Consumerism is part of the yoke by which we are controlled, enslaved, and distracted from life’s priorities. We should use our holidays more for spending time with friends and family and less on barreling through stores and heaping giant loads of useless junk on everyone. That’s why I shared a critical consumerism documentary in last week’s Video Weekend.
These days, some right-wing (or deceived “conservative”) triumphalists euphorically deride progressives while mistaking them for “Democratic” Party “liberals.” They concoct outlandish theories like that “progressivism failed the Democratic Party.” Nothing could be further from the truth. Continue reading “The Misplaced Right-Wing Celebrations of the 2016 Election”
- The Commission on Presidential Debates which runs our debates is itself run by the two major parties.
- All other parties and candidates are excluded from the debates. The importance of this cannot be overstated! Jesse Ventura won his race for governor ONLY because he was admitted to its debate. Before that debate he was polling only a few percent. People need to see and hear their candidates!
- The questions are secretly given to the establishment’s candidate beforehand. (at least with Hillary Clinton in 2016 we learned about it)
- This also means, the questions don’t actually come from concerned citizens. They are scripted and staged by the establishment which runs the whole show.
Conclusion: We the people must organize our own debates or hope and go for debates or in depth interviews organized on the side like they eventually were this year (2016) in response to the raised public interest by Democracy Now, RT America, TYT, and PBS’ Tavis Smiley. (these links are pointing to the actual debates and interviews)
(Note: If the video linked to here gets deleted, you may search for its title: “Woman whose question was leaked wants Clinton disqualified”)
One of the best attributes of human beings is they are adaptable. One of the worst attributes of human beings is they are adaptable. They adapt and start to tolerate abuses. They adapt to being involved themselves in abuses.
The whistle blower wrongfully persecuted by U.S. authorities (his family made to suffer for 4 years already) has a lot to tell about political prisoners, Hillary Clinton’s web of corruption, Lybia and Syria, Obama’s bankster connection, Wikileaks, and so on. — Here’s a surprise: He says he actually feels quite sorry for Hillary Clinton.
(Note: In case the video this link points to gets deleted (like others before it), the title to search for is: “Secret World of US Election: Julian Assange talks to John Pilger (FULL INTERVIEW)” (it’s also a “John Pilger Special”))
- On both, the right and the left, most of us want clean and fair elections. Continue reading “Great Interview with Jesse Ventura”
By dismissing and disregarding third party candidates, CNN pushes the narrative that Clinton is the only choice for voters