Understanding better our unequal society. And coming to realize that we need to create a nurturing environment that meets basic needs for everybody, rather than continuing to support a system that leeches everything away from almost everyone and places all that stolen prosperity into the vaults of a handful of king-like super-rich — plus their rich and upper-“middle-class” guards. A need to build strong, healthy communities as a basement for and part of revolutionary change before the catastrophic point of no return completely ends our future (the latter only a little discussed).
Since this holiday week produced less vital videos than usual, I dove through older ones that draw a comprehensive picture from which to grow our awareness and build plans.
Channels: Moyers & Company, hearus1, PBS NewsHour, Ubiquity, TEDx Talks, Bernie Sanders Campaign, PRIMO NUTMEG, Democracy Now!, CODEPINK, NonCompete, and more.
- Living in our Times (Rich or Struggling) II
- Education: Our Toxic Culture of Education
- Socialism = Common Ownership (& Liberty from Lords)
- Neoliberalism fuels Right-Wing Populism
- Billionaires: Are thieves legitimate “winners”?
- Iran (esp. the Recent U.S. Terror Strike)
- The Past & Future (and What to Do)
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-01-05 (27 videos) – Main Theme: Our Inequality”
Many issues: how to build deep change and regain democracy, anti-corruption efforts, the crumbling mass media, capitalist fundamentalism, corrupticians, awakening evangelicals (imagine that!!!), a presidential candidate promoting human values over profits, T-impeachment BS and weirdness, #M4A, asking if billionaires should exist, what war profiteering does to us, and three funny videos, as well. The biggest topic this time (6 videos) is the kind of living in our times at different levels of our dungheap society.
Stars & Channels: David Hoffman, Democracy At Work, InsideOut TV, Ralph Nader Radio Hour, Secular Talk, The Grayzone, The Hill, Jimmy Dore, Michael Brooks, RJ Eskow, and several more…
- Movements: How to Build Deep Change and Regain Democracy **
- Corruption: Cenk Uygur’s Anti-Corruption Run for Congress
- Media (Shrinking MSM, The Press Killing Itself)
- Capitalism (Capitalist Fundamentalism, Capitalism Pros & Cons & Libertarians)
- Fascism: Irrationalized Loyalists Promising Violence
- Candidates (Gaslight-Corrupticians, Yang for Human Values, Awakening Evangelicals)
- Trump Impeachment (Establishment Tools, Impeachment Weirdness)
- Medicare for All: Making Sense
- Human Purpose: Should Billionaires Exist?
- Empire: Talking to a Vet
- Living in our Times (Rich or Struggling)
- Humor (US Retirement & Bernie, Our Con Congress, Cartoonish Villains in Politics)
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-12-22 (25 videos)”
It’s really cool that more and more women are coming out of their traditional closet to speak up and stand up against the corruption and rot of our system – or are finally paid attention to. And, finally this time, the so often forgotten elderly and their terrible sufferings are revealed. And guess which candidate cares about them?
Stars & Channels: Abby Martin (Empire Files), The Real News Network, The Zero Hour, Bernie, John Spritzler, TeleSUR, JRE Clips, Michael Brooks, Hard Lens Media, Ralph Nader, Jimmy Dore, A Current Affair, PBS NewsHour, VICE News, AJ+, Nina Turner…
- Companies Rule the World
- Neoliberal Fearmongering to Divide Us
- The Old Age Misery in America
- Temp Work Used as a Picket Line against Workers
- Corporate America: Profits over People’s Lives
- How the Rule of Money Miserably Shapes Society
- The Path from Police Brutality to State Terrorism
- Edward Snowden on Mobile Phones Surveillance
- World News: Overlooked Uprisings World-Wide
- All the People(s) are Beginning to Rise Up
- Candidates: Biden, Warren, Trump, Bearnie, $Hillary, Tulsi
- Bernie: End Corporate Greed Press Conference
- Whistleblowers are Heroes, Not Spies | None-of-the-Above Voting
- Despotic Government Bullying True Journalists
- Another Funny Fox Failure: Reaganite to the Left! Panel SCREAMS!
1. Companies Rule the World
… and 80% of TV news stories are manufactured in public relation firms working for governments and the corporations (i.e. the nebulous rich rulers behind these scenes):
Giants: Who Really Rules The World?
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-11-03 (23 videos)”
This weekend’s informative video compilation provides insights and updates on recent events like Venezuela and Assange plus an unusually high amount of satirical humor plus deep insights into our political parties’ and economic system’s corruption. There is also a great interview with a remarkable candidate.
- Satire: Corporate War on the Media
- Capitalism Crushing Us
- Corrupt Politics: The Criminal ‘Elite’
- The Billionaire Coup in the “Democratic” Party
- Running Progressive Inside the “Dem” Party
- Oligarchy: Savagery For and By the Oligarchy
- Nader: Dweebs vs Public Interest + SocSec, Pensions, & Retirement Funds
- MMT: The National Debt is Voluntary
- MSM = Corrupt Government = Brainwash
- RdctTnt: Dying Press Freedom & A Rising Fight for Election Integrity
- RdctTnt: Humor & Revelations
- Humor: Lee Camp’s Short Funny Clip on Bernie-on-Fox
- World: Venezuela News
- Media War: Assange Update
- Yellow Vests Defending Assange
- Yellow Vests Calling Out Elite Hypocracy re Notre Dame
- NonCompete: Liberty and Economic Justice Go Together
I. Satire: Corporate War on the Media
… as you can see, it’s not only happening in the U.S. (where it has already come close to the end, crushing truth-telling as good as completely):
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for thejuicemedia and the title: “Honest Government Ad | The ABC”)
Note: This reminds me of our own public broadcasting institutions which have been secretly taken over by corporate money due to insufficient public funding, so that even they largely march in step with the big corporate media channels, raining the establishment propaganda on us and avoiding to tell us the truth about the oligarchy’s evil doings. Defend Free Press and whistleblowers (like Manning and Assange) anyone? Anyone in the big media? What’s that I’m hearing? A bird whistling? Wind blowing tumbleweed?
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 05-05-2019 (17 videos)”
As you know, there is a debate raging in Washington over the future of Social Security — some lawmakers are calling for strengthening and boosting benefits while others wish to cut and privatize Social Security. (privatize = limit retirement and health care protection to the already well-off but also expose it to heists and losses at Wall Street, if you ask me)
One issue that comes up and is well known is COLA. You can brush up on it in these two articles: Why Your Social Security Check Isn’t Keeping Up With Your Costs, Big gap between Social Security cost-of-living adjustment and retiree inflation
To help its fight for our Social Security, the National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare wants to hear from you what YOU want to happen.
If this is true (and it would fit the pattern), the tone of this article published on Learn Progress is quite appropriate. A word of caution: the news media are very quiet about this, and the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare seems to think the current attacks are still aimed at reviving the evil Trumpcare, not retirement and such. Still, in case this old fav of the Republican Party is coming around again, heere are some excerpts from the article which says that it is: Continue reading “Another Hit Coming? Moves to RAISE Retirement Age & CUT Social Security?”
For those many of us caught in the daily rat races or the lifelong hamster wheel, here is an important reminder we should probably hang over our desks, doors, and mirrors: Living is Life’s Priority
Continue reading “Living is Life’s Priority”