Understanding better our unequal society. And coming to realize that we need to create a nurturing environment that meets basic needs for everybody, rather than continuing to support a system that leeches everything away from almost everyone and places all that stolen prosperity into the vaults of a handful of king-like super-rich — plus their rich and upper-“middle-class” guards. A need to build strong, healthy communities as a basement for and part of revolutionary change before the catastrophic point of no return completely ends our future (the latter only a little discussed).
Since this holiday week produced less vital videos than usual, I dove through older ones that draw a comprehensive picture from which to grow our awareness and build plans.
Channels: Moyers & Company, hearus1, PBS NewsHour, Ubiquity, TEDx Talks, Bernie Sanders Campaign, PRIMO NUTMEG, Democracy Now!, CODEPINK, NonCompete, and more.
- Living in our Times (Rich or Struggling) II
- Education: Our Toxic Culture of Education
- Socialism = Common Ownership (& Liberty from Lords)
- Neoliberalism fuels Right-Wing Populism
- Billionaires: Are thieves legitimate “winners”?
- Iran (esp. the Recent U.S. Terror Strike)
- The Past & Future (and What to Do)
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-01-05 (27 videos) – Main Theme: Our Inequality”
Highlights: An excellent (Hedges & Street) discussion over why we need a true people’s party rather than what we now have, a great video on taxing the rich, a clip about the true reason for the Trump impeachment, revealing issues on candidates (Warren, Tulsi, Yang, Bernie), and, and, and… AND much info on last weekend’s coup in Bolivia plus other world issues.
Stars & Channels: BadEmpanada, Breakfast Club, Chris Hedges (On Contact), Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work), Democracy Now!, goingundergroundRT, Michael Brooks, Press TV, Secular Talk, Stansberry Research, The Grayzone, Krystal Ball (The Hill), Jimmy Dore, The Rational National, and more…
- Why We Need a True Left Rather than the “D”-Party (Hedges & Street) ***
- The “Democratic” Party Against Medicare for All
- Taxing the Rich Properly ***
- The R-Like D-Party Establishment Bailing out The Banks Instead of Us
- SJW Hypocrisy
- Rich Farts Celebrating Digital Technocracy
- Economic Update: Stocks, Yellow Vest Revolution, Medicare for All
- World: Bolivia’s Fascist/Racist/Colonialist Coup
- World: Brazil’s Bernie, France’s Blue Vests, Britain’s Bernie…
- Murderous Socialism and/or Capitalism (Soviet Union, UK, & U.S. Facts)
- Assange: FINALLY an Australian Discussion
- Laws & Police to Harass People
- The True Reason for the Trump Impeachment
- Candidates: Warren (Mask Off), Andrew Yang (Interview), Tulsi (Medicare for All)
- Bernie Reality
1. Why We Need a True Left Rather than the “D”-Party (Hedges & Street) ***
… one that starts organizing from the ground, allying with people in need, boosting them, and growing a political movement from there rather than bickering about a twittering corrupt president in a totally corrupt upper structure that he is a natural product of.
On Contact: Resistance & the Left with Paul Street ~ RT America (On Contact)
Note: This reminds me of what is happening in West Virginia.
