Lots of stuff on political and economic corruption and how to deal with it. Also candidates (slimy B.G. and great B.S.), the messy welfare state, world news, and more. Most of the Iowagate (Iowa Circus etc.) stuff is published in the dedicated preceding article also linked from here.
Stars & Channels: Bernie Sanders, CODEPINK, Double Down News, Harvard for Bernie, JRE Clips, Kim Iversen, Majority Report, On Contact (Chris Hedges & Richard Wolff), Redacted Tonight, Secular Talk, The Grayzone, The Jimmy Dore Show, thejuicemedia, and more…
- Money in Politics Becoming Obscene
- Capitalism: The Planet’s Cancer
- Socialism the Product (or Shadow) of Capitalism
- Odd Event (maybe entertaining?): ‘Bernie Broads’ at Harvard 😉
- How to Clean Up the Messy Welfare State (Audio)
- Free Press & Wikileaks: Is Julian Assange Not a Journalist?
- World News (Venezuela, Bolivia, War on Diplomacy)
- Great Speech on our Corrupt Political System (Kim Iversen)
- Candidates: Butigigigi (a “sweet talker”)
- Bernie (Scared of Bernie, Joe Rogan “Scandal”)
- The Jimmy Dore Show
- Humor (Government Ad: Perfected Mass Surveillance)
1. Money in Politics Becoming Obscene
Billionaires Spend Nearly Half A BILLION In Self Campaign Funding ~ Secular Talk
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-02-09 (19 videos)”
Major focus of this week’s video collection: our system treating us like trash and how a new system could do the opposite. Part of this also: our mentality and culture. Some key issues: capitalism, socialism, Universal Basic DIVIDEND, warmongering & terror state…
Stars & Channels: Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work), Noam Chomsky, Meagan Day & Jimmy Henders, Michael Parenti, The Hill, The Intercept, Michael Brooks, Jimmy Dore, Yanis Varoufakis (DiEM25), NonCompete, and more…
- Our System Treating us Like Trash ***
- The Worst Economy in Our Lifetimes **
- Teacher Strikes = People Strikes (Kept Secret by the MSM)
- Universal Basic DIVIDEND etc.: Insightful Yanis Varoufakis Conversation **
- Historic Insight on Corporatist Fascism
- Capitalism (narratives, fascism, $$wars, motives)
- Noam Chomsky Describing Our Corporatist Manipulation
- Fights to Get Money Out Of Politics
- Socialism: Not Normally Being Linked to Government
- France’s Uprising Against Neoliberalism
- Iran: 1+ Hour of Informed Intellectual Discussion
- U.S. Terrorism
- Mentality: Are We Evil? Can We Change? ***
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-01-19 (16 videos)”
Understanding better our unequal society. And coming to realize that we need to create a nurturing environment that meets basic needs for everybody, rather than continuing to support a system that leeches everything away from almost everyone and places all that stolen prosperity into the vaults of a handful of king-like super-rich — plus their rich and upper-“middle-class” guards. A need to build strong, healthy communities as a basement for and part of revolutionary change before the catastrophic point of no return completely ends our future (the latter only a little discussed).
Since this holiday week produced less vital videos than usual, I dove through older ones that draw a comprehensive picture from which to grow our awareness and build plans.
Channels: Moyers & Company, hearus1, PBS NewsHour, Ubiquity, TEDx Talks, Bernie Sanders Campaign, PRIMO NUTMEG, Democracy Now!, CODEPINK, NonCompete, and more.
- Living in our Times (Rich or Struggling) II
- Education: Our Toxic Culture of Education
- Socialism = Common Ownership (& Liberty from Lords)
- Neoliberalism fuels Right-Wing Populism
- Billionaires: Are thieves legitimate “winners”?
- Iran (esp. the Recent U.S. Terror Strike)
- The Past & Future (and What to Do)
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-01-05 (27 videos) – Main Theme: Our Inequality”
Imagine taking a modern online course to become astute in politics and economics, learning what is wrong with our system and how to fix it. That’s exactly what the Wakeful Video Weekend series amounts to, both new and old episodes. My suggestion: watch or listen, share and discuss. (and maybe even voluntarily donate to Beanstock’s World for all that hard curating work)
Channels: TEDx Talks, The Real News Network, Democracy At Work, The Michael Brooks Show, Rebel HQ, Democracy Now!, The Hill, John Spritzler, The Jimmy Dore Show, Corbett Report, and many more.
- Humor: What Does U.S. #1 Mean?
