AOC’s Bernie endorsement and Bernie’s fantastic “Back” rally in New York after he is back out of the hospital:
I. AOC’s Bernie Endorsement
This is about a guaranteed advanced standard of living in the United States (the richest nation in hisory) with no ifs no no buts. Power to the people, and a Good Life for All:
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Endorses Bernie For President
Additional note: When we mention a people’s revolution, we should realize that this is simply a continuation of our famous 18th century American Revolution where the people shared these aims promoted again today but wealthy creeps subverted the outcome into the mess we are in today.
I hear the echo from the hopeful past: All people are created equal and endowed with unalienable rights – among these life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And the role of government by the consent of the governed is to reflect and protect these and other rights and promote the general welfare (a.k.a. a Good Life for All). Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-10-19, Part B (3 videos)”
The following broadcast deeply struck a chord within me even though I have not been sexually assaulted (besides a failed attempt long ago, that is). Looking at the connection, I found that my existential assaults by soulless jerks ruining my original life’s career and later every new career and job, time and time again… led to the same feelings of grief and low self-esteem and constant fear, the being shrunk and driven into shame and made afraid to exist.
And when my appeals against profession denial based on declaring my education and job qualification invalid for totally unjustified and totally absurd and paradoxical reasons (rewriting history turning my outstanding study accomplishments into trash) were contemptuously dismissed, it gave me the same humiliation of standing up for receiving justice and getting virtually slapped into the face for it, assigning to me the guilt of others who had ruined my life. It makes me think that in today’s precarious life lived by so many of us, these kinds of results are suffered from way more people than sexual assault victims. So many of us are time and again under existential assault suffering precarious lives for no fault of our own and being denied any hope or worthwhile future.
This is the heart-wrenching report on the results of a sexual assault (often considered a dismissible minor issue) that chimes so closely with the existential assaults suffered by a huge portion of humanity:
The Stanford Sexual Assault Case Made Her “Emily Doe.” In New Memoir, Chanel Miller Tells Her Story
Indeed. Such an assault has much longer, deeper, and farther reaching consequences than commonly recognized. But, not to overlook, so do the existential assaults suffered by so many of us. Continue reading “Existential Assault”
Richard Wolff gives lots of awesome speeches and explanations, but sometimes he also skips over vital points like probably all of us. Here is one such case:
Economic Update: Beyond Universal Basic Income
Democracy At Work
Comment: Richard Wolff is probably right that reduced full-time workweek hours could be used less well by sociopathic demagogues than a UBI to divide people because the current weird ideology of our right to live deriving exclusively from us working paid jobs would continue as before. No shaking of the boat. There would be less risk of misleading people into thinking that they work shabby jobs and pay painful taxes only to keep lazy other people from having to work (while always overlooking that this is exactly what we are doing in the current system, although not really for under-supplied poor people who get very little help, but rather for all those super-rich people who own most of what can be owned and swim in a huge stream of money flow they do NOT earn by work). Continue reading “Economics: Shorter Work Hours vs UBI”
A great discussion on UBI, great political satire, class warfare and the dying middle class and poor, healthcare racketeering, political awakening, media corruption by the rule of money, a people’s revolution, the real (capitalist!) entitlement in our market society… 22 cool videos. Stars: Nick Brana, Chris Hedges, Kim Iversen, Richard Wolff, Tulsi Gabbard, Ralph Nader, Jimmy Dore, and more.
- Nick Brana & Scott Santens Discussing UBI
- Satire: Neoliberal Slavery
- Class Warfare: OMG, Reality is Real! Who Knew?
- Middle Class Struggling — But still Half Asleep?
- Market Society: Infinite Greed, Inequality, Non-Living Wages, Life Depression, The Poor…
- Awakening of a Hillerite
- Media: The Dying Free Press & Anger Sales
- Candidates: Debate-Qualified Ones & Tulsi Interview
- A Political People’s Revolution
- World: Venezuela Analysis & How Castro Became an Empire Asset
- Humor: Hillary’s 2020 Advice & Joe the Sniffer
- Capitalist Entitlement
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 05-12-2019 (18 videos)”
In the interview clip shared below, a caller makes an important point about authoritarian regimes, namely that authoritarianism can camouflage in any present economic or political system. Therefore socialism gets easily smeared by pointing at the Soviet Union where an authoritarian undemocratic regime hid behind the facade of socialism (or communism, depending on which representative or critic was speaking). It’s almost funny considering that the Soviet Union’s economic system wasn’t really socialist or communist but a form of state capitalism where the ruling capitalists aren’t private owners of everything but bureaucratic members of a regime controlling everything, making workers as ruled from above, voiceless, and possibly exploited at their places of work as in any private ownership style capitalist system. If you research the history of the term socialism you will find that it was created around the idea of democracy in our economy, the workers owning the means of production, not an authoritarian regime acting out as the workers’ alleged representative and thus painting itself as socialist. But I digress…
Continue reading “The Camouflage of Authoritarianism”
As the Tax Day is about to hit us over the head or under the belt line again, it makes sense to give a thought or two about how proper or improper our tax system is.
Clearly, lots of people across the political spectrum hate taxes, or at least their own taxes, or would like others to be taxed more, or – in some cases – gladly pay their taxes as a contribution to the society that grants them a civilized life. (I once belonged to the latter group.)