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-11-16 (26 videos)”
Another collection of great recent videos best not to miss. JFK’s much forgotten amazing speech on Medicare for All, the ways the oligarchy meddles with our minds, the war on journalism and free speech, the people’s uprising sparked by Bernie Sanders, and more and more and more…
Stars & channels: The Political Vigilante, Bernie, Ilhan Omar, The New School, John Spritzler, Jimmy Dore, Democracy At Work, The Real News Network, The Grayzone, The Zero Hour, Democracy Now!, TEDx Talks, goingundergroundRT, World Affairs, The Humanist Report, The Rational National, The Rational National, and more…
- Amazing Speech: JFK on Medicare for All
- Alleged Personal Failings vs Reality
- 2015 Panel Chris Hedges and Cornel West
- Society for the Rich (Let’s Compete to Death)
- Modernizing Cuban Socialism
- U.S. War on Journalism and Free Speech
- Inequality and the Apparatus of Justification
- Violence by the State on Homeless People
- MSM Blacking out Bernie AGAIN (Over and Over)
- Midwest Voters Snubbed by the ‘Elites’
- Bernie for Farmers
- Bernie & Ilhan Rally High Points (Minnesota)
- Humor: Obama Shames Voters For Criticizing Corrupt Politicians
1. Amazing Speech: JFK on Medicare for All
JFK Explains Why US Needs Med4All In 1962 — The Political Vigilante ~ Graham Elwood
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-11-10 (21 videos)”
Such cool videos picked up this week! These weekly compilations are really worth sharing. So much wrong today. And so much improvement we can make happen. — Unfortunately, the 31 videos I picked out this week are just too many. I have postponed some for next week. Don’t miss them! 😉
Stars & channels: Bernie Sanders, The Humanist Report, John Spritzler, Be Inspired, TeleSUR, The Real News Network, Richard Wolff, Jimmy Dore, The Zero Hour, Michael Brooks, Ralph Nader, The Hill, LastWeekTonight, Democracy Now!, Redacted Tonight, The Hill, ItHadToBeSaid, and more…
- Bernie (The Role in Life, Money out of Politics, MSM)
- Wage Slavery & The High Cost of Bad Leadership
- Our Manufactured E-Lives: Owned by Commercialism & “Smart” Phones
- Our Junk Economy: Wealth Accumulation by Dispossession
- Addressing Disparity with More of the Same
- No Left & Right: The ‘Elites’ Stick Together
- Inequality System (CEO Kings, Global World Oppression)
- Deified Greed
- Trumpoholics (Impeachable Offenses, Can his Impeachment Succeed?)
- Climate Crisis (Humor, Politics, XR Movement)
- World: Revolutionary Haiti, Uprising Ecuador
- Media: Real News Instead of Blabbermouths
- Why Russiahhh?!? (ahead of all other possible smears & excuses)
- Today’s American Depravity
- School as Prison & Boot Camp: Our Manipulation Starts in the Schools
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-10-13 (24 videos)”
Plenty to cry and laugh, celebrate, or be awed. 21 superb videos harvested this week. If you missed them, don’t miss them now. Main themes: climate crisis, communal revolutions, system flaws, the “elite’s” myths, Medicare for All really is #1, divisiveness, rich vs poor, capitalism, and the American egalitarian spirit.
Stars & channels: Greta Thunberg, David Attenborough, Bernie, Richard Wolff, The Humanist Report, AJ+, Peter Coffin, The Grayzone, politizane, Libertarian Socialist Rants, Tovarishch Endymion, John Spritzler, Jimmy Dore, and more.
- The Climate Crisis (Planet Plea, Political Criminals, Greta Thunberg)
- Communal Revolution (Awesome!)
- U.S. Territories
- The System Flaws vs Bootstraps
- Private Insurances in no Way Preferable to Medicare for All
- Economy (Economic Dictatorship, Socially Divisive Markets)
- Media: Parroting Talking Points
- Domestic Terrorism by the National Security State
- Wars to Make the Rich Richer
- Evil “Centrists” vs Medicare (Flagship Biden)
- Capitalism (Wealth Distribution, Work ‘Rewards’, & Odd Ownership)
- The United States of Egalitarians
- Humor (Hillary 2020, ‘No’ Child Left Behind)
1. The Climate Crisis (Planet Plea, Political Criminals, Greta Thunberg)
Plea For The Planet
David Attenborough and Greta Thunberg’s plea for the planet
World Economic Forum
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-09-28 (21 videos)”
Another week’s collection of great videos for political awakening. Loads of info on our rigged democracy and suggestions for a real one. Exposure of the corrupt oligarchy and puppet media. And breaking out of our mental prisons.
Stars and channels: Chris Hedges, Nick Braña, Kim Iversen, Francesca Fiorentini (Newsbroke), Kyle Kulinski (Secular Talk), PDRBoston, The Real News Network, Christo Aivalis, Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work), The Michael Brooks Show, Thought Slime, The Jimmy Dore Show, The School of Life, John Spritzler, and more.
