This weekend collection of wakeful videos has two main sections: (A) much on this week’s candidate issues (esp. real & false progressives) and (B) much on the forces that create right-wingers/neo-nazis and neoliberals/meritocracy-believers & hillbots — and if or how to deal with them. The first group is mostly created from people crushed onto the floor, the second mostly from upper middle-classers who won life’s lottery at least to some extent and are either contemptuous or dismissive and ignorant of those who didn’t. Then these two camps go at each other’s throats without realizing that they are being manipulated from the top to defend the status quo that causes all this division and endless suffering.
So much stuff, I may put out a part B tomorrow if I can find the time.
- Bernie (Black Movement, Grassroots Organizer, Endorsements)
- AOC on a Just Society & a Planet to Live
- Mike Gravel’s Analysis: +Bernie, +Tulsi, -Warren
- Best Not to Waste Efforts on Hillbots
- Normalized Presidential Violations (Forget Impeachments)
- Big Money Buying Our Minds
- How People at the Bottom are Duped into Fascism
- What Makes the Lower White Working Class Dangerous
- How to Talk to Cultists (like Fascists)
- The False License to Dominate
- How & Why the “Christian” Right Was Manufactured
- Media War on Bernie & the American People
- Entertainment: Dolly Parton’s ‘9 to 5’
- Humor: HRC BS
- Humor: Talking Back to an Establishment Shill
- Try Some Anti-Commercialism (Teen without iPhone)
1. Bernie (Black Movement, Grassroots Organizer, Endorsements)
Why African Americans are on FIRE for Bernie Sanders
Why African Americans are on FIRE for Bernie Sanders
African Americans For Bernie Sanders Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-10-19 (26 videos)”
Imagine taking a modern online course to become astute in politics and economics, learning what is wrong with our system and how to fix it. That’s exactly what the Wakeful Video Weekend series amounts to, both new and old episodes. My suggestion: watch or listen, share and discuss. (and maybe even voluntarily donate to Beanstock’s World for all that hard curating work)
Channels: TEDx Talks, The Real News Network, Democracy At Work, The Michael Brooks Show, Rebel HQ, Democracy Now!, The Hill, John Spritzler, The Jimmy Dore Show, Corbett Report, and many more.
- Humor: What Does U.S. #1 Mean?
- Non-Rich Lives: Spending all our Lifetime Not Living! ***
- U.S. Poverty: Both Old & Poor And Mostly Kept Secret
- Sick Society: The Capitalist Disease
- Fascism as Flattery
- Neoliberalism: Neoliberalism in Short
- The Soviet Economy
- Status Quo: Murder by Capitalism & Revolution vs Reformism
- Truth & Lies: Real vs False Flag Whistleblowers
- Elections: The Electoral College Favors Swing States, Not Rural Americans
- Candidates: Bernie, Biden, Warren… True Progressive vs Fakes
- Strategy: Why the D-Party SoSo-Works with Bernie Sanders
- Money in Politics: The R & D Parties’ Race to the Bottom ***
- No Piecemeal But a Big Determined Movement Needed
- U.S.A. is a Paid Servant of Murderous Saudi Regime
- Humor: X-Rated Politics (Jimmy Dore)
- Ancient Wisdom (Fables)
1. Humor: What Does U.S. #1 Mean?
Can America Let Go Of Being Number One?
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-10-06 (22 videos)”
Plenty to cry and laugh, celebrate, or be awed. 21 superb videos harvested this week. If you missed them, don’t miss them now. Main themes: climate crisis, communal revolutions, system flaws, the “elite’s” myths, Medicare for All really is #1, divisiveness, rich vs poor, capitalism, and the American egalitarian spirit.
Stars & channels: Greta Thunberg, David Attenborough, Bernie, Richard Wolff, The Humanist Report, AJ+, Peter Coffin, The Grayzone, politizane, Libertarian Socialist Rants, Tovarishch Endymion, John Spritzler, Jimmy Dore, and more.
- The Climate Crisis (Planet Plea, Political Criminals, Greta Thunberg)
- Communal Revolution (Awesome!)
- U.S. Territories
- The System Flaws vs Bootstraps
- Private Insurances in no Way Preferable to Medicare for All
- Economy (Economic Dictatorship, Socially Divisive Markets)
- Media: Parroting Talking Points
- Domestic Terrorism by the National Security State
- Wars to Make the Rich Richer
- Evil “Centrists” vs Medicare (Flagship Biden)
- Capitalism (Wealth Distribution, Work ‘Rewards’, & Odd Ownership)
- The United States of Egalitarians
- Humor (Hillary 2020, ‘No’ Child Left Behind)
1. The Climate Crisis (Planet Plea, Political Criminals, Greta Thunberg)
Plea For The Planet
David Attenborough and Greta Thunberg’s plea for the planet
World Economic Forum
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-09-28 (21 videos)”
The latest weekend collection of recent best videos spreading news and ideas for positive change of our rotten world. Lots of good stuff you may have missed. Every week a new one. (Notice: Producing these when caught in financial struggles is hard. So, spreading the word and subscribing (for free) is a helpful thing to do.)
