This weekend’s informative video compilation provides insights and updates on recent events like Venezuela and Assange plus an unusually high amount of satirical humor plus deep insights into our political parties’ and economic system’s corruption. There is also a great interview with a remarkable candidate.
- Satire: Corporate War on the Media
- Capitalism Crushing Us
- Corrupt Politics: The Criminal ‘Elite’
- The Billionaire Coup in the “Democratic” Party
- Running Progressive Inside the “Dem” Party
- Oligarchy: Savagery For and By the Oligarchy
- Nader: Dweebs vs Public Interest + SocSec, Pensions, & Retirement Funds
- MMT: The National Debt is Voluntary
- MSM = Corrupt Government = Brainwash
- RdctTnt: Dying Press Freedom & A Rising Fight for Election Integrity
- RdctTnt: Humor & Revelations
- Humor: Lee Camp’s Short Funny Clip on Bernie-on-Fox
- World: Venezuela News
- Media War: Assange Update
- Yellow Vests Defending Assange
- Yellow Vests Calling Out Elite Hypocracy re Notre Dame
- NonCompete: Liberty and Economic Justice Go Together
I. Satire: Corporate War on the Media
… as you can see, it’s not only happening in the U.S. (where it has already come close to the end, crushing truth-telling as good as completely):
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for thejuicemedia and the title: “Honest Government Ad | The ABC”)
Note: This reminds me of our own public broadcasting institutions which have been secretly taken over by corporate money due to insufficient public funding, so that even they largely march in step with the big corporate media channels, raining the establishment propaganda on us and avoiding to tell us the truth about the oligarchy’s evil doings. Defend Free Press and whistleblowers (like Manning and Assange) anyone? Anyone in the big media? What’s that I’m hearing? A bird whistling? Wind blowing tumbleweed?
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 05-05-2019 (17 videos)”
As the Tax Day is about to hit us over the head or under the belt line again, it makes sense to give a thought or two about how proper or improper our tax system is.
Clearly, lots of people across the political spectrum hate taxes, or at least their own taxes, or would like others to be taxed more, or – in some cases – gladly pay their taxes as a contribution to the society that grants them a civilized life. (I once belonged to the latter group.)
But how many of us have actually thought this through? What our taxes are for and what they could be used for instead?
Since many of us are busy meeting the deadline, I want to keep this article as short as possible, only throwing out a funny historic remembrance and some food-for-thought seeds for our future. Continue reading “Proper Tax vs. Iɯdɹodǝɹ ┴ɐx”
When the rules of a game are bad, the obvious thing to do is to change the rules. Many people today realize that capitalism is working against them but aren’t sure what to do about it while others are still wavering in doubt. Let’s take a closer look then and discover a simple solution that would leave the markets intact but remove their oligarchs and our systemic corruption, harm, and suffering; healing our economy, democracy, and lives. Continue reading “The Smooth Way Out of Capitalism”
Not to overlook: The commentaries on the video clips are worth reading and discussing.
Note: Please share, so more of us will catch this video compilation that took a lot of time searching and previewing to make — a labor of love so that people strapped for time won’t miss those worthwhile videos. Another reason to share: some folks aren’t good at finding worthwhile videos on the Internet, instead watching silly videos or the establishments’ cable “news”.
List of topics:
- AOC (Money in Politics, Medicare for All)
- Financially Gouged American Lives
- Automation in Capitalism
- Socialism: 21st Century vs the Past
- Oligarchy (esp. the close-knit Global Superclass)
- World: Venezuelan Coup, Yellow Vests, U.S.‘s Al Qaeda, Russiahhhh, Israel
- Net Neutrality Update
- Pseudoscience in Politics (a bit entertaining)
- Abusive Policing from the Top
- The BS of Incremental Politics
- Mental Prostitution: Society & Politics Based on Lies
I. AOC (Money in Politics, Medicare for All)
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) exposes Money in Politics, and the fellows in the bribed system AGREE!
