This weekend compilation shares videos on a variety of subjects mostly dealing with our systemic corruption, its sad consequences, and the narratives and mindsets that support it:
- System Analysis
- Media (and some fun)
- Candidates Facing Political Corruption
- Political Conversation
I. System Analysis
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “American Empire: An Act of Collective Madness“)
- Tariq Ali: “This total, uncritical acceptance of capital and corporate power is not the way the world is going to move forward. An alternative to that is what needs to be mounted. And, on it’s success or failure will depend the future not just of this country but of the planet.”
- David Korten: “If you look at where we are headed as a nation and as a species, we’re going where nobody in their right mind will want to go. This is a very decisive moment. We have to literally choose our future as a nation and as a species.”
- Tariq Ali: “Who owns this country? Not its people. It is owned, essentially, as is the case elsewhere in the world, by the rich and the very rich — which George W. Bush, when he was president, put in [these] very memorable words: ‘We are on the side of the haves and the have-mores.’” (perhaps he refers to this event)
Edifying lords of corruption such as genocide-scale war profiteers who, on the side, also de facto erased our Bill of Rights:
More on the loss of our morals — we celebrate war criminals instead of prosecuting them:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Bush Era War Criminals Embraced By Establishment Media“)
Money, The New God
The wrong mindset sets us up for hurt, flipping our priorities and supporting economic inequality and widespread corruption.
This documentary makes some very good points but also has passages I don’t approve of, the kinds that divide people over religion. The good points and the news on a whistleblower who was fired, threatened and jailed for exposing the banksters’ money laundering of criminals and other rich goons are definitely well worth watching. Below the clip, I point to various segments in the video that you can skip to:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Money, happiness and eternal life – Greed (director’s cut) | DW Documentary“)
- The real beef starts at 28:07 min into the video.
- 42:02: “We became consumed with consumption.”
- A question asked by a kid: why do people do wrong, or right, knowingly? My answer: various conditions and motives depending on their living circumstances: greed, narcissism, and status-whoring in the case of the rich and well-to-do; despair, resignation, and the next survival move on the list in case of the rest.
When you have to struggle to pay this month’s rent, the global climate shifts a notch down on your list of worries. And when you are a rich lord, seeing yourself as a god and living the life of a demon lord stomping on everyone else, your head is in the clouds because you don’t want to look down on the ones you are stepping on (unless you are a cruel psychopath actually enjoying the blood on your feet).
So, most of us are wearing blinders of some kind, much enabled by our mainstream media and politicians, of course.
- 1:18:13: Wisdom and compassion… how to spread it among the young?
- 1:20:59: Finally someone other than myself addressing the idea of a mortality and a fulfilled, meaningful life.
Ending words: only by melting the ice in the heart of man, man will have a chance to change and start using his knowledge wisely.
III. Media (and some fun)
A little fun with the media (talking about what really matters rather than just chanting gang slogans):
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Kyle Kulinski Of Secular Talk Utterly Baffles Fox News Talking Heads“)
IV. Candidates Facing Political Corruption
When the “Democrats” rig their primaries, running as a Dem is pointless:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Debbie Wasserman Schultz Opponent Tim Canova Dumps Democrats“)
Dirty tricks and mindsets to get and stay rich and shaft the public, gender pay, slave-like over-work, homeless children…:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Socialism Past, Present, and Future“)
VI. Political Conversation
We all need to have political conversations with our fellow Americans to lift our awareness and debunk myths and manipulative narratives and come to fully understand what we need to demand and implement for a better future. These are real conversations about real issues that we must have, not the popularized bleating, barking, and repeating of party slogans and propaganda. If you want a sample, you can be a fly on the wall at this conversation between Jamarl Thomas and Debbie Lusignan (I liked the early part best; later it unraveled a bit):
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Debbie Lusignan, the SaneProgressive, Live! Not To Be Missed!“)
The best part: Get to know the mafia-like powers controlling our government and open up to realism, going beyond partisanship. (this part is to challenge our believes and drive our awakening further; not easy if you haven’t advanced enough, yet; it’s about us needing to deprogram ourselves from the manipulative narratives, sugar-coating, and warped perceptions that have been instilled in us our entire lives):
Here is an example. You get yourself elected, maybe with partially good intentions mixed in with the plan to get rich – say, you wanted to reverse the torture and war terror of the Bush-Cheney regime – but the forces behind the curtain convince you otherwise and you flip:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Famous Victim Of US Torture Speaks Out”)
Ending Note: It takes me at least 100 hours a month to research and write for this site and work on my book. Please widely share links to these articles or help in other ways, so this work is not for naught. Donations are really great, too! Thanks. Only together can we change this messed-up world. 🙂