Stars and channels: Stars and channels: Chris Hedges, Jesse Ventura, Richard Wolff, Amy Goodman, The Michael Brooks Show, The Real News Network, John Spritzler, Tom Nicholas, Peter Coffin, Cowboy Economist, AJ+, The Grayzone, NonCompete, The Jimmy Dore Show, and more…
- News: Space Warmongering, Neurocapitalism (Thought-Policing), Academic Corruption
- Economy: Recent Financial Tremor, China, Monopolies & Cartels
- Corporate Dictatorship (Modern America)
- Latest Union Fights
- Workers’ Factory Occupation
- Immigration & Mass Migration: Weapons of the Oligarchy
- Inequality Report – A Thorough Overview
- Neoliberalism: History, Causes, Effects, & Mind Warping
- Manufactured Division vs Solidarity
- Satire: Progressive Review of the D-Primary Candidates
- Police State: ICE Plows into Peaceful Protesters with a Truck
- Our Gitmo Shame
- Dealing with a Corrupt Supreme Court
- Spy Technology’s Corrupt Profits
- John Bolton’s Firing – The Ins and Outs
- Entertainment: Gelflings, Skeksis, and the Liberal-Fascist Bargain
- Humor: Progressive Laughs In Bill Maher’s Face
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-09-21 (21 videos)”
Several funny but enlightening videos mixed with vital news, rare revelations, and deep insights.
Not to miss: a great conversation of Richard Wolff with Chris Hedges and a heart-wrenching speech on the Assange Case. Oh, and so much more.
Channels: thejuicemedia, ContraPoints, The Jimmy Dore Show, Democracy At Work, John Spritzler, TeleSUR English, Brave New Films, Redacted Tonight, The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow, RT America, Cowboy Economist, Empire Files, The Michael Brooks Show, Ralph Nader Radio Hour, redfish, The Grayzone, Rolling Stone
- Humor: “Honest” Government Ad
- Humor: Capitalism’s Badness
- D.C. Shutdown
- Paying Taxes for a Bad Government
- Identity Politics for the Rich
- Our For-Profit Wars
- Marketed “Mindfulness”
- Our Fake Meritocracy
- Humor: Is Socialism Alien?
- Socialism (Abby Martin & Richard Wolff)
- Not only the Top Fights the Bottom, The Upper Middle Does Too
- Media for the People or The Oligarchs?
- How do Germans See Today’s Concentration Camps in the U.S.?
- Nicaragua: Free Healthcare, Free Education, & a Federal Housing Program
- Joe Biden Gave us the Refugee Caravans
- Media BS: Interview with Jimmy Dore
- Free Press and Tyranny (The Assange Case)
1. Humor: “Honest” Government Ad | We’re F**ked
Honest Government Ad | We’re F**ked
Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-09-07 (20 videos)”
A collection of great videos you may have missed (most of them new this past week). Very informative! And several even comedic and yet very informative. So… revelations and fun!
Stars & channels: Newsbroke, John Spritzler, The Real News Network, Niko House, The Humanist Report, Ralph Nader, The Grayzone, Redacted Tonight, Jimmy Dore, ContraPoints, and more.
- Humor: Capitalism vs Climate (Newsbroke)
- Those in Power Pretending to be on Our Side
- You Want to Know the Real Trump Election Fraud? (Not Russiahhh)
- Tulsi: An Interview Letting her Answer the Questions
- Warren, The Fake Progressive
- Healthcare Destruction: Privatization of Medicare
- Communism Failing on its Own?
- Ralph Nader Radio Hour: “Juuling” & Anybody But Trump?
- Media: Insights into the Corporate Media Bias
- Why the American People Need to Revolt
- Forced Neoliberalism a Stepping Stone for Fascism
- The History and Psychology of Genocide Policy
- Immigration: Illegal Green Aliens
- Mindfulness for Solidarity rather than Personal Isolation
- Humor: 4 Humorous Political Videos (on 2016, Biden, Koch, & the Inefficient Left)
1. Humor: Capitalism vs Climate (Newsbroke)
Another attempt to turn scary topics funny:
Can Our Planet Survive Capitalism?
