This weekend’s video collection of political, economic, and societal issues – both problems and their solutions – is mixed with significantly more written commentary than usual, basically merged with an article. The writing is added to tie the clips together and also enhance the understanding they bring. This particular compilation is also dominated by a heavy focus on one big major theme that is growing in popularity and public discourse: the concept of a Universal Basic Income. Here are many of the pros and cons and how a UBI fits into the big picture. Other topics: an ethical society, news on the corporate media, healthcare, Tulsi Gabbard, liberty, whistleblowers (Manning & Assange), top-run dividedness of the people, Venezuela’s economic reality, and a political comedy session.
- UBI: Introduction
- UBI: Active & Passive Incomes, Taxed or Not
- UBI: Just Printing Money for a UBI is not the Correct Way
- UBI: Social Context and Effects of a UBI
- UBI: A panel discussion with further insights
- UBI: Here is another pretty good discussion
- UBI: The UBI-Scam-Worry on the Left
- UBI: Well Made Point Concerning the Ethics in Our Society
- Lee Camp Exposes Our Ayn-Rand-Style Corporate Media
- Healthcare: An American Tourist’s Healthcare Experience in Europe
- Tulsi Opposes Torture and Regime Change Wars
- Where is our Freedom Party?
- Talk: Chelsea Manning, Grand Juries, College, Mega Corporate Non-Free Market
- Our History: The Divided Poor Utilized by the Rich
- World, Corrupticians, & Media: Backstabbing Assange
- World: Venezuela’s Economic Crisis Explained
- Comedy: Jimmy, Graham, Ron, Stef…
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 04-07-2019 (20 videos) — Biggest Topic: UBI”
Once more an enlightening video compilation so we can spend time on our weekend to educate ourselves for desirable change rather than letting ourselves be dumbed down by the corporate media. Enjoy!
- Society: The Crippling Corporate Culture
- Isms: Socialism vs Fascism
- Corruption: Law Run by the Thieves – The ‘Big Four’
- Revolutionary History: What to learn from the Bolsheviks
- Unions: Top Middle-Class Unionizing Against its Decline
- News: U.S. Election Rigging, Venezuela, Yellow Vests, Social Media Censorship
- Media: ‘The Cleaners’ Who Scrub Social Media
- World: U.S. Sabotage of Venezuelan Power Plant?
- Capitalism: Greed Ends the Age of Antibiotics
- Change: Government is a Tool
- Democracy: Our Fraudulent Elections
- A Good Life for All: The Citizen Dividend (a.k.a. UBI)
I. Society: The Crippling Corporate Culture
Here is an old, yet outstanding, speech by Chris Hedges. It’s from April 3, 2013. If you are certain to have heard most of this before and are short on time, you may fast forward to 1:05:32 where his wrap-up starts and hits hard: https://youtu.be/KJ9nvAX-S1g?t=3932 Otherwise, here the clip starts from the beginning:
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Chris Hedges – America from the Outside – How the World sees US – 2013”)
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 03-30-2019 (12 videos)”
Financial security for us “common” people is an extremely important topic. The video shared below touches upon several highlights of this subject, such as the question of affordability and the worrisome band-aid-possibility of a “universal basic income” (short “UBI”, but better called something else like a citizen dividend in order to frame it properly within the big picture). The video explores these points too superficially, though. Therefore I recommend to first listen to the video conversation and then read my comments below (to which you are welcome to respond and add): Continue reading “Financial Security for All via a UBI – Not to be Seen in Isolation”
Another cool video compilation with brief commentaries as usual outlining the clips and digging deeper … and with your option to join the discussion… Shiny main topic: Universal Basic Income (UBI)…
- Universal Basic Income (UBI)
- Defensive Mentality of the Privileged
- Media War: Never Tell the Truth
- Historic Truth vs Socialism-Smearing Myths
- Bernie Interview by TYT
- Bernie fighting for our Social Security…
- News: Amazon Cancels HQ2 Deal With NYC
- World: Yellow Vests Docu & Venezuela News
- Medicare for All
- Conversation: Tim Black & Graham Elwood Discussing Identity Politics
- Election Integrity
- Global Corporatism Destroying U.S. Education & National Cohesion
- Our New Feudalism
- America’s 3rd Gilded Age
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 02-17-2019 (20 videos)”
From the rich, of course, where it currently is going. Such an excessive portion of the money in our economy is currently flowing to the rich that they will be less and less able to extract money from us as we slide so deeply into poverty that we can’t afford their sales of goods and services any more, nor their fines, rents, and interest payments. That situation will then collapse the economy on which these green-blooded money aristocrats ride all their lives. That’s why some of them have woken up to the realization that, in order to protect their privileges, their class of the ultra rich must be forced by governments to let some of this siphoned money flow back to the broad population on whose back they stand and dance. Otherwise, they will sink as well when the floor on which they stand (namely us, we are that floor) sinks into the abyss. Continue reading “UBI – Where Will The Money Come From?”
In a video I will share this weekend, I heard the following phrase: “In the criminal justice system the people are repressed by two separate but equally important important groups: the police who defend private property and the policy makers who criminalize disobedience”. When I heard “the police who defend private property and the policy makers…” my mind spun ahead completing the sentence with “the policy makers who define private property”.
Why did that pop up in my head? Well it is because of the immoral and cruelly corrupt system of human life into which I was born and in which I therefore have had to utterly waste my short time on Earth. It arranges and justifies its inequality and its abuse of people – and even the destruction of our life-supporting environment – on the concept of private property.
And what is that concept of private property? How is it defined for us?
Continue reading “The ‘Private Property’ Demon behind Inequality”
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for BEME News and the title: “Universal basic income: money for nothing”)
Above, Lou Foglia from BEME News gives an overview of the many stances and arguments on a universal basic income (not all of them but a lot), and he ultimately concludes (as do I) that the main reason to have it is to rescue us all from the blood sport that our current economy and job market is, one we never signed up for before we were born into it.
Continue reading “UBI to End our Economic Blood Sport”