But how many of us have actually thought this through? What our taxes are for and what they could be used for instead?
Since many of us are busy meeting the deadline, I want to keep this article as short as possible, only throwing out a funny historic remembrance and some food-for-thought seeds for our future. Continue reading “Proper Tax vs. Iɯdɹodǝɹ ┴ɐx”
This weekend’s video collection of political, economic, and societal issues – both problems and their solutions – is mixed with significantly more written commentary than usual, basically merged with an article. The writing is added to tie the clips together and also enhance the understanding they bring. This particular compilation is also dominated by a heavy focus on one big major theme that is growing in popularity and public discourse: the concept of a Universal Basic Income. Here are many of the pros and cons and how a UBI fits into the big picture. Other topics: an ethical society, news on the corporate media, healthcare, Tulsi Gabbard, liberty, whistleblowers (Manning & Assange), top-run dividedness of the people, Venezuela’s economic reality, and a political comedy session.
- UBI: Introduction
- UBI: Active & Passive Incomes, Taxed or Not
- UBI: Just Printing Money for a UBI is not the Correct Way
- UBI: Social Context and Effects of a UBI
- UBI: A panel discussion with further insights
- UBI: Here is another pretty good discussion
- UBI: The UBI-Scam-Worry on the Left
- UBI: Well Made Point Concerning the Ethics in Our Society
- Lee Camp Exposes Our Ayn-Rand-Style Corporate Media
- Healthcare: An American Tourist’s Healthcare Experience in Europe
- Tulsi Opposes Torture and Regime Change Wars
- Where is our Freedom Party?
- Talk: Chelsea Manning, Grand Juries, College, Mega Corporate Non-Free Market
- Our History: The Divided Poor Utilized by the Rich
- World, Corrupticians, & Media: Backstabbing Assange
- World: Venezuela’s Economic Crisis Explained
- Comedy: Jimmy, Graham, Ron, Stef…
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 04-07-2019 (20 videos) — Biggest Topic: UBI”
Once more an enlightening video compilation so we can spend time on our weekend to educate ourselves for desirable change rather than letting ourselves be dumbed down by the corporate media. Enjoy!
- Society: The Crippling Corporate Culture
- Isms: Socialism vs Fascism
- Corruption: Law Run by the Thieves – The ‘Big Four’
- Revolutionary History: What to learn from the Bolsheviks
- Unions: Top Middle-Class Unionizing Against its Decline
- News: U.S. Election Rigging, Venezuela, Yellow Vests, Social Media Censorship
- Media: ‘The Cleaners’ Who Scrub Social Media
- World: U.S. Sabotage of Venezuelan Power Plant?
- Capitalism: Greed Ends the Age of Antibiotics
- Change: Government is a Tool
- Democracy: Our Fraudulent Elections
- A Good Life for All: The Citizen Dividend (a.k.a. UBI)
I. Society: The Crippling Corporate Culture
Here is an old, yet outstanding, speech by Chris Hedges. It’s from April 3, 2013. If you are certain to have heard most of this before and are short on time, you may fast forward to 1:05:32 where his wrap-up starts and hits hard: https://youtu.be/KJ9nvAX-S1g?t=3932 Otherwise, here the clip starts from the beginning:
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Chris Hedges – America from the Outside – How the World sees US – 2013”)
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 03-30-2019 (12 videos)”
Biggest theme this weekend: capitalism, esp. its war on the people, incl. the new “Woke” Capitalists (The Empire Strikes Back). But also insights on our politics’ corruption and a SILVER BULLET for curing us of it. Plus various other topics, including more on AOC, Medicare & Social Security, the Green New Deal, the Silver Spooners, and the ongoing trickery of the “Democratic” Party to defeat Bernie in 2020 and how we may fight back.
- The Political Minions of the Oligarchy
- “Woke” Capitalists (The Empire Strikes Back)
- Stagnant Wages & the End of the Education Moves-You-Up Myth
- AOC (Competent & Immune to Establishment Smears)
- The War on Medicare & Social Security
- A Silver Bullet to Clean up Political Corruption
- Our War Economy
- World Politics: Venezuela
- Marx’s Actual Take on Religion
- Capitalism Discussions with Economists
- Green New Deal
- AOC vs Ivanka: Real People vs Silver Spooners
- “D”-Party Trickery revealed by an Insider: Why so many candidates? & Silencing Tulsi to Eliminate Bernie
- Mindset for a Good World
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 03-24-2019 (19 videos)”
Heroic women and children and even some men… Definitely don’t miss AOC’s talk with Bill Nye at the beginning of this video compilation and absolutely not the world-wide school children’s uprising videos at the end including a jaw-dropping speech by the little girl that started it.
- AOC & Bill Nye – Wow! (and more)
- Why Capitalism Sucks (3 spiffy videos)
- Rebelling against Human Extinction
- Empire (Plot against Venezuela, U.S. Colonies, & the Alternative)
- Media War
- Whistle Blower War
- Hope from Action: AMAZING World-Wide School Kids’ Climate Protests
I. AOC & Bill Nye – Wow! (and more)
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “AOC Surprised by Bill Nye at SXSW”)
Summary: Not one person paying painfully for another, but investing in a great future for us all. We can all win together. No more hopeless cringing. Time for courage and change.
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 03-16-2019 (21 videos)”