I can only hope that a growing number of people today refuses to let themselves be played by bullcrap stories in the media and corrupted party politics. It is only the constant blare about Trump and Ukraine – just as idiotic and designed 100% to meddle with people’s minds while distracting them from real issues – that has pushed me to write this little commentary today.
Let me break it down into a few short questions and answers:
Question 1: Why is Trump’s using government money to hurt the reputation of a potential presidential D-Party candidate a minor issue? Answer: Because we have much bigger issues, and – funny enough – even this tiny issue contains a much bigger element of concern within itself: namely the exposed corruption of the Biden family. Is exposing corruption of government officials and their family member allies really an offense when funded with government money? A rather arguable issue, isn’t it?
Question 2: Why don’t I care about impeaching Trump on the Ukraine affair? Answer: (A) Because he has committed much worse – and much less arguable – offenses that he could be impeached on. What’s the last count I heard of them? Seventeen, maybe? (B) Impeaching him successfully would only get us Mike Pence as President, a nightmare creature probably worse than Trump (which may be why Trump picked him). (C) All the Trump-mania (including impeachment drooling) is being used to distract us from our real issues like democracy, healthcare, and lives worth living. (D) The impeachment process, so slyly constructed on such a minor and highly defeatable issue when so many better ones are looming out there, may not only distract us from actually important issues but even be designed to lock up Bernie Sanders in Senate hearings and thus keep him from campaigning, a truly desirable goal by our corrupt ‘elites’ represented by both major parties.
I recommend we focus on our issues of real importance, and once we have created a real democracy, we indite all our living former presidents and other criminal government officials for their crimes. Impeachment is like a peach. Criminals deserve more than a mere peach for punishment.
|BTW, if the theme (picture) used in this QuickyPinion appealed to you, you should visit the latest publication on The Revolution Continues which swarms with outstanding memes you really shouldn’t miss. 😉
Ending Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to free updates and to share widely critical stuff you encounter here and elsewhere. Also, please lend support if you can. Together we are the change we have been waiting for.
Imagine taking a modern online course to become astute in politics and economics, learning what is wrong with our system and how to fix it. That’s exactly what the Wakeful Video Weekend series amounts to, both new and old episodes. My suggestion: watch or listen, share and discuss. (and maybe even voluntarily donate to Beanstock’s World for all that hard curating work)
Channels: TEDx Talks, The Real News Network, Democracy At Work, The Michael Brooks Show, Rebel HQ, Democracy Now!, The Hill, John Spritzler, The Jimmy Dore Show, Corbett Report, and many more.
- Humor: What Does U.S. #1 Mean?
- Non-Rich Lives: Spending all our Lifetime Not Living! ***
- U.S. Poverty: Both Old & Poor And Mostly Kept Secret
- Sick Society: The Capitalist Disease
- Fascism as Flattery
- Neoliberalism: Neoliberalism in Short
- The Soviet Economy
- Status Quo: Murder by Capitalism & Revolution vs Reformism
- Truth & Lies: Real vs False Flag Whistleblowers
- Elections: The Electoral College Favors Swing States, Not Rural Americans
- Candidates: Bernie, Biden, Warren… True Progressive vs Fakes
- Strategy: Why the D-Party SoSo-Works with Bernie Sanders
- Money in Politics: The R & D Parties’ Race to the Bottom ***
- No Piecemeal But a Big Determined Movement Needed
- U.S.A. is a Paid Servant of Murderous Saudi Regime
- Humor: X-Rated Politics (Jimmy Dore)
- Ancient Wisdom (Fables)
1. Humor: What Does U.S. #1 Mean?
Can America Let Go Of Being Number One?
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-10-06 (22 videos)”
Plenty to cry and laugh, celebrate, or be awed. 21 superb videos harvested this week. If you missed them, don’t miss them now. Main themes: climate crisis, communal revolutions, system flaws, the “elite’s” myths, Medicare for All really is #1, divisiveness, rich vs poor, capitalism, and the American egalitarian spirit.
Stars & channels: Greta Thunberg, David Attenborough, Bernie, Richard Wolff, The Humanist Report, AJ+, Peter Coffin, The Grayzone, politizane, Libertarian Socialist Rants, Tovarishch Endymion, John Spritzler, Jimmy Dore, and more.
- The Climate Crisis (Planet Plea, Political Criminals, Greta Thunberg)
- Communal Revolution (Awesome!)
- U.S. Territories
- The System Flaws vs Bootstraps
- Private Insurances in no Way Preferable to Medicare for All
- Economy (Economic Dictatorship, Socially Divisive Markets)
- Media: Parroting Talking Points
- Domestic Terrorism by the National Security State
- Wars to Make the Rich Richer
- Evil “Centrists” vs Medicare (Flagship Biden)
- Capitalism (Wealth Distribution, Work ‘Rewards’, & Odd Ownership)
- The United States of Egalitarians
- Humor (Hillary 2020, ‘No’ Child Left Behind)
1. The Climate Crisis (Planet Plea, Political Criminals, Greta Thunberg)
Plea For The Planet
David Attenborough and Greta Thunberg’s plea for the planet
World Economic Forum
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-09-28 (21 videos)”
Words are meant to help humans understand each other and their world. Wrong words can lead to the opposite. Using think-tank-made vocabulary designed to warp reality therefore plays into the hands of the establishment. For example, calling neoliberals a.k.a. corporatists a.k.a. fake-left-rightwingers “centrists” gives them a fake endorsement by being presented as a people’s majority and allegedly being more reasonable than anyone else by being supposedly distant form extremists.