AJ+ Continue reading “Wakeful Video Weekend 2019-08-31 (18 videos)”
Independence Day is a special holiday held high and celebrated in different corners of society. For some it is just a brief relief from a never-ending money-earning drudgery. For others it is the holiday of their nationalist notions easily linked to fascist white supremacist ideas stuck into their heads from the top by the rich ruling class and their demagogic minions in politics and the mass media to divert (with xenophobia and hate speeches) their justified anger away from the true culprits and causes of their mutilated lives, thus turning them into a duped army of violent right-wingers and idiot voters. For others, like myself, it is an annual reminder of the great ideals of some of our heroic founding fathers whose liberating ideas spread around the world causing awe and love and hope, and even change — change from monarchies and dictatorships to democracies or even attempts at socialist economies (a natural consequence of the life, liberty, and happiness for all concept). Continue reading “European Thoughts Fitting our Fourth of July”
A great discussion on UBI, great political satire, class warfare and the dying middle class and poor, healthcare racketeering, political awakening, media corruption by the rule of money, a people’s revolution, the real (capitalist!) entitlement in our market society… 22 cool videos. Stars: Nick Brana, Chris Hedges, Kim Iversen, Richard Wolff, Tulsi Gabbard, Ralph Nader, Jimmy Dore, and more.
- Nick Brana & Scott Santens Discussing UBI
- Satire: Neoliberal Slavery
- Class Warfare: OMG, Reality is Real! Who Knew?
- Middle Class Struggling — But still Half Asleep?
- Market Society: Infinite Greed, Inequality, Non-Living Wages, Life Depression, The Poor…
- Awakening of a Hillerite
- Media: The Dying Free Press & Anger Sales
- Candidates: Debate-Qualified Ones & Tulsi Interview
- A Political People’s Revolution
- World: Venezuela Analysis & How Castro Became an Empire Asset
- Humor: Hillary’s 2020 Advice & Joe the Sniffer
- Capitalist Entitlement
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 05-12-2019 (18 videos)”
Great speech by and discussion with Chris Hedges, great conversation between Ralph Nader and Noam Chomsky, great economic and social insights from Richard Wolff, a great exposure of the surveillance capitalism turning us all into bots by Shoshana Zuboff interviewed by Amy Goodman, amazing new insights on Venezuela from Greg Palast interviewed by Jimmy Dore. Yanis Varoufakis speaking about the antidemocratic European cartel and the fight for liberty and justice in Europe. And there is more: such as the psychology of conservatives and progressives, the destruction of our social human bonds by capitalism, neoliberals beginning to recognize their faults, and updates on Net Neutrality and the media war.
- Great Chris Hedges Speech and Discussion
- Nader & Chomsky Conversation
- Economic Update
- The New Surveillance Industry Turns us into Their Bots
- Amazing New Insights on Venezuela
- Solidarity vs Tribalism
- Rules-Following Conservatives vs Creative Progressives
- The Social Poison of Capitalism
- The Oh-So-Wholesome ‘Center’ in Politics
- Wall Street “Dem” Admits their Failures
- Net Neutrality Update
- Media War
Note: Over time these video weekend posts have grown to a very large size. For now they are shrinking since I am stuck in continued education costing me much time in an effort to resurrect a former career to rescue myself from sweatshops and precarious short-term/regular-un/and-frequent-under-employment. You still got hours of enlightening stuff to watch for your weekend, though, instead of pointless sports, bad entertainment, and cable propaganda “news”. Enjoy:
I. Great Chris Hedges Speech and Discussion
… from early April 2016, I think, probably shared by me before, but worth witnessing again:
(Note: If the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “Constructing Rebellion, The Overthrow of Corporate Tyrrany – Chris Hedges”)
Continue reading “Political Awakening Video Weekend 03-09-2019 (12 videos)”
I. It’s Time to Heed King’s Call for the Abolition of Poverty
Gist: poverty in our country nowadays is by design and to abolish it we must get ready to change the design (incl. abolishing excessive wealth accumulation)
Quotes: “Knowing that suffering is wrong should be enough of an argument to condemn a system that prioritizes the wealth of a select few at the expense of countless others.” “The abolition of poverty will not simply happen overnight. We have to bring it about in our everyday lives. It’s not going to be given to us by liberal politicians or charitable billionaires who are part of the problem themselves.”
II. 26 Billionaires Own as Much as World’s 3.8 Billion Poorest People
Quotes: “… the planet’s richest people saw their fortunes soar by $2.5 billion per day last year… The wealth of the world’s poorest fell by $500 million each day.” ”“Inequality is not inevitable,” Oxfam’s report concludes, “it’s a political choice.””
Continue reading “Beanstock’s News: Good Reads of This Week”