Remember that Internet algorithms keep you from coming across good stuff. That’s why I share these links I manage to capture each week. You can get good weekly hints and safe some of your valuable time by subscribing (for free of course) and help others as well by sharing these posts with them. Main issues in this collection: the corona crisis, our corrupted political system, and how to fight for our rights, needs, and necessary change.
Stars and channels: Jimmy Dore, Nick Brana, Chris Hedges, Dylan Ratigan, Danny Haiphong, Richard Wolff, Graham Elwood, NonCompete, Nomiki Konst, The Michael Brooks Show, The Rational National, and more…
- Biden Candidacy Such a Sad Joke
- Bernie Officially Kicked by the “D” Party
- Insufficient Champion
- Bipartisan Betrayal
- Housing Crisis <– Foreclosures & Rent Gouging More Profitable than Mortgage Lending
- Chris Hedges on Journalism, Media, & Party Politics
- Progressive Campaigns Not Yet Clean (& “D” Party Uncleanable)
- Unemployment, Crises, Precarious Lives & Inefficiency from Capitalism
- Opportunity if Jesse Ventura Runs as Candidate
- Bernie’s Shortcomings
- Careerists vs Real Champions
- How to Unite When so Split
- Solidarity over Isms
- Stats & News: The Current Gouging of the American People
- Music: Piel Morena
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-05-03 (17 videos)”
Another week’s collection of great videos for political awakening. Loads of info on our rigged democracy and suggestions for a real one. Exposure of the corrupt oligarchy and puppet media. And breaking out of our mental prisons.
Stars and channels: Chris Hedges, Nick Braña, Kim Iversen, Francesca Fiorentini (Newsbroke), Kyle Kulinski (Secular Talk), PDRBoston, The Real News Network, Christo Aivalis, Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work), The Michael Brooks Show, Thought Slime, The Jimmy Dore Show, The School of Life, John Spritzler, and more.
- Movement for a People’s Party (MPP)
- Democracy: Our Fake Democracy from Above, Real Democracy from the Bottom
- Toxic Political Partisanship
- America’s & Israel’s Breeding of Savagery
- Peaceful Revolution: Learning from Scandinavia
- Our Real Problem (Culture/Mentality)
- Economy: Fake Booming Economy & Working Class History, Present, & Future
- Police Corruption: Our Taxes Used to Silence Victims
- Uplifting Bernie Discussion
- The “Liberal” Mind Prison
- Media War on the People (Anti-Medicare & Pro-Trump/Pro-Oligarchy)
- How We Lie to Ourselves (Psychological Insight)
- Egalitarian Movement for Democracy
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-08-24 (20 videos)”
Many great news and discussions on socialism & liberty, capitalism’s thorough destructiveness, the Green New Deal, Venezuela, how to make democracy work, fraudulent politics, people’s uprisings, climate change, Bernie’s second coming, the screwing of the poor by the rich (even literally!), and insights in party politics.
- Socialism & Liberty
- Astute Richard Wolff Comments (Socialism, Capitalism, Green New Deal, Venezuela)
- Our President of Capitalism
- Green New Deal (and Way More) Totally Affordable
- Making Democracy Work (& Lead not only in Flint!)
- Fake vs Real Representatives
- Economic Update: Global Downward Spiral, People’s Uprisings, & Lee Camp Interview
- World Revolution News
- Candidates vs Truth
- World: Israel
- Death by Capitalism
- Climate Change (evidence & effects)
- Bernie’s Second Coming
- Screwed by the Rich and their Political Puppets
- The Bigger Picture in Party Politics
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 03-03-2019 (25 videos)”
Once again, this weekend can partly be spent watching and discussing enlightening videos instead of grown men chasing silly balls. Stars: Naomi Klein, Jimmy Dore, Thom Hartmann, Richard Wolff, Abby Martin, Jesse Ventura, Brigida Santos, Ron Placone, Lee Camp, and MPP’s Nick Braña. Topics: secrets of a livable life, the money aristocracy & systemic inequality, neoliberalism privatizing away life, social media war, imperial oligarchy, astute system analysis, gig economy, and our oligarchic politics. Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 09-01-2018 (11 videos)”
An uplifting start into a new week. Find out why we need and can have a powerful new political party to kick the butt of the corrupted old major parties:
- The major parties are fiercely immune to change from within and characterized by anti-democratic internal command structure beholden to Big Money. Challenging newbies are caught in a web of wheeling and dealing.