Yet, nothing could be further from the truth when we are talking about a greedy, self-serving minority in cahoots with the robber billionaires who steal the world’s entire wealth from the rest of us and push us into submission. It’s a group of fraudsters hardly different from the neocons that warped the “R” party some time before the neoliberals then warped the “D” party. This party takeover has created the “good cop/bad cop” routine with which American voters have been befuddled in every election ever since. None of these crooks should be painted as “centrists” or allowed by us to present themselves that way.
The same problem can come from one’s own vocabulary mistakes, like when one compares Trump to Obama and describes Obama as nice and Trump as not nice. Continue reading “The Hurtful Use of Wrong Words in Journalism and Public Talk”
The Dakotas are suffering a negative 50 degrees right now. How did this happen? Well, Russia, of course. Oh, and don’t blame the fires in California on Climate Change! Naturally, they were caused by Russia!
And the refugee caravans from the South didn’t result from U.S. interference in Latin America on behalf of fruit and oil companies to which our politicians are beholden. No, it wasn’t American-sponsored Contra death squads who ruined those countries, financed by CIA drug trafficking and the Iran-Contra arms deals the Reagan administration secretly ran. Nor does it have anything to do with immigrants thrown into brutal American prisons where they could only survive if they ganged up, thus forming MS-13, and when we deported them back to their homelands they brought the brutal gang culture with them upturning the their native countries. No, it was Russia, of course. Same goes for undocumented immigrants seeking jobs wherever they can get them. American employers who illegally employ them have nothing whatsoever to do with undocumented immigration. No, it’s Russia!
Continue reading “Russiahhh Satire (by Rachel Mad)”
Great variety of enlightening videos (some even heart wrenching) on the roots of our problems, solutions, and current fights for change. Topics:
- Overpopulation & Environmental Destruction
- Millennials in Politics
- Abuse breeding in an Abusive Society
- Yellow Vest Updates
- Women in Politics
- All about PayGo
- Taxes for the Rich
- Media War
- Bernie & Kulinski on Trump’s Televised BS
- Immigration: The Fake Crisis
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 01-12-2019 (19 videos)”
This last video weekend compilation of 2018 has some really jaw-dropping stuff like a recovering former capitalist describing the warped mentality that shackles the capitalist class (and the rest of us) and that used to be his mindset until his business dissolved and he became a human being. He describes how our system brings the worst out in people. Another pearl: the flaw in the American spirit. More stuff: the 7th week of the Yellow Vests, and a lot more. Do take a look.
- Capitalism: Confessions of a Recovering Capitalist, etc.
- Socialism: Was Jesus a Socialist?
- Fascism: Racism & Division from the Top
- Economics: The Need for a More Humane Economic System
- World Politics: Venezuela, Yellow Vests
- The American Spirit
- Propaganda: Funny Polling
- 2018 Review
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 12-30-2018 (15 videos)”
Much of this weekend’s video compilation deals with the media’s (incl. social media’s) meddling with our minds and their takeover by the corporate state that consolidates economic and political power in the hands of a few and with how we can and must fight back to free ourselves from this yoke and make good lives possible.
Stars: Chris Hedges, Liza Featherstone, Helen Buyniski, Lee Camp, Carey Wedler, Thom Hartmann, Greg Palast, Ralph Nader, Jimmy Dore, Abby Martin, Richard Wolff, Allan Nairn, Naomi Karavani, John O’Donnell, and the amazing Nick Brana.
- Slavery through PR
- The Great Unlightenment: the New Dark Age
- Voter Blocking
- Corporate Tyranny Explained
- Free Speech & Transparent Government
- Immigrants & Economy
- Integrity against Fascism
- Social Media Coup
- Wikipedia Coup
- Great Hedges & Dore Talk
- Left & Right Rebellion
- The Need for a Revolution
- MPP: The Brewing Revolution
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 10-21-2018 (13 videos)”
This weekend compilation of enlightening videos once again enriches our understanding to survive and change our warped and rigged world:
- Socialist Ideas (Bernie)
- Democracy Without Power Peddlers (Chris Hedges et al.)
- System Critique (Ralph Nader et al.)
- Capitalism/Corp. State (Thom Hartmann, Jimmy Dore, et al.)
- Worker-Squeezing & Corporate Propaganda War (Mike Papantonio)
- Healthcare Issues (Jesse V., Brigida S., Ralph Nader, Rosemary Gibson)
- The R&D-Takedown of a Government for the People (Jimmy Dore et al.)
- Corruption in America (Thom Hartmann)
- Capitalist Culture (Lee Camp et al.)
- Rule Change Attempts (Bernie Sanders)
- Public Brainwash, Censorship, Media War (Abby Martin & Jimmy Dore)
- Dem’s Fake Resistance re Fed. Judges & Kavanaugh (Mike Figueredo)
- Bernie Setting the Bar (Mike Figueredo)
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 09-09-2018 (18 videos)”
In this weekend’s video compilation, Paul Jay, Leo Panitch, Amy Goodman, Thomas Frank, Thom Hartmann, Chris Hedges, Barrett Brown, Stacy Herbert, Max Keiser, Aaron Maté, Stephen Cohen, Richard Wolff, The Rational National, Jimmy Dore and others go into astute System Analysis and discuss topics like Obama & Clinton Crap, the Putin Panic, cruel capitalism, climate change and its denial and anti-science-propaganda, Healthcare for All, the idiocy of the well-to-do, and how we can freak them out (real FUNNY!!!), and the deathblow to investigative journalism. (sorry for the delay, I was sick) Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 08-05-2018 (14 videos)”