Understanding better our unequal society. And coming to realize that we need to create a nurturing environment that meets basic needs for everybody, rather than continuing to support a system that leeches everything away from almost everyone and places all that stolen prosperity into the vaults of a handful of king-like super-rich — plus their rich and upper-“middle-class” guards. A need to build strong, healthy communities as a basement for and part of revolutionary change before the catastrophic point of no return completely ends our future (the latter only a little discussed).
Since this holiday week produced less vital videos than usual, I dove through older ones that draw a comprehensive picture from which to grow our awareness and build plans.
Channels: Moyers & Company, hearus1, PBS NewsHour, Ubiquity, TEDx Talks, Bernie Sanders Campaign, PRIMO NUTMEG, Democracy Now!, CODEPINK, NonCompete, and more.
- Living in our Times (Rich or Struggling) II
- Education: Our Toxic Culture of Education
- Socialism = Common Ownership (& Liberty from Lords)
- Neoliberalism fuels Right-Wing Populism
- Billionaires: Are thieves legitimate “winners”?
- Iran (esp. the Recent U.S. Terror Strike)
- The Past & Future (and What to Do)
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-01-05 (27 videos) – Main Theme: Our Inequality”
Such cool videos picked up this week! These weekly compilations are really worth sharing. So much wrong today. And so much improvement we can make happen. — Unfortunately, the 31 videos I picked out this week are just too many. I have postponed some for next week. Don’t miss them! 😉
Stars & channels: Bernie Sanders, The Humanist Report, John Spritzler, Be Inspired, TeleSUR, The Real News Network, Richard Wolff, Jimmy Dore, The Zero Hour, Michael Brooks, Ralph Nader, The Hill, LastWeekTonight, Democracy Now!, Redacted Tonight, The Hill, ItHadToBeSaid, and more…
- Bernie (The Role in Life, Money out of Politics, MSM)
- Wage Slavery & The High Cost of Bad Leadership
- Our Manufactured E-Lives: Owned by Commercialism & “Smart” Phones
- Our Junk Economy: Wealth Accumulation by Dispossession
- Addressing Disparity with More of the Same
- No Left & Right: The ‘Elites’ Stick Together
- Inequality System (CEO Kings, Global World Oppression)
- Deified Greed
- Trumpoholics (Impeachable Offenses, Can his Impeachment Succeed?)
- Climate Crisis (Humor, Politics, XR Movement)
- World: Revolutionary Haiti, Uprising Ecuador
- Media: Real News Instead of Blabbermouths
- Why Russiahhh?!? (ahead of all other possible smears & excuses)
- Today’s American Depravity
- School as Prison & Boot Camp: Our Manipulation Starts in the Schools
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-10-13 (24 videos)”
Plenty to cry and laugh, celebrate, or be awed. 21 superb videos harvested this week. If you missed them, don’t miss them now. Main themes: climate crisis, communal revolutions, system flaws, the “elite’s” myths, Medicare for All really is #1, divisiveness, rich vs poor, capitalism, and the American egalitarian spirit.
Stars & channels: Greta Thunberg, David Attenborough, Bernie, Richard Wolff, The Humanist Report, AJ+, Peter Coffin, The Grayzone, politizane, Libertarian Socialist Rants, Tovarishch Endymion, John Spritzler, Jimmy Dore, and more.
- The Climate Crisis (Planet Plea, Political Criminals, Greta Thunberg)
- Communal Revolution (Awesome!)
- U.S. Territories
- The System Flaws vs Bootstraps
- Private Insurances in no Way Preferable to Medicare for All
- Economy (Economic Dictatorship, Socially Divisive Markets)
- Media: Parroting Talking Points
- Domestic Terrorism by the National Security State
- Wars to Make the Rich Richer
- Evil “Centrists” vs Medicare (Flagship Biden)
- Capitalism (Wealth Distribution, Work ‘Rewards’, & Odd Ownership)
- The United States of Egalitarians
- Humor (Hillary 2020, ‘No’ Child Left Behind)
1. The Climate Crisis (Planet Plea, Political Criminals, Greta Thunberg)
Plea For The Planet
David Attenborough and Greta Thunberg’s plea for the planet
World Economic Forum
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-09-28 (21 videos)”
I just saw something odd on Twitter (no surprise there, right?), namely the question: How do we change school when lots of people are concerned with protecting their little corner of school?
I suspect that a lot of people (I mean a LOT of people) wisely nod their heads hearing or reading this assumption loaded question, the assumption of course being the one drummed into the public’s mass mind by our media, namely that teachers obstruct change for the better and are the cause for all that’s wrong with our schools.
The question is so upside down, it made my brain flip inside my head.
Continue reading “How do we change school when… Oh them teachers!”