- It will take the weapon of a new party ready to replace a corrupt old party to overcome the establishment.
- Getting a new party on the ballot in all 50 states is not nearly as hard as we keep getting told. Much easier than taking over a huge money-governed party from within.
- America is more ready than ever for a new party. Almost two out of three Americans are calling for a major new party now.
Listen to what Nick Braña, National Political Outreach Coordinator on Bernie Sanders’ presidential 2016 campaign and one of the founders of Our Revolution, has to reveal about the establishment’s walls and how to break them down:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “3rd Party Formation Very Doable Says Former Bernie Official ”)
What do you think about it? I think: let’s make it happen. And to do this, work on bringing change-desiring people and existing third parties and challenger candidates together, supporting each other, working out a big tent platform of changes we all want. Such a coalition may by itself make change possible and – if things come to a head – give birth to a grand new party, a People’s Party.
Most of the web presence and action seems to be happening on Facebook (a page and numerous groups):
A common question: Why not simply support the Green Party which advocates many or all of the broadly desired changes? Answer: people wanting change are more likely to try a new party than one that has been around but small. It’s the psychology of confidence. Also, the Green Party has suffered a lot of smears and misrepresentations that circulate through people’s heads. Other than that, the Green Party is awesome and well worth voting for at every chance. It would (or will) make a great member in a People’s Coalition.
Ending Note: To get the word out, please widely share links to these posts. You can also help in other ways (including much needed financial support). And don’t forget to sign up for notifications! Together can we change this messed-up world.
All meaningful discourse dies when supporters of a politician react with duplicitous smear attacks, egregious insults, and high-handed derision against anyone who suggests that their worshiped candidate may not be the second coming of Christ — worse when they do so without even taking a glance at the facts or the reasoning presented in the critique. Those supporters should take a moment to go deep into themselves and recall the principles of decency and integrity which they presumably were once taught in their childhood. After all, what does it suggest about the integrity of said politician when said politician’s supporters fail to show the slightest decency and integrity themselves? How can you assume the moral high ground when you do not even manage to mind your manners? Continue reading “You Shouldn’t Have Blind Love for a Destructive Person — Not Even in Politics”
CounterPunch Magazine tends to have good articles. The just published Trump’s First Hundred Days of War Crimes is far more worth reading than the title suggests, as it is not yet another insincere resist-Trump-to-distract-us-from-the-source-of-our-problems “news” piece or op-ed. Continue reading “Trump’s First Hundred Days of War Crimes | CounterPunch”
I suspect that, as a thin “black” man, he isn’t very attractive to many. In an age when the rich, sexy, and powerful get the most attention, his skin color or ethnicity probably keep many folks from ever listening to him. Furthermore, his English grammar sometimes slips (unfortunately that’s true for many Americans nowadays). And, yet, I find it shocking that he doesn’t have more viewers on Youtube, because – quite frankly – some of the most brilliant political commentaries I have heard are from this man: Jamarl Thomas. Just as I believe that I should have more readers to spread good sense, he should have more viewers — in spades! Continue reading “A Rarely Heard Brilliant Voice”
There is much hullabaloo about constitutional violations of our newest U.S. president, Trump. Those who are constantly calling for resistance against him overlook that, at least since the G.W.-Cheney regime, all “our” presidents have been violating the U.S. constitution which they were sworn to uphold. The only thing worse is partisan citizens celebrating “their” guy from “their” party for these violations or else looking the other way. This goes for supporters of both gangs… pardon me… “political parties.”
We should hold our presidents and other representatives accountable to us and our constitution, no matter which group of ours they pretend to lean to.
Whenever we succumb to blind loyalty and thereby allow ourselves to be divided against each other, the robber billionaires and their presidents, legislators, and judges screw us out of our lives. They are our true enemies, not Russia, not a single puppet president, but rather the big money wielders behind the scenes who pull all the strings.
The enormous corruption at the top of our country which – as “Money in Politics” – drives all our governmental decisions, not only creates a terribly unjust society which kicks equality and liberty to the curb, but it is like a stake in our hearts when it comes to our ability to rise up and set matters right. It is deeply demoralizing, but we must not let the corruption prevail.
Represent.Us came out with a fitting video about this:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may find it on the Represent.Us site or search the Internet for the title: “Unscripted: This is what corruption really costs us”)
Continue reading “Money in Politics: The Stake in our Hearts”