- Non-Rich Lives: Spending all our Lifetime Not Living! ***
- U.S. Poverty: Both Old & Poor And Mostly Kept Secret
- Sick Society: The Capitalist Disease
- Fascism as Flattery
- Neoliberalism: Neoliberalism in Short
- The Soviet Economy
- Status Quo: Murder by Capitalism & Revolution vs Reformism
- Truth & Lies: Real vs False Flag Whistleblowers
- Elections: The Electoral College Favors Swing States, Not Rural Americans
- Candidates: Bernie, Biden, Warren… True Progressive vs Fakes
- Strategy: Why the D-Party SoSo-Works with Bernie Sanders
- Money in Politics: The R & D Parties’ Race to the Bottom ***
- No Piecemeal But a Big Determined Movement Needed
- U.S.A. is a Paid Servant of Murderous Saudi Regime
- Humor: X-Rated Politics (Jimmy Dore)
- Ancient Wisdom (Fables)
1. Humor: What Does U.S. #1 Mean?
Can America Let Go Of Being Number One?
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-10-06 (22 videos)”
This weekend’s informative video compilation provides insights and updates on recent events like Venezuela and Assange plus an unusually high amount of satirical humor plus deep insights into our political parties’ and economic system’s corruption. There is also a great interview with a remarkable candidate.
- Satire: Corporate War on the Media
- Capitalism Crushing Us
- Corrupt Politics: The Criminal ‘Elite’
- The Billionaire Coup in the “Democratic” Party
- Running Progressive Inside the “Dem” Party
- Oligarchy: Savagery For and By the Oligarchy
- Nader: Dweebs vs Public Interest + SocSec, Pensions, & Retirement Funds
- MMT: The National Debt is Voluntary
- MSM = Corrupt Government = Brainwash
- RdctTnt: Dying Press Freedom & A Rising Fight for Election Integrity
- RdctTnt: Humor & Revelations
- Humor: Lee Camp’s Short Funny Clip on Bernie-on-Fox
- World: Venezuela News
- Media War: Assange Update
- Yellow Vests Defending Assange
- Yellow Vests Calling Out Elite Hypocracy re Notre Dame
- NonCompete: Liberty and Economic Justice Go Together
I. Satire: Corporate War on the Media
… as you can see, it’s not only happening in the U.S. (where it has already come close to the end, crushing truth-telling as good as completely):
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for thejuicemedia and the title: “Honest Government Ad | The ABC”)
Note: This reminds me of our own public broadcasting institutions which have been secretly taken over by corporate money due to insufficient public funding, so that even they largely march in step with the big corporate media channels, raining the establishment propaganda on us and avoiding to tell us the truth about the oligarchy’s evil doings. Defend Free Press and whistleblowers (like Manning and Assange) anyone? Anyone in the big media? What’s that I’m hearing? A bird whistling? Wind blowing tumbleweed?
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 05-05-2019 (17 videos)”
As the Tax Day is about to hit us over the head or under the belt line again, it makes sense to give a thought or two about how proper or improper our tax system is.
Clearly, lots of people across the political spectrum hate taxes, or at least their own taxes, or would like others to be taxed more, or – in some cases – gladly pay their taxes as a contribution to the society that grants them a civilized life. (I once belonged to the latter group.)
But how many of us have actually thought this through? What our taxes are for and what they could be used for instead?
Since many of us are busy meeting the deadline, I want to keep this article as short as possible, only throwing out a funny historic remembrance and some food-for-thought seeds for our future. Continue reading “Proper Tax vs. Iɯdɹodǝɹ ┴ɐx”
When the rules of a game are bad, the obvious thing to do is to change the rules. Many people today realize that capitalism is working against them but aren’t sure what to do about it while others are still wavering in doubt. Let’s take a closer look then and discover a simple solution that would leave the markets intact but remove their oligarchs and our systemic corruption, harm, and suffering; healing our economy, democracy, and lives. Continue reading “The Smooth Way Out of Capitalism”
Not to overlook: The commentaries on the video clips are worth reading and discussing.
Note: Please share, so more of us will catch this video compilation that took a lot of time searching and previewing to make — a labor of love so that people strapped for time won’t miss those worthwhile videos. Another reason to share: some folks aren’t good at finding worthwhile videos on the Internet, instead watching silly videos or the establishments’ cable “news”.
