering the point that if NAFTA became law, there would be “a giant sucking sound of jobs down to Mexico”. It’s my theory that NAFTA is one of the key points in history that created the elements giving rise to this bizarre right wing lunacy now seen in the US. Of course, the damage to Mexico is horrific, but the wealth stripped out of the US is visible in thousands of towns around the country, expressed in dead buildings and houses numbering in the millions. Capitalism loves to sing the songs that make people think the freedom to buy useless shit is the purest expression of democracy. NAFTA was a con and now we’re living with the effects foreseen so many decades ago. This system is a perversion. It is an unmitigated moral failure. No great society of people can tolerate prosperity alongside of poverty. Poverty is a moral failing of the society that allows it to happen.
7. Patriotism Wielded Against Solidarity
Not very informative for me, but probably for any folks still stuck in our corrupted nation’s nationalist brainwash.
Why Is American Patriotism So Weird? ~ Second Thought (Jan 27, 2023)
Comments from listeners:
- American patriotism is so odd because it’s often conflated to morality. You’ll often see a bunch of people calling others unpatriotic as if that means they are somehow evil.
- I’m Spanish. In my country some conservatives ask why we cannot be as “patriotic” as the US. My father gave me a great response when I was a kid: because we had a 40 years dictatorship in which the regime sponsored that blind patriotism.
- A lot of people (Mainly Conservatives) I’ve talked to love their blind Patriotism and will overlook, or outright ignore, a lot of systemic problems of this country mainly by saying “America is The Greatest Country on Earth, and if you don’t like it go live somewhere else”. It’s Infuriating that people can be so oblivious.
- I’m in the UK and honestly American patriotism and watching some of them in church scares me. They seem nuts, to someone from the outside it looks like blind devotion and extremism.
- I have not felt patriotic for many years. I don’t even know how to begin to appreciate my nation when I see all the inequity and suffering. I feel so jaded about the whole thing, yet I have still maintain this annoying niggling hope that we can make something beautiful from the shit…
- As a European (UK) American patriotism is seen here as an example of people being brainwashed hypocrites.
- I absolutely love how well you’ve developed your way of delivering info in these short sweet videos. Compared to other channels, you’re as concise and condensed as any sane human being can hope to be while encapsulating these works.
- Before discovering your channel, I used to be a hard patriotic Republican who thought America was #1. I was so naive, thankfully that has change. God bless.
8. Bribery and Blockage in Congress
… and recommendations from some people. Sabby Sabs going over several things: including a Matt Gaetz speech, 4000-pages-long omnibus bills* in Congress that include desirable new rules with terible ones (how to vote then?), and an article from Ralph Nader. Decent video in case you don’t know these things, yet.
* omnibus bills = congress bills overloaded with all sorts of different issues, so if you want to vote for one in them, you can only vote for that collection, no matter how many bad issues it contains that you then also vote for; and when given late (as always) there is not enough time to look through all of them
Ralph Nader ADVICE For The Squad (clip) ~ Sabby Sabs (Jan 9, 2023)
9. Homelessness Accolade by Capitalism
Unfortunately speeches sometimes hard to hear or understand, but good points made at various times: especially realities of homelessness (that we so regularly get dishonestly told about by our money lords and their media knights). Any of us brainwashed by the false claims must indeed learn that homelessness is not very often the outcome of drug abuse or other personal faults. Poverty, even when working jobs, is the most common cause. And, yes, it can even be generations long! Anyway, a well said capitalism comment I liked a lot at 4:59 – the very least thing to hear if short on time. 😉 Besides some data given on homeless people, there also is given at the end of the video a claim that former empires typically were proud to brag about having no homelessness. One can then really wonder about the mindset in our money lords’ empire nowadays.
The BIGGEST Sin of Capitalism ~ Revolutionary Blackout (Jan 19, 2023)
10. Some Hints on Corporate Escape from Lawfulness
… in a segment of a past Ralph Nader speech.
The DISGUSTING SINS of Wall Street… ~ Chris Hedges Fan Club (Jan 19, 2023)
Comment from a listener:
- This man. Repeatedly proven correct over time. What we, as a society, did to him; shunned, smeared and ignored. I bought into it and I am ashamed.
11. Richard Wolff Asking for Senior Activists
(unfortunately he, in his incredible luck of lifelong great salaries and now a great pension, when most of us have been blocked from all of this, overlooks the terror and inescapable poverty many of us old folks now live in) Anyway, the small percentage of actually still retired seniors should definitely join grassroots for needed changes if they are still healthy enough to do this, rather than remaining in the illusion that golden years at old age come to all of us (as also too many younger folks still are deluded to believe).
Ask Prof Wolff: Why Retired Individuals Are Critical For Social Change ~ Democracy At Work (Jan 27, 2023)
12. Hint at the Scam by “Medicare Advantage”
… that is not Medicare but a scammy private insurance’s alternative (left out in this report that they trick seniors in by reduced premiums when Medicare – that should be free of costs – nowadays demands unaffordable premiums too expensive for many of us). Not really new info here, but a little reminder of Medicare “Advantage” being a money theft from us tax payers and seniors by private profit insurances giving promises but actually degrading healthcare and sucking away money into the rich money lord pockets:
Medicare Advantage Is A HUGE SCAM ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Jan 27, 2023)
13. France: National Strike Against Raise of Retirement Age
… even if still way below the way too late U.S. retirement age.
French Unions SHUT DOWN COUNTRY Over Raise In Retirement Age ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Jan 25, 2023)
- GOOD!!!! I’m glad the people of a country actually stood up against their “rulers!”
- I was in Paris 15 years ago on holiday when a protest broke out. 1,000,000 people on the street. The French know how to protest.
- Comment from me: We need to learn doing this, too!
14. Peru: Mass Protests Against Coup In Peru
Mass Protests Against Coup In Peru! ~ The Jimmy Dore Show (Jan 25, 2023)
|And don’t forget to regularly look into The Revolution Continues for good reads.|
|Stay notified despite social media censorship! Get timely Updates (and spread the word)|
Ending Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to free updates and to share widely critical stuff you encounter here and elsewhere. Also, please lend support if you can. Together we are the change we have been waiting for.