Meaningful videos from this week. Their main themes: the coronavirus-triggered economic crisis (with abuse from the corrupt ‘elites’) and capitalism, how it hurts, and where to move from that. Also, how Europe has handled COVID-19 far less harmfully.
BTW, if you ever wondered why we, the people, should connect differently than only through corporate social media, look at what happened within a minute of me trying to share a previous Video Weekend on Facebook (I originally suspected an anti-democratic algorithm, but it may have been a troll, either way is bad): Public Censorship by Facebook — Also, I am too busy with continued education currently for sharing these posts on social media. So, subscribers please make use of my posts to save your own time searching for informative alternative media publications and also share the videos you find good, or the whole post, with your friends so that the time I spend sharing them here isn’t totally wasted. 😉
Stars and Channels: Movement for a People’s Party (incl. Nick Brana, Jerry Perez, and more), The Jimmy Dore Show, “Useful Idiots” (Rolling Stone), Richard Wolff, The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow, Yanis Varoufakis, The Rational National, and the Ralph Nader Radio Hour.
- European Stable COVID-19 Economic Crisis Treatment
- Even the Fed Chairman Suggests Relief for the People
- People’s Party Update (National Call)
- Seriously Biden?
- The Need for System Change
- Beyond FDR / Capitalism = Anti-Democracy
- Getting Capitalism Out of its Box: UB-Dividend
- A Hacker Fighting our Oligarchy’s Un-Unemployment Slavery
- Capitalist Lords, Wall Street, & Tax Schemes
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-05-24 (9 videos)”
Remember that Internet algorithms keep you from coming across good stuff. That’s why I share these links I manage to capture each week. You can get good weekly hints and safe some of your valuable time by subscribing (for free of course) and help others as well by sharing these posts with them. Main issues in this collection: the corona crisis, our corrupted political system, and how to fight for our rights, needs, and necessary change.
Stars and channels: Jimmy Dore, Nick Brana, Chris Hedges, Dylan Ratigan, Danny Haiphong, Richard Wolff, Graham Elwood, NonCompete, Nomiki Konst, The Michael Brooks Show, The Rational National, and more…
- Biden Candidacy Such a Sad Joke
- Bernie Officially Kicked by the “D” Party
- Insufficient Champion
- Bipartisan Betrayal
- Housing Crisis <– Foreclosures & Rent Gouging More Profitable than Mortgage Lending
- Chris Hedges on Journalism, Media, & Party Politics
- Progressive Campaigns Not Yet Clean (& “D” Party Uncleanable)
- Unemployment, Crises, Precarious Lives & Inefficiency from Capitalism
- Opportunity if Jesse Ventura Runs as Candidate
- Bernie’s Shortcomings
- Careerists vs Real Champions
- How to Unite When so Split
- Solidarity over Isms
- Stats & News: The Current Gouging of the American People
- Music: Piel Morena
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-05-03 (17 videos)”
Understanding better our unequal society. And coming to realize that we need to create a nurturing environment that meets basic needs for everybody, rather than continuing to support a system that leeches everything away from almost everyone and places all that stolen prosperity into the vaults of a handful of king-like super-rich — plus their rich and upper-“middle-class” guards. A need to build strong, healthy communities as a basement for and part of revolutionary change before the catastrophic point of no return completely ends our future (the latter only a little discussed).
Since this holiday week produced less vital videos than usual, I dove through older ones that draw a comprehensive picture from which to grow our awareness and build plans.
Channels: Moyers & Company, hearus1, PBS NewsHour, Ubiquity, TEDx Talks, Bernie Sanders Campaign, PRIMO NUTMEG, Democracy Now!, CODEPINK, NonCompete, and more.
- Living in our Times (Rich or Struggling) II
- Education: Our Toxic Culture of Education
- Socialism = Common Ownership (& Liberty from Lords)
- Neoliberalism fuels Right-Wing Populism
- Billionaires: Are thieves legitimate “winners”?
- Iran (esp. the Recent U.S. Terror Strike)
- The Past & Future (and What to Do)
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-01-05 (27 videos) – Main Theme: Our Inequality”
It’s really cool that more and more women are coming out of their traditional closet to speak up and stand up against the corruption and rot of our system – or are finally paid attention to. And, finally this time, the so often forgotten elderly and their terrible sufferings are revealed. And guess which candidate cares about them?
Stars & Channels: Abby Martin (Empire Files), The Real News Network, The Zero Hour, Bernie, John Spritzler, TeleSUR, JRE Clips, Michael Brooks, Hard Lens Media, Ralph Nader, Jimmy Dore, A Current Affair, PBS NewsHour, VICE News, AJ+, Nina Turner…
- Companies Rule the World
- Neoliberal Fearmongering to Divide Us
- The Old Age Misery in America
- Temp Work Used as a Picket Line against Workers
- Corporate America: Profits over People’s Lives
- How the Rule of Money Miserably Shapes Society
- The Path from Police Brutality to State Terrorism
- Edward Snowden on Mobile Phones Surveillance
- World News: Overlooked Uprisings World-Wide
- All the People(s) are Beginning to Rise Up
- Candidates: Biden, Warren, Trump, Bearnie, $Hillary, Tulsi
- Bernie: End Corporate Greed Press Conference
- Whistleblowers are Heroes, Not Spies | None-of-the-Above Voting
- Despotic Government Bullying True Journalists
- Another Funny Fox Failure: Reaganite to the Left! Panel SCREAMS!
1. Companies Rule the World
… and 80% of TV news stories are manufactured in public relation firms working for governments and the corporations (i.e. the nebulous rich rulers behind these scenes):
Giants: Who Really Rules The World?
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-11-03 (23 videos)”