- Movement for a People’s Party (MPP)
- Democracy: Our Fake Democracy from Above, Real Democracy from the Bottom
- Toxic Political Partisanship
- America’s & Israel’s Breeding of Savagery
- Peaceful Revolution: Learning from Scandinavia
- Our Real Problem (Culture/Mentality)
- Economy: Fake Booming Economy & Working Class History, Present, & Future
- Police Corruption: Our Taxes Used to Silence Victims
- Uplifting Bernie Discussion
- The “Liberal” Mind Prison
- Media War on the People (Anti-Medicare & Pro-Trump/Pro-Oligarchy)
- How We Lie to Ourselves (Psychological Insight)
- Egalitarian Movement for Democracy
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-08-24 (20 videos)”
In a recent video, Kim Iversen takes up the simple fact I have been writing about for years that immigrants and migrants without official papers permitting their entry and/or stay in this country can be easily prevented from coming and staying by enforcing the law that forbids employers to employ them. Going beyond my peaceful prevention recommendation, she actually takes it to the next level of making the enforcement more drastic and quick and thorough to solve the undocumented immigrant “problem” (that we DON’T HAVE, it’s a red herring people, a drop in the bucket compared to the problems caused by the plutocracy!). She then gets into some of the ripples of the ripple effect this would have. Interesting to mull over and think beyond to get a better idea of the bigger picture:
How to SOLVE Illegal Immigration
Continue reading “The Insane War on Immigrants”
Certain low wage workers nowadays are labeled illegal and non-human. They are referred to as “illegal aliens”. A label based on them working north of our southern border as opposed to south of it, even though the same business owners either employ them south of it or north of it with the exact same result: that they get the work that makes them richer done by people desperate enough to work for starvation wages under terrible working conditions.
This creates a justified worry among American-born working people that the jobs they need are taken away or hurtfully reduced in wages and benefits, destroying their American Dream. However, the flip in responsibility is brainwashed into their minds by claiming these even more desperate fellow workers from the south TAKE their jobs away, rather than that the business owners (and/or their CEOs) GIVE them away.
Have you ever been able to TAKE a job that wasn’t offered to you? Continue reading “Illegal Aliens! Heeeeeeeelp!”
Words are meant to help humans understand each other and their world. Wrong words can lead to the opposite. Using think-tank-made vocabulary designed to warp reality therefore plays into the hands of the establishment. For example, calling neoliberals a.k.a. corporatists a.k.a. fake-left-rightwingers “centrists” gives them a fake endorsement by being presented as a people’s majority and allegedly being more reasonable than anyone else by being supposedly distant form extremists.
Yet, nothing could be further from the truth when we are talking about a greedy, self-serving minority in cahoots with the robber billionaires who steal the world’s entire wealth from the rest of us and push us into submission. It’s a group of fraudsters hardly different from the neocons that warped the “R” party some time before the neoliberals then warped the “D” party. This party takeover has created the “good cop/bad cop” routine with which American voters have been befuddled in every election ever since. None of these crooks should be painted as “centrists” or allowed by us to present themselves that way.
The same problem can come from one’s own vocabulary mistakes, like when one compares Trump to Obama and describes Obama as nice and Trump as not nice. Continue reading “The Hurtful Use of Wrong Words in Journalism and Public Talk”
Mike Figueredo’s Humanist Report is one of my regular video sources, but being still stuck in continued education courses for resurrecting a former career, I ran out of time putting together yesterday’s Video Weekend compilation. (Another reason was a lot of wasted time searching for reports explaining the British piracy committed on an Iranian super tanker, especially one revealing the truth on the alleged sanction violations (apparently the sanctions used as a justification don’t actually exist).)
Well, Mike put out a whole bunch of videos worth sharing last week (and some the week before). So, here, today comes a catch-up:
1. Switching from Private Insurance to Medicare for All is a Huge Win
You will keep your doctor (if you are currently lucky enough to have coverage of any kind). It’s PRIVATE insurances that take them away from you. Medicare lets you keeo them even if you lose or switch your job or start your own business. (and as an employer you won’t have to wrestle with private insurances to offer employees an acceptable healthcare plan, btw!):
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for The Humanist Report and the title: “Bernie Sanders Gloats After Poll Disproves KEY Health Industry Talking Point”) Continue reading “The Humanist Report”