… and keep pushing Medicare for All!
Remember me calculating very conservatively that by next year alone 13,000 people would die from Trumpcare? Remember me warning you that Trumpcare 2.0 was on the horizon, adding to the above death toll the abolition of the pre-existing conditions protection we have finally enjoyed for the last few years, thereby making us all vulnerable to the heist of paying for insurance all our lives and being barred from receiving healthcare benefits as soon as we really need them?
Well, the move against us is being made now, and here is a petition to voice our protest: Continue reading
Demand Progress has raised the alarm and asks us to fight back: Trump’s gang is about to pull the rug out from under the media war that we, the people, must fight to save our country from the ravages of corporatism. By killing net neutrality, the oligarchy will be able to prevent our access to outlets of real news, sharp analyses, true narratives, and bold visions we can fight for, outlets like the one you are reading in right now. Continue reading
To answer this question, two contributing questions must be answered: Is a new party necessary, and is it possible? These answers are straightforward:
- Most of us will agree that change is necessary. So, if the political monopoly formed by our twin party tyranny is beyond reform, then a new party is necessary.
- New parties started from scratch have never yet grown powerful after the first parties in our nation formed and thereafter blocked all new ones; but new parties arising from the break-up of failing major parties have succeeded! So, at least when this condition is met, it actually is possible.
So, how does the land currently lay? Continue reading
Once the “Democratic Party” gave us the New Deal which vastly improved American lives by giving us a social safety net, the kind of mutual help system that rescues those who weren’t lucky enough to be born rich, weren’t lucky or ruthless enough to get rich in life, and who are not blessed with a caring and sufficiently prosperous family that can help during hard times or in old age. It is a brilliant invention — basically a modern re-invention of the tribal practice of our ancestors, when sharing and helping one another was normal and kept our species alive. Continue reading
I have written about the exciting Draft Bernie for a People’s Party movement before, a slick approach to use Bernie Sanders’ enormous political capital to catalyze the creation of a new major party the same way our current major parties were created from the ashes of former major parties which had betrayed their constituencies. Here is an interesting and very recent interview. It may seem long, but I couldn’t stop listening:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Nick Brana joins Real Progressives: the REAL purpose of Draft Bernie for a People’s Party”)
U.S. policy in the Middle East since the 1950s:
- Who isn’t for us is against us.
- Oil, oil, oil.
- Lies, lies, lies. (remember Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction, for example?)
- War mongering for war profiteering and for painting our worst politicians as heroes.
- Different parts of the government pursue different goals, even supporting foreign groups which fight EACH OTHER.
- We created Al-Qaeda.
- We created ISIS.
- Islamist terrorism as a whole is mostly our creation.
- War, war, war, terrorism, deaths and refugees galore.
- A huge portion of the weapons (even chemical ones) are supplied by us.
All this in a region which is a powder keg because Islam has never undergone a modernizing reform (only the reverse: fundamentalist turn-back-the-clock reforms) and therefore is steeped in medieval mentality with all its superstition and barbarity.
Bravo! (←sarcasm) Continue reading
Some quotes and videos are well worth revisiting from time to time. Here is one of them:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “George Carlin Said It ALL In 3 Minutes!”)