22 top videos: Again, if you are too short on time to discover many top level meaningful videos covering critical events, problems, and solutions, here is a weekly share. (main issues: our crumbling American society under an increasingly brutal oligarchy and current fight-back efforts from the bottom):
Stars & channels: Jesse Ventura & Brigida Santos, Jimmy Dore, Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work), The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow, acTVism Munich, Second Thought, Glenn Greenwald (The Intercept), The Intercept, Kyle Kulinski (Secular Talk), Richard Medhurst, The Humanist Report, Nick Brana (Movement for a People’s Party),…
- New Nuclear Arms Race and Earth-Destructive Tests
- Jesse Ventura on American Corruption
- Inequality from Robbery: The Public Forced to Fund the Rich
- America’s Looming Eviction Crisis
- America’s For-Profit Healthcare (Worst Healthcare in the Developed World)
- A Worthwhile Debate to Have
- No American Democracy
- The US-Supported Coup in Bolivia: Revealing and Tragic
- Endless War on America and the Globe
- Death: Michael Brooks Gone and Youngish Men Beginning to Comprehend Mortality
- Medhurst: Stop Idolizing Politicians, Stop Healthcare Profiteering, Crappy Crisis Management…
- Spawning U.S. Dictatorship (Federal Citizen Abduction)
- Humor & Insight: Spot-On Conversation on Our America
- Need to Defend the American Rights and Principles
- People’s Movement & People’s Party
Please subscribe and share with others,
so the efforts I make can serve enough people.
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-07-26 (22 videos)”
Lots of insightful clips on Super Tuesday, rigging of the 2020 D primaries and general election, Bernie (socialist or not?), Biden & Warren (allied?), harmful neoliberal capitalist economy, right-wing bully culture, and more…
Stars & channels: George Monbiot, Chapo Trap House, Robert Wolff (Democracy At Work), Kim Iversen, Amy Goodman (Democracy Now!), Yanis Varoufakis (DiEM25), Lee Camp and Eleanor Goldfield, Nomiki Konst, Ralph Nader, redfish, RT America, Ruptly, Secular Talk, The Hill, Jimmy Dore, Michael Brooks, The Real News Network & Bill Black, The Young Turks, Verso Books, and more…
- Global Neoliberalism vs Democracy and Common Good
- Biden & D Party Corruption
- Bernie & Socialism Tradition
- Medicare for All: More Rather Than Less Jobs
- Social Security: Fake Panic & Bankster Looting Strategy via the GOP
- Right-Wing Boosted Bully Culture
- Economy Destruction by the Cheatful CEOs
- Economic Update: Pensions Fraud, More or Less Government
- The Justice Charade of the Assange Case
- U.S. Election Fraud
- Candidates (Bernie, Biden & Warren)
- DNC: Some DNC Insights (Convention Chaos & Ruling Top)
- D-Party Insider on Bernie vs Biden, Electibility, & the 2020 Election
- Supreme Injustice Court
- World (Chile)
- World: Bolivian Coup
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-03-08 (26 videos)”
An amazing number of brilliant women made fantastic arguments and analyses this week. Don’t miss them nor the also insightful men in these 22 outstanding videos treating what’s wrong and how to make change.
Stars and channels: Krystal Ball, Naomi Klein, Jane Fonda, Jill Stein, Bernie, Richard Wolff, Taya Graham (The Real News Network), John Spritzler, The Rational National, The Michael Brooks Show, Jimmy Dore, Gayle McLaughlin (the California Progressive Alliance), Harriet Fraad, Politics and Prose, Aaron Glantz, Democracy Now!, Ralph Nader, Steven Greenhouse, Nick Hanauer, and more.
- #MfA: Universal Healthcare for Liberty
- Risks for All, Not Just Investors
- Police Crimes: Our Dungeon & Dragon Society
- Let’s Have No Government by and for Criminals
- Bernie (Reviews, Movement, Track Record, Market vs Society)
- Bernie & Tulsi Combo: Might it Landslide the Nation?