List of topics:
- AOC (Money in Politics, Medicare for All)
- Financially Gouged American Lives
- Automation in Capitalism
- Socialism: 21st Century vs the Past
- Oligarchy (esp. the close-knit Global Superclass)
- World: Venezuelan Coup, Yellow Vests, U.S.‘s Al Qaeda, Russiahhhh, Israel
- Net Neutrality Update
- Pseudoscience in Politics (a bit entertaining)
- Abusive Policing from the Top
- The BS of Incremental Politics
- Mental Prostitution: Society & Politics Based on Lies
I. AOC (Money in Politics, Medicare for All)
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) exposes Money in Politics, and the fellows in the bribed system AGREE!
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “AOC Masterfully Breaks Down How Money Affects Politics”)
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 02-10-2019 (17 videos)”
Stars: Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC), Jimmy Dore, Stef Zamorano, Ron Placone, Richard Wolff, Ralph Nader, Shoshana Zuboff, Jayar Jackson, John Iadarola, RJ Eskow, Max Blumenthal, Abby Martin, Mike Prysner, Ryan Cristián (The Last American Vagabond), Vanessa Beeley, Graham Elwood, Sam Seder, and others
- Neat Interview: Jimmy Dore on Bernie Sanders, AOC, Venezuela, Corporate Media
- Brilliant Economic Update Episode: Yellow Vests, Bail-In Warning(!)…
- Surveillance Capitalism
- The Right-Wing Mockery of Poverty
- World: Venezuela, France, Global Oligarchy
- World: Yellow Vests, France’s Tyranny (on-the-ground info)
- Medicare Waterdown Details
- Tax Truth
- Predatory Crony Capitalism: Mortgage Crisis Revisited
I. Neat Interview: Jimmy Dore on Bernie Sanders, AOC, Venezuela, Corporate Media
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for i24NEWS and the title: “Jimmy Dore on Bernie Sanders, AOC, Venezuela, Corporate Media”)
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 02-03-2019 (13 videos)”
While a lot of people focus on the upcoming midterm elections, their candidates, polls, and votes; there is grassroots work to be done going beyond merely voting:
I. End Money in Politics
Represent.Us, the organization which fights money in politics through ballot initiatives all over the country announced two days ago:
|The most impactful thing you can do to fight corruption right now is call voters in South Dakota and give them the facts on Amendment W.
… South Dakota is where voters passed America’s first statewide Anti-Corruption Act, and where politicians overturned the will of the people in a display that outraged the country.
If the lobbyist-funded misinformation campaign succeeds and the Anti-Corruption Amendment loses, politicians everywhere will think they can ignore the will of voters too. …
If passed, Amendment W will:
- Restrict lobbyist gifts to politicians.
- Ban campaign contributions from unions and corporations to candidates and political parties.
- Ban foreign money from South Dakota politics.
- Stop politicians from using public office for personal gain.
- Toughen ethics law enforcement.
- Protect voter-approved laws from legislative meddling.
End Note: They are hosting virtual phone banks every day for the remaining days. You can join calling voters in South Dakota and help win this crucial fight that will set a precedent for the whole country.
II. Rescue Valuable Media
CounterPunch is one of the few remaining truth-telling and establishment-fighting magazines. Since outlets like that can’t survive on advertisement money (read: corporate bribes), it depends on donations.
You can help Ensure CounterPunch Won’t Have to Cut Operations.
“It is, regrettably, no exaggeration to say that we are living in an era of irrationality, deception, confusion, anger, and unfocused fear – an ominous combination, with few precedents. There has never been a time when it was so important to have a voice of sanity, insight, understanding of what is happening in the world. CounterPunch has performed that essential service with unusual success. It is a matter of paramount importance to ensure that it will continue to do so, with even greater resources than before.” – Noam Chomsky
III. Inside-Outside Strategy
Since the takeover of the “Democratic” Party from within seems to be ebbing out, I should take the opportunity to remind everyone of my inside-outside strategy suggestion: make pressure on the establishment both from within the DP and from the outside (nut crackers need to squeeze from two sides!). The outside pressure comes in the form of building a strong new party that truly represents the American People (not the oligarchy), takes no corporate and billionaire’s donations, and has a bottom-up democratic structure, a true grassroots party in other words — one that either forces the “Democratic” Party to reform itself in its image or replaces it when it continues to resist this reform. Setting up a new party takes work, and you can volunteer.
Ending Note: To get the word out despite of Social Media blocking, please widely share links to these posts. You can also help in other ways (including much needed financial support). And please don’t forget to sign up for notifications (you may never again hear of a new article here on any social media platform as their blocking of the people’s voices ratchets up)! Act! Only together can we change this messed-up world!