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “AOC Masterfully Breaks Down How Money Affects Politics”)
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 02-10-2019 (17 videos)”
Stars: Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC), Jimmy Dore, Stef Zamorano, Ron Placone, Richard Wolff, Ralph Nader, Shoshana Zuboff, Jayar Jackson, John Iadarola, RJ Eskow, Max Blumenthal, Abby Martin, Mike Prysner, Ryan Cristián (The Last American Vagabond), Vanessa Beeley, Graham Elwood, Sam Seder, and others
- Neat Interview: Jimmy Dore on Bernie Sanders, AOC, Venezuela, Corporate Media
- Brilliant Economic Update Episode: Yellow Vests, Bail-In Warning(!)…
- Surveillance Capitalism
- The Right-Wing Mockery of Poverty
- World: Venezuela, France, Global Oligarchy
- World: Yellow Vests, France’s Tyranny (on-the-ground info)
- Medicare Waterdown Details
- Tax Truth
- Predatory Crony Capitalism: Mortgage Crisis Revisited
I. Neat Interview: Jimmy Dore on Bernie Sanders, AOC, Venezuela, Corporate Media
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for i24NEWS and the title: “Jimmy Dore on Bernie Sanders, AOC, Venezuela, Corporate Media”)
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 02-03-2019 (13 videos)”
While a lot of people focus on the upcoming midterm elections, their candidates, polls, and votes; there is grassroots work to be done going beyond merely voting:
I. End Money in Politics
Represent.Us, the organization which fights money in politics through ballot initiatives all over the country announced two days ago:
|The most impactful thing you can do to fight corruption right now is call voters in South Dakota and give them the facts on Amendment W.
… South Dakota is where voters passed America’s first statewide Anti-Corruption Act, and where politicians overturned the will of the people in a display that outraged the country.
If the lobbyist-funded misinformation campaign succeeds and the Anti-Corruption Amendment loses, politicians everywhere will think they can ignore the will of voters too. …
If passed, Amendment W will:
- Restrict lobbyist gifts to politicians.
- Ban campaign contributions from unions and corporations to candidates and political parties.
- Ban foreign money from South Dakota politics.
- Stop politicians from using public office for personal gain.
- Toughen ethics law enforcement.
- Protect voter-approved laws from legislative meddling.
End Note: They are hosting virtual phone banks every day for the remaining days. You can join calling voters in South Dakota and help win this crucial fight that will set a precedent for the whole country.
II. Rescue Valuable Media
CounterPunch is one of the few remaining truth-telling and establishment-fighting magazines. Since outlets like that can’t survive on advertisement money (read: corporate bribes), it depends on donations.
You can help Ensure CounterPunch Won’t Have to Cut Operations.
“It is, regrettably, no exaggeration to say that we are living in an era of irrationality, deception, confusion, anger, and unfocused fear – an ominous combination, with few precedents. There has never been a time when it was so important to have a voice of sanity, insight, understanding of what is happening in the world. CounterPunch has performed that essential service with unusual success. It is a matter of paramount importance to ensure that it will continue to do so, with even greater resources than before.” – Noam Chomsky
III. Inside-Outside Strategy
Since the takeover of the “Democratic” Party from within seems to be ebbing out, I should take the opportunity to remind everyone of my inside-outside strategy suggestion: make pressure on the establishment both from within the DP and from the outside (nut crackers need to squeeze from two sides!). The outside pressure comes in the form of building a strong new party that truly represents the American People (not the oligarchy), takes no corporate and billionaire’s donations, and has a bottom-up democratic structure, a true grassroots party in other words — one that either forces the “Democratic” Party to reform itself in its image or replaces it when it continues to resist this reform. Setting up a new party takes work, and you can volunteer.
Ending Note: To get the word out despite of Social Media blocking, please widely share links to these posts. You can also help in other ways (including much needed financial support). And please don’t forget to sign up for notifications (you may never again hear of a new article here on any social media platform as their blocking of the people’s voices ratchets up)! Act! Only together can we change this messed-up world!