- Corporatists and Oligarchs Looking for Another “D” Puppet
- Organizing Outside of Political Parties
- The Source and Success of Racism
- Humor: The ‘Elites’ Crying When We Call Out their Corruption
- The Twin Party Tyranny Blocking Representation of the People
- Panel: Naomi Klein & Jane Fonda – Sunrise, Climate, & Humanity
- Banksters: The Then & Now Real Estate Raid
- Indigenous Dealing with California Wildfires
- Immigration & Border: Many Victims are Native Americans
- American Past, Present, & Future & Comparison w/ Other Nations
- SCOTUS, The Achilles Heal of Democracy
- A 0.1%er Getting Some of the Wrongness
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-10-26 (22 videos)”
In a recent TruthOut article (Many Americans Don’t Know It, but Their Employers Can Censor Their Political Speech) the valid point was made that “we haven’t enacted laws to require employers to respect employees’ freedom of speech and other human rights. Corporate censorship is much more common than most people recognize. Many employers conduct Internet searches of employees and fire anyone who says something that displeases management. Even more common is the practice of Internet searches of job applicants. Millions of people have lost job opportunities – because a prospective employer didn’t like something they did or said – and they don’t even know it.” Continue reading “We Need to Hold Corporations to the Bill of Rights”
A little over a week ago, Trump issued the “Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States” Executive Order, banning nationals from Syria, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, and Libya from entering the United States. Some people think this action necessary to ensure the safety and protection of American citizens, others feel it is discriminatory, unconstitutional, or even counter-productive. Some supporters have been thumping the Constitution and others raising the specter of Islamist terrorism. In part, I can agree (I definitely want us to do more for our safety), but I feel that some people are making this issue too simple for themselves: Continue reading “Trumpling People — Trump’s Ill-Conceived Travel Ban”
The video below presents an encounter featuring an immigrant from Iraq, a Latina wife, their American-born children (O.K., they’re not the same family, but they could be), and many other American-born fellow citizens together comprising our immigrant nation. Those who worry about cultural estrangement should think of how much melting pot aspects of America like Chinese, Japanese, and Mexican restaurants; St. Patrick’s day; German-heritage American beer; English cheddar; Pizza, hot dogs and Hamburgers; jazz; rock; country music; and so many easily overlooked multi-cultural aspects of our language and way of thinking enrich our lives. Maybe if we traveled more outside our borders, able to afford to do so by not stuffing our robber billionaires with out hard-earned dollars anymore, more of us would come to see the often so boring, rigid, and narrow-minded, monotonous, uniform other cultures of non-immigrant countries. Then we might value our melting pot more and be less vulnerable to xenophobia. Well, one can dream…
This scene also reminds us that immigrants are often the staunchest fans and supporters of our country. Usually, they come from places even worse than ours, and America is their beacon of hope which they fiercely defend. By the same token that we need to value and protect America’s newest members, we must never abandon any older groups (like poor, blue-collar white folks who in their desperation voted for Trump’s nativism) or – for that matter – our truly “native” Americans (hint: DAPL).
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Interview Iraqi Man Released from JFK Airport During President Trump’s Muslim Ban Protest”)
As always, please comment below.
Basically, whenever you lump people together on the basis of one shared but very vague characteristic, great injustices and utterly idiotic consequences result from it. I understand the concern about Islamist terrorists — indeed, I share them — but there are smart and dumb ways to handle it. Being born a Muslim, for instance, does not mean being a terrorist any more than being born a Christian means being a Salem witch hunter. People’s merits should never be overlooked. Also, it doesn’t behoove us to forget that we are and always have been an immigrant nation and aspired to be the land of the free. All the more reason to act smart, not dumb.
Here is Cenk Uygur’s spirited rant, well worth watching (although I myself don’t quite agree with his Hillary-Trump comparison; I see them as different on some points, sometimes better sometimes worse, but equally bad on most):
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Federal Court Stops Trump’s Muslim Ban! Gigantic Airport Protests Against Trump!”)
Please comment below to your heart’s content.
“Some of last year’s political fear mongers warned that this or that presidential candidate (usually Trump) would be our first dictator. Since both candidates were so ominous (even despicable) that they possessed a historically-high disapproval rating among the American people, I came to ask myself how close we might actually be to the dark prophecy of impending dictatorship. … When I took a look at Wikipedia’s German definition of dictatorship, it made my skin crawl…”
Read the full article.