To make it short but precise and easy to read, I split this article into a sequence of short pieces describing how things work and what happened and how the stock market could be repaired to work for all of us rather than constantly rob most of us:
1. Stock Market
Capitalism was accepted as an improvement from feudalism. Big things would no longer depend on stiff lords born at the top society’s hierarchy but could instead be started by anyone, if it could be financed. However, people born rich might not finance it. Big money lenders might neither. Nor governments if they even had money to spend. Stock markets were invented as a kind of crowd funding in a capitalist market, not as free benign donations but potentially profitable investments by which investors could own a share of the business they co-founded. Theoretically making us all profit earning members of the economy if we could all manage to buy shares. In reality, however, only rich and well off people can, while the rest of us must toil and struggle to survive in underpaid labor, with neither time nor money to dive into the stock market which soon became a kind of casino for the upper class, the shares of companies usually called stocks rather than casino chips.
Continue reading “Quick Sharp Analysis of the GameStop vs Hedge Fund Fight”
Meaningful videos from this week. Their main themes: the coronavirus-triggered economic crisis (with abuse from the corrupt ‘elites’) and capitalism, how it hurts, and where to move from that. Also, how Europe has handled COVID-19 far less harmfully.
BTW, if you ever wondered why we, the people, should connect differently than only through corporate social media, look at what happened within a minute of me trying to share a previous Video Weekend on Facebook (I originally suspected an anti-democratic algorithm, but it may have been a troll, either way is bad): Public Censorship by Facebook — Also, I am too busy with continued education currently for sharing these posts on social media. So, subscribers please make use of my posts to save your own time searching for informative alternative media publications and also share the videos you find good, or the whole post, with your friends so that the time I spend sharing them here isn’t totally wasted. 😉
Stars and Channels: Movement for a People’s Party (incl. Nick Brana, Jerry Perez, and more), The Jimmy Dore Show, “Useful Idiots” (Rolling Stone), Richard Wolff, The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow, Yanis Varoufakis, The Rational National, and the Ralph Nader Radio Hour.
- European Stable COVID-19 Economic Crisis Treatment
- Even the Fed Chairman Suggests Relief for the People
- People’s Party Update (National Call)
- Seriously Biden?
- The Need for System Change
- Beyond FDR / Capitalism = Anti-Democracy
- Getting Capitalism Out of its Box: UB-Dividend
- A Hacker Fighting our Oligarchy’s Un-Unemployment Slavery
- Capitalist Lords, Wall Street, & Tax Schemes
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-05-24 (9 videos)”
Major focus of this week’s video collection: our system treating us like trash and how a new system could do the opposite. Part of this also: our mentality and culture. Some key issues: capitalism, socialism, Universal Basic DIVIDEND, warmongering & terror state…
Stars & Channels: Richard Wolff (Democracy At Work), Noam Chomsky, Meagan Day & Jimmy Henders, Michael Parenti, The Hill, The Intercept, Michael Brooks, Jimmy Dore, Yanis Varoufakis (DiEM25), NonCompete, and more…
- Our System Treating us Like Trash ***
- The Worst Economy in Our Lifetimes **
- Teacher Strikes = People Strikes (Kept Secret by the MSM)
- Universal Basic DIVIDEND etc.: Insightful Yanis Varoufakis Conversation **
- Historic Insight on Corporatist Fascism
- Capitalism (narratives, fascism, $$wars, motives)
- Noam Chomsky Describing Our Corporatist Manipulation
- Fights to Get Money Out Of Politics
- Socialism: Not Normally Being Linked to Government
- France’s Uprising Against Neoliberalism
- Iran: 1+ Hour of Informed Intellectual Discussion
- U.S. Terrorism
- Mentality: Are We Evil? Can We Change? ***
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2020-01-19 (16 videos)”