This weekend’s online video compilation sports stars like Chris Hedges, Ralph Nader, Nick Brana, Jimmy Dore, Lee Camp, Ron Placone, Richard Wolff, “The Rational National”, and more. It deals with many important topics (most especially understanding what is really going on, why we are divided, and what we can do to fix things) ranging across the following categories:
- System Analysis
- Awakening Journey
- Police State
- Candidates (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez)
- Poor People’s Campaign
- Media (and their fake news)
- Establishment Walls
- Mentality for Change
- People Manipulation
I. System Analysis
Two top analysts and activists exposing our loss of democracy (Ralph Nader & Chris Hedges, need I say more?):
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for Ralph Nader, Chris Hedges and the title: “American Mythology and the loss of democracy”)
II. Awakening Journey
I have been having issues with TYT ever since they endorsed $Hillary after Bernie was cheated out of the 2016 primaries. On the whole, I find them too friendly towards the “Democratic” Party and too optimistic of the chances for taking it over from within, but we are all on different stops along our political awakening journey, and when someone who is still on a stop behind me says some good things, I do find it worth sharing:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for TYT, Cenk Uygur, and the title: “Here Come the Pitchforks! The Left Fights Back, Everybody Loses It!”)
III. Police State
To police or not to police, that’s the question:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for TheRealNews and the title: “The Limits of Police Reform: The Origins and Ends of the Police”)
Democracy Now’s Interview of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez after her historic victory:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for “Democracy Now!” and the title: “28-Year-Old Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Wins Primary on Medicare for All & Abolishing ICE”)
If you missed them, I put out two prior posts this week (also with great videos) on Alexandria and her very pleasing victory, including an analysis of how well the DP takeover is working (or rather isn’t, unfortunately, making us need to emphasize a different strategy):
V. Poor People’s Campaign
Coverage of and talk about the Poor People’s Campaign:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for TheRealNews and the title: “The Poor People’s Campaign Speaks Out Against War and Poverty”)
Comment: As for listening before talking and taking newspapers to the suffering communities, there is a cheap and simple way. Newspapers cost materials and money to print. Links to this here site are free. And if some people in those communities have trouble reading, daily reading will rapidly improve your reading, writing, and speaking skills. (sorry, that’s the teacher in me speaking)
Immigration demonization and percentage number games:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for Jimmy Dore and the title: “Fox News Research Debunks Fox News Immigration Reporting”)
How the false world news are manufactured:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for TheRealNews and the title: “Exposing the OAS’ Anti-Venezuela, Pro-US Bias and Right-Wing Hypocrisy”)
VII. Establishment Walls
Discussion about serious flaws in trying to fight the rigged system from within establishment parties. Case Bernie:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for Jimmy Dore and the title: »Another Bernie Organizer “Dem Exits” & Here’s Why«)
Can a people’s champion prevail in the “Democratic” (or Republican) Party machine?
Around 7:50 min in, Nick Brana hits upon a very important fact that too many people still don’t get:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for Ron Placone and the title: “Will Bernie Ever Join Peoples’ Party? w/ Nick Brana”)
VIII. Mentality for Change
Next, an important video on the mentality behind the “conservative”-”liberal” divide which the oligarchy so gladly exploits and which we must learn to overcome, uniting as one American people again.
Why we are divided into two tribes and a hint at overcoming the divide:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for TED-Ed and the title: “The moral roots of liberals and conservatives – Jonathan Haidt”)
Comment: Everybody seems to agree on harm and fairness. A question to both, self-defined “conservatives” and self-defined “liberals” about their differences: Would authority be bad if it came from a just and enlightened government that truly represented us all and were fully accountable (authority such as to prevent and prosecute crime)? Should we be joined into different tribes hating on each other instead of the American People dedicated to liberty and justice for all, recognizing that liberty and justice also include the realm of economics like a good income for all, not getting ripped off by global billionaires, and money removed from politics? And for purity, hasn’t our society derailed when corrupt politics, business management, and media are considered normal; when students beat up teachers, seniors are dismissed as useless trash; when TV floods us with way too much sex and violence and twelve-year olds are looking to have sex, just to mention a few things? Not all of these derailments can necessarily be solved by state power. At the same time, we probably cannot overcome our system corruption (such as in politics) unless we clean house inside our minds and hearts.
The United States of Agony and Suicide, money in politics, the rapacious unscrupulous “elite”, and student debt:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for Richard Wolff, Democracy at Work, and the title: “Economic Update: Contradictions Coming Home”)
Note: Well said: “When you have a society in which profits are more important than people, it’s the logical conclusion [that] we are failing to plan for the future. And there is no reason for society to be run this way. And if you look at how we appropriate money and resources it is all part of a plan to [make the rich richer by squeezing others].”
X. People Manipulation
A good run down of the myth by which the oligarchy keeps us in mental chains. Also, the corruption in our legal system:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for Redacted Tonight and the title: “~202~ Eight Great Myths Of America, Socialist Beats Corporate Dem & More”)
Comment: I know, Lee Camp screams a lot, but even if your ears hurt, he often is very worth listening to.
The establishment’s smears don’t wait. They are already smearing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez:
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for The Rational National and the title: “Ben Shapiro Blasts Dem Socialist Ocasio-Cortez For ‘Radical’ Platform”)
- I suspect that members of the “Democratic” gang will keep playing such progressive victories down as anomalies, while members of the Republican gang describe them as a scary irrational movement out to ruin the nation with unaffordable gifts under the Christmas tree. Each are preaching in the way they know has been working for a long time to their specific audiences, doing everything i their power to keep the American people divided.
- I regularly mention the millionaire minions who guard and work in support of the robber billionaires, upholding and further rigging our political and economic system – and playing with people’s heads – in order to enrich themselves with blood money from the oligarchy. Ben Shapiro, as revealed in this video, does exactly that. He isn’t giving you the news or sensible analyses of it. He is on the payroll to manipulate voters on behalf of the scum we sometimes call “elite”.
- The occupation of Iraq wasn’t merely a “mistake”. It was a war crime killing, crippling, and dislodging millions, destabilizing the whole region, and thus even lead to ISIS.
- These shills are not conservative voices. They are Republican voices. We all are a mix of conservative and progressive inside (or even “liberal”, if you like that word). These shills are shephers for the political establishment gang known as the Republican party who cultivates a voter bloc to uphold the establishment, just like the “Democratic Party” gang does on the co-opted, or should I say faux, left. As the DP is faux-left/liberal/progressive, the GOP is faux-conservative. They are all about pushing the right buttons in people to get them to divide and vote against their own interests and values.
- Extremely important point well said: “The money is already being allocated, but it is not being allocated to the vast majority of people, it is being given to the people at the top and to multinational corporations who are also at the top. These are the people who have all the power [and wealth] already, and they continue to squeeze you dry for every f***ing cent you have.”
Ending Note: It takes me at least 100 hours of spare time each month to research and write news updates and analyses and work on my book. Please widely share links to these articles, so this work is not for naught. You can also help in other ways (including much needed financial support). Only together can we change this messed-up world. Let’s do it! 🙂