Stars: Virginia Eubanks, Chris Hedges, RJ Eskow, Alex Lawson, Richard Wolff, Harriet Fraad, Stephanie Kelton, Jimmy Dore, Josh Androsky, Lee Camp et al., Mike Figueredo, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Mark Steiner, D.D. Guttenplan, Thom Hartmann, Jeff Sharlet, and Nick Brana.
- (Un)Fair Society
- U.S. History of Fighting for a Fair Society
- Medicare vs the Robber Billionaires
- Economic Updates
- Money in the Economy Explained (incl. MMT)
- Public Banking for a Better World
- News (Trade Deal, ‘elite’ SCOTUS Picks, Tax Scams, U.S. Syrian Raid)
- Progressives vs SJW Corporatist “Dems”
- Hate-Filled Groups for the Oligarchy
- Evil ‘Elite’ Mindsets
- Movement for a People’s Party
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 10-14-2018 (10 videos + 6 micros)”
An uplifting start into a new week. Find out why we need and can have a powerful new political party to kick the butt of the corrupted old major parties:
- The major parties are fiercely immune to change from within and characterized by anti-democratic internal command structure beholden to Big Money. Challenging newbies are caught in a web of wheeling and dealing.
- It will take the weapon of a new party ready to replace a corrupt old party to overcome the establishment.
- Getting a new party on the ballot in all 50 states is not nearly as hard as we keep getting told. Much easier than taking over a huge money-governed party from within.
- America is more ready than ever for a new party. Almost two out of three Americans are calling for a major new party now.
Listen to what Nick Braña, National Political Outreach Coordinator on Bernie Sanders’ presidential 2016 campaign and one of the founders of Our Revolution, has to reveal about the establishment’s walls and how to break them down:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “3rd Party Formation Very Doable Says Former Bernie Official ”)
What do you think about it? I think: let’s make it happen. And to do this, work on bringing change-desiring people and existing third parties and challenger candidates together, supporting each other, working out a big tent platform of changes we all want. Such a coalition may by itself make change possible and – if things come to a head – give birth to a grand new party, a People’s Party.
Most of the web presence and action seems to be happening on Facebook (a page and numerous groups):
A common question: Why not simply support the Green Party which advocates many or all of the broadly desired changes? Answer: people wanting change are more likely to try a new party than one that has been around but small. It’s the psychology of confidence. Also, the Green Party has suffered a lot of smears and misrepresentations that circulate through people’s heads. Other than that, the Green Party is awesome and well worth voting for at every chance. It would (or will) make a great member in a People’s Coalition.
Ending Note: To get the word out, please widely share links to these posts. You can also help in other ways (including much needed financial support). And don’t forget to sign up for notifications! Together can we change this messed-up world.
As a follow-up to Monday’s sharing of Chris Hedges’s and Richard Wolff’s great recent conversation and yesterday’s sharing of late Ed Schultz’s Swan Song Speech (less far along but perhaps the exactly right stepping stone for some people who have still a little to catch up), here is another speech by Chris Hedges, a short one this time (only 16 minutes!) but still packing a big punch. Enjoy:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for ChrisSmileyMedia and the title: “Chris Hedges Revolutionary Speech”)
Ending Note: To get the word out, please widely share links to these posts. You can also help in other ways (including much needed financial support). Only together can we change this messed-up world. And remember: signing up for notifications is the best way not to miss new articles and shared videos from this corner of awakened independent media.
These days, so-called illegal immigration and mass deportations have been added to the growing hysteria marking the United States of Agony. Emotions are running high for good reason, but logical thinking is getting kicked into the ditch at the same time, as I will point out three paragraphs below. First, though, a look at the pandemonium: Continue reading “The Deportations Are Only for Show — Take a Second to Dig Deeper”