Words are meant to help humans understand each other and their world. Wrong words can lead to the opposite. Using think-tank-made vocabulary designed to warp reality therefore plays into the hands of the establishment. For example, calling neoliberals a.k.a. corporatists a.k.a. fake-left-rightwingers “centrists” gives them a fake endorsement by being presented as a people’s majority and allegedly being more reasonable than anyone else by being supposedly distant form extremists.
Yet, nothing could be further from the truth when we are talking about a greedy, self-serving minority in cahoots with the robber billionaires who steal the world’s entire wealth from the rest of us and push us into submission. It’s a group of fraudsters hardly different from the neocons that warped the “R” party some time before the neoliberals then warped the “D” party. This party takeover has created the “good cop/bad cop” routine with which American voters have been befuddled in every election ever since. None of these crooks should be painted as “centrists” or allowed by us to present themselves that way.
The same problem can come from one’s own vocabulary mistakes, like when one compares Trump to Obama and describes Obama as nice and Trump as not nice. Continue reading “The Hurtful Use of Wrong Words in Journalism and Public Talk”
Another weekend compilation of special videos and commentary for political and economic awakening that popped up this week. Definitely no focus on party or identity politics. Rather insights in the rigged system we struggle in and why or how we must stand up against it pushing for a good one instead. Stars: Bernie, AOC, Chris Hedges, Richard Wolff, Graham Elwood, Kim Iversen, Jimmy Dore, Lee Camp, Naomi Karavani, Thom Hartmann, Stef Zamorano, Greg Palast, Jesse Ventura, Howie Hawkins, and more.
- War & Profit: The Wreckage of our Billionaire’s War Profiteering
- Brainwash: The Anti-Left “Cultural Marxism” Scaremongering
- Docu (Realism): “»Free«” Trade vs Protectionism
- Party Loyalty Mental Gymnastics
- Bernie on Meet the Press
- The Bernie-Assange Tumble
- Docu: Capitalism – The Winner Take All Society
- Docu: Giving up the Middle Class
- Docu (2016): Even Two-Income “MC” Families Struggle
- Economic Health from Public Spending
- Jesse Ventura agrees with me: Stop Voting R&D
- Trump Derangement Syndrome
- Free or Cheap Service When we Already Have Massive Un-&-Underemployment
- Many Ways of Voter Suppression
- Green Candidate & Discussion Beyond Weak Reform
- Corporate Tax Games (Amazon et al)
- AOC Exposes Our Domestic Terrorism
- U.S. Economy: Not Just the Young & Middle-Aged Get Screwed
- Redacted Tonight (incl. Humor): Elections, 1st Amendment, Arms Deals, Surveillance…
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 2019-06-02 